What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mistermott

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mistermott » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:55 am

shall we band for a future DHI Dusk Deathmatch when the game is released then?
There is but one truth. If you avert your eyes from it, you will always remain nothing more than a puppet.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 pm

I haven't played the multiplayer yet but I certainly won't give any of you niggers my steam profile.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Do you have an anime avatar? It's okay we all do.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Probably has some skeletons in his closet - and by "skeletons" I mean "moeshit", and by "closet" I mean "playtime rivaling that of April".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:08 pm

I think Kugel mentioned his playtime is nuts for shit like warframe already.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 pm

1200 hours currently. The next game after that is Planetside 2 with about 200 hours so it's not like I play all games that much. We played that in our clan back then so that's not all that much, really. If I were to guess, I likely played Mechwarrior: Online for more hours.
Skyrim sits at sub 50 hours and that's where it'll stay forever.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 pm

AMID EVIL
It's in EA and I only got it because I trust the publisher New Blood to not put out shit. It's not shit but so far, some levels into Episode 1 it's also not amazing.
It's trying to emulate the conventions of Heretic. There's not any strafe jumping in that game, of course, but AMID EVIL could seriously need it. Quite a bit of monsters just fucking beeline onto your position and while you can, barely, outrun everything, it just doesn't feel right to out-maneuvre them with just plain running and not some kinda skill-based movement.

The lack of something like that baffled me right from the start. Like in Quake, you start in some hub where you chose difficulty and like in Quake Live the way to normal difficulty is blocked by a pit. I fell about ten times into it because I tried to build up speed strafe jumping and felt like an idiot because it didn't work. Turns out you're faster just running up to it and jumping at the last moment let's you clear it right away. I was immediately disappointed.

Otherwise it's fine. It may become great eventually but for now I'd skip it. DUSK is miles better.

Might & Magic 2
I could've sworn that I've played it already but turns out, according to GOG Galaxy, I didn't. I'm not quite sure still since after the first session it didn't record my gameplay hours either since my mapping program uses a custom DOSbox instead of the one provided by GOG. From the second session in it recorded my playtime so I really am not sure anymore but I'm trending towards me not actually having played it before.

In any case, I'm playing it now. I didn't port my party from M&M 1 because that party is made of guys all at the same alignment and because imported characters only start at level 7 anyway.
So far, I've played about ten hours. But that includes a lot of reading the manual, parts of the clue book to look up class restrictions and getting a handle on the new version of Grid Cartographer.
Reflecting that, my guys are still level 1 and I've just mapped the starting city Middlegate.
M&M II - Middlegate - Ground Floor.png
M&M II - Middlegate - Ground Floor.png (18.54 KiB) Viewed 797 times
The bottom right part is the arena I haven't been to yet. I've been in the dungeon below the city, fought Orcs, a group of sixty (!) bats and finally got my shit fucked by jugglers.

I'm thinking about exploring the other cities first. Like in M&M 1, there's a portal to the next city and in that will be one for the next and so on. Trainers actually provide you with more hitpoints in the last city, which is why I held off on training.
My party consists of a Knight, a Paladin, a Thief, an Archer, a Sorcerer and of course a Cleric. All real neat and diverse with races, sexes and alignments to make sure that if I stumble upon restricted stuff at least one character can deal with it.

By the way, it has automap as well. Top left corner where the map symbol is resides Otto Mapper, who can teach you cartography. The fountain next to the Inn entrance at 4,8 gives you what is basically Wizard's Eye, giving you a top down map. It's a simple one but you can work with it.
I'm not sure about the colour theme for my map. I may change it down the line but so far it's the most intricate map I've made, minus the missing arena.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:47 am

Playing old games, who does this shit?!

I've finished Papers, Please for the third time, it's really entertaining if you're into puzzle games, because it rewards quick thinking and ability to quickly scan information and notice differences. Great game.

As the same time, I've tried Sunless Sea and after 55 hours, I've decided that I don't want to play that shit anymore. It is an interesting game, but get this: It's a game with strong narrative where interesting stories happen in a text "decide your adventure" form.

The problem is that at the same time, it features a lot of exploration, but unfortunately it also forces you to repeat similar things over and over, and keep traveling across the same map and in general doing a lot of boring, mundaine shit and waste your time.

Including rogue-like elements is also the dumbest decision I've seen in a while, because it goes directly against it's strenghts - yes, you can try different choices in a same story, but the story won't be as interesting second time, and you won't really care third time.

If you die, you lose a lot. The game lies by trying to tell you that things will pass to your next captain, but in order to transfer more than just a little bit you have to work hard, and even then, it's barely worth it. You really don't want to fucking die in this game. A design failure. Binding of Isaac is still the best example of addicting rogue-like that I've seen.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:47 am
Playing old games, who does this shit?!
I'll play a new CRPG as soon as they make good ones again.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 pm
My party consists of a Knight, a Paladin, a Thief, an Archer, a Sorcerer and of course a Cleric. All real neat and diverse with races, sexes and alignments to make sure that if I stumble upon restricted stuff at least one character can deal with it.
Stunning and brave.

Also reminds me that I'm still in the planning phase for my potential Wizardry 6+8 (maybe also +8) run. There's a lot of shit I didn''t get back in the olden days. I'll probably have most of the party start as mages and clerics for the spellcasting skill and then class change ASAP into something that can actually take a hit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette