What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 pm

How are the Greek translations in Nintendo games? The German ones are much better than the English ones.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:04 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:49 pm
How are the Greek translations in Nintendo games? The German ones are much better than the English ones.
Greek translations? Of vidya? THESE EXISTS? :?:

Oh wait...we did translate and dub God of War Ascension that one time and it was...mildly ok...

Oh wait, we subbed the new Soyderman game on PS4 because it was so fucking important to know in greek what an alpha bitch this new unsexy, Ellen-Paige'd up MJ is, how much of a loser Peter Cuck-ker is and how much of a tranny Black Cat is in this game. :roll:

In all honesty though, the only games that we had translated in greek were those old educational french gamea regarding a scientist called Uncle Albert, who could time travel and do wacky shit to teach kids stuff. They were fun for late 90s PC games. Apart from those, nothing else. Not even the instruction manuals were ever in greek until very, very recently. If you're wondering why greeks in the 90s and 00s were desperate to learn foreign languages is because of that, so they could use PCs and play Doom and Final Fantasy and shit. I took it a step further and tried to learn japanese as well after learning about the Censorship boogaloo that has been happening for years. Hell, a lot of us even learned english so we can read the cheat guides that were also only in english, printed or otherwise.

It was just a really rough awakening for everyone that certain things in the world will never be subbed or dubbed or translated so we took matters on our hands. it's also we a lot of greek weaboos in the mid-00s furiously started learning nip as well.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:07 pm

Oh so you have to rely on NoA translations? That's terrible! No wonder you're so mad.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:25 pm

Up until recently, NoA translations have been the norm even in Europe but by the time that changed and Europe got its own english translators I've long since only imported nip games only and read the og text.

I also don't care much about modern Zelda anymore since nothing can top Ocarina and Majora's. And I had most games before Breath of the Wild came out.

Of course we had to deal with retarded bong shit that we avoided for years, like the Ninja HERO Turtles they ahd while the rest of Europe had the Ninja Turtles instead :

Fucking Anglos, I swear.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Dear god, the FE rabbit hole goes deeper than I thought. Makes sense though. Now we know what would happen to a game series' story if you gave a fanfiction writer the reins. Fates is that answer. I never did any of Niles' supports, so I didn't see the pedoshit but that doesn't surprise me either. Japs love pedoshit.

Again, I have to wonder how the FUCK Echoes got made. I do remember hearing somewhere that the guy who made Echoes grew up playing Gaiden with his dad, and his dad was now dead. So he wanted to remake Gaiden for a new generation of players to love as much as he did, because he had such strong attachment to the game. Probably explains why the Gaiden aspects of the game (no weapon triangle, archers can attack from 1 range, magic costs hp etc) were kept intact and not changed to be more like Fates/Awakening. The expanded parts of the story were mostly great too, focused on fleshing out characters instead of fulfilling fanfiction OC dick/pussylust. The DLC is fucking cancerous, but that's fagtendo for you.

I'm kind of conflicted about a remake of Geneology and 776 now. Echoes proved it's possible for a remake of old fire emblem to be not shit. But Fates proved that new fire emblem is nothing BUT shit. So they'd have to find someone who head the project who has as much passion for FE4 and 5 as the dude who made Echoes does for Gaiden.

I really wish more companies would make their own version of FE. We need a mount and blade for FE, where they remove the fantasy elements and replace them with a tactics rpg simulator of the 100 years war. I really like the mechanic in 776 where horse units can dismount and choose to fight with swords, or stay mounted and fight with a lance. Historically, heavy cavalry would often dismount and fight as heavy infantry in sieges or on ground where horses couldn't move freely.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:39 pm

In the english version Niles is censored as fuck and the gay marriage is removed AFAIK. And boy, did the nips hated the pedoshit in this one(shocker I know, they love the dragon lolis in Awakening and OG Fire Emblem(Tiki) but apparently everything is so horrible in Fates, they hated it).

Pretty much, the remake is extremely faithful to a fault and very minute changes happened to the scenario, beyond the addition of Faye and they only facilitated Alm's mark that wasn't as clear in the original. It's very excelent remake even if some aspects are dated but I'd rather that than "updating" the gameplay when it never needed such a thing.

I do like the DLC of the third tier classes though, Conqueror Alm is amazing :

I like how the dude and the designer equated Alm to Alexander the Great and that's why they made him a southpaw in this game, even if it's a meme. :lol:

I think what you're looking for honestly is Shouzo Kaga's games, like Tear Ring Saga and his new "not Fire Emblem" game on PC :

I think there's a cracked version out there.
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:00 am

ban wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:39 pm
In the english version Niles is censored as fuck and the gay marriage is removed AFAIK. And boy, did the nips hated the pedoshit in this one(shocker I know, they love the dragon lolis in Awakening and OG Fire Emblem(Tiki) but apparently everything is so horrible in Fates, they hated it).

Pretty much, the remake is extremely faithful to a fault and very minute changes happened to the scenario, beyond the addition of Faye and they only facilitated Alm's mark that wasn't as clear in the original. It's very excelent remake even if some aspects are dated but I'd rather that than "updating" the gameplay when it never needed such a thing.

I do like the DLC of the third tier classes though, Conqueror Alm is amazing :

I like how the dude and the designer equated Alm to Alexander the Great and that's why they made him a southpaw in this game, even if it's a meme. :lol:

I think what you're looking for honestly is Shouzo Kaga's games, like Tear Ring Saga and his new "not Fire Emblem" game on PC :

I think there's a cracked version out there.
I've heard of those. My plan is to eventually play all the Kaga games, but availability is kind of an issue. I do TRY to find a way to play games legally if I can, rather than pirate everything. Doesn't seem possible in this case though.

My primary problem with the dlc in Echoes is the price. They took a lot of content that should have been free and sold it for insane prices. The postgame difficulty spike is just there to force you to buy the dlc, whereas if the dlc didn't exist, the postgame probably would have had a better curve. Other than that, I loved Echoes. Sure, Echoes is weird and has odd mechanics that were never used in any other FE game. It's a remake of Gaiden! I love that they kept all the weirdness that makes the game what it is! More remakes need to be like that. Even if the game isn't perfect, it's the job of the remake to try to preserve the essence of the original vision while translating that to a new audience. Echoes is also a beautiful game, visually and audibly. Despite the superior graphics of the switch, Echoes looks better to me than FE 3 Waifus because of the superior art and music. Three Waifus was made on the warriors engine and it shows with how ugly the tactical menu looks.

I guess even the nips couldn't stand Fates. More proof Fates is just shit. People be like "oh but conquest is good" nah fam. The story is even worse in Cuckquest. "Oh but awakening is good" Nah fam, map design be trash in that and combat is broken by the pair-up mechanic. The waifushit isn't as bad in Awakening as Fates (nothing is,) but it's still bad and Severa is still in it. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

ban

Post by ban » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:16 am

Yeah, even in japanese the prices are steep but if you know your way with the Dread Figher-villager glitch that was still kept in Gaiden, you'd be fine. Gray, Robin Atlas and of course, Saber, Deen, Kamui and Jesse as well after one cycle and they just assrape everyone, proving my strategy of "just get attack, agility and skill rolls" each level to be correct again. Having Luka as the tank also helps and thankfully with Alm and Celica as well the fights were often very, very easy, especially with Alm's broken shit for the post game like his "not-"Might Gaine finishing move that rapes dragons. Even without the Overclasses, endgame is still feasible but it requires you to be a numbers nut like me

Then again, I also never use Mila's turn wheel, reset everytime I don't get the level ups I want or a character dies so I'm not exactly the best advisor here. Even without the Overclasses, endgame is still feasible but it requires you to be a numbers nut like me. I should know, I did it after getting the Blitzkrieg medal and trying my luck on the Catacombs for fun.

3 Houses also has the unfortunate luck of "Hey Koei-Tecmo-san, you totally need to use this former yaoi artist to make the character designs instead of your guys from Toukiden, kthnxbye" which is retarded as fuck but the engine wouldn't have helped even if they got Hidari to illustrate again.

Besides the tumblrfags and the utter cucks of Serene's Forest, nobody fucking like Fates. They will defend it to death, on /v/, gaymefags and other sites but it will forever be gigashit and an abomination of the game.
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:08 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:30 pm
I really wish more companies would make their own version of FE.
Ask, and ye shall receive:
SpoilerShow

Don't get confused by the combat sequences featuring characters commanding an entire squad of dudes instead of fighting themselves. That's literally just a visual representation of how much you got your teeth kicked in.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Looks interesting. I'm not as big a fan of the tactics ogre view compared to fire emblem view. When I play FFT and Togre, I always end up having to fuck with the camera and strain to see shit. As much as I love both games, I prefer the FE helicopter view with the little sprites.
RAPEMAN wrote: