What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
FuckSploony

Re: What are you playing?

Post by FuckSploony » Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:40 pm
Black Knights have a 3 hit combo with an optional 4th hit that is very very telegraphed. Most of the early DS1 enemies did single hits or a couple hits for low damage. DeS enemies would do either single hits, 2 hits or a delayed combo that gave you time to block or move away.

I don't have a problem with stagger combos for 100% in bloodborne because of the regain mechanic, dedicated gun parrying and how much faster you can move.

DS3 also seems to have some kind of input problem with the r1 stagger kick. I can do it reliably in every other souls game, but not DS3.
My main problem with Dark Souls 3 is that, it seems they wanted the enemies to be as fast as in Bloodborne, but they didnt give YOU the speed of Bloodborne. It feels like The enemy is at 100% of its speed and you are like 75-80% there, i always feels slower/lacking than i should be in that game, even by a little. But its noticeable.
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:11 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:27 am
Also the game is the most pointlessly CURRENT YEAR game I've seen this side of gone home. Ellie is a lesbian for no raisin. Some guy is gay for no raisin. Probably there are other snowflakesexuals in the game, I dunno. The game's cast isn't that big.

Funny how only the gays, trannies and lesbians survive the apocalypse.
Wasn't the gay shit retconned in? As in it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the game, just brought up by the devs after the fact?
I think there's a lesbian dlc where ellie is heavily implied having sex with some other lesbos teen.
And its also a she-boon to top it off, so they can check every mark on the quota. Im sure in TLoU2 there will be a tranny, for i think its the only thing missing in the 1st game.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:46 am
I keep telling people clamoring for a Legacy Of Kain revival that if you don't shut up the aboveis what you're going to get. Raziel will have been a homo in his Human life, murdered for the crime of loving another xir. The series will end with him falling in love with Kain but having to kill him anyway to save homokind.
NuRaziel will be cast into the abyss because he dared to become a hermaphrodite before NuKain.

(Also Ariel will look like Hillary.)
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 am
Then I browsed my steam list for something similar and saw I hadnt played the Titan Quest Anniversary edition yet so that is what Im playing now. Not my favorite skill / class system but decent enough, at least this one has some story and nice setting opposed to grim dawn with the same system.
The main advantage of Titan Quest is actual armor variety. I swear every torso armor in Grim Dawn looks the same.

That being said, the gameplay is much more refined, though TQ is still enjoyable.

That Ragnarok DLC is weird, though. Feels like there are some triggers missing (a character travelling ahead of you can still be found and talked to when re-visiting the old towns, even if said character has already ended up getting kidnapped), some side-quests feel unfinished (there's one about two brothers arguing over who should inherit their father's job, and the solution to the problem involves giving the village elder an item from another side-quest, with no indication that any of this is even related), and the final boss is one of the most weaksauce I have ever seen. Sure, his final form can hit pretty hard, but that would actually require you to purposefully go into melee range. Just shoot arrows at him and dodge the slow projectiles he throws at you. I had more trouble with some normal enemies.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 pm

The ragnarok dlc is not included though and I probably wont ever get it until its around 2 bucks on a keysite.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Gud.

Also, I feel like Disgaea 1 is the most unfocused RPG I have ever played. Most of the chapters are pure filler, with the only overarching threat not mattering until literally the end. The fucking Neptunia games have a tighter narrative structure than this.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:42 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:11 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:27 am
Also the game is the most pointlessly CURRENT YEAR game I've seen this side of gone home. Ellie is a lesbian for no raisin. Some guy is gay for no raisin. Probably there are other snowflakesexuals in the game, I dunno. The game's cast isn't that big.

Funny how only the gays, trannies and lesbians survive the apocalypse.
Wasn't the gay shit retconned in? As in it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the game, just brought up by the devs after the fact?
I think there's a lesbian dlc where ellie is heavily implied having sex with some other lesbos teen.
Isn't she like 14? They really are all pedos, aren't they?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 pm
Gud.

Also, I feel like Disgaea 1 is the most unfocused RPG I have ever played. Most of the chapters are pure filler, with the only overarching threat not mattering until literally the end. The fucking Neptunia games have a tighter narrative structure than this.
Disgaea 1 is mostly a comedy story with anime cliches. Disgaea 2 is the best of the games imo.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 pm

(I love me some D2 as well.)

I know it's a comedy and parody and all that, but basically every other NI game I've played was like that (minus Soul Nomand 'cause that one's more serious) - and also had an actual overall arc to tie everything together.
For most of the story, the D1 cast just reacts to shit.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 pm

FuckSploony wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:40 pm
Black Knights have a 3 hit combo with an optional 4th hit that is very very telegraphed. Most of the early DS1 enemies did single hits or a couple hits for low damage. DeS enemies would do either single hits, 2 hits or a delayed combo that gave you time to block or move away.

I don't have a problem with stagger combos for 100% in bloodborne because of the regain mechanic, dedicated gun parrying and how much faster you can move.

DS3 also seems to have some kind of input problem with the r1 stagger kick. I can do it reliably in every other souls game, but not DS3.
My main problem with Dark Souls 3 is that, it seems they wanted the enemies to be as fast as in Bloodborne, but they didnt give YOU the speed of Bloodborne. It feels like The enemy is at 100% of its speed and you are like 75-80% there, i always feels slower/lacking than i should be in that game, even by a little. But its noticeable.
Pretty much exactly this. If you play DeS -> DS1 -> Bloodborne, you pretty much see From at the top of their game and you can appreciate how every game is different from the one before while still retaining the core ethos and design.

So far, I'd have to rank DS3 as the worst souls game yet. Yes, worse than DS2 in my opinion. I can pick up DS2 and have fun with it, but playing DS3 is pissing me off. It's not even that particularly hard, it's just annoying and bullshitty. Every enemy has 5-10 hit combos that can kill you and you have to spam dodge until they're done. If you thought DS2 was bad for tracking attacks, get that ass raped in DS3 where every enemy tracks you like a mofo.

High wall of lothric is a shitty first level. Most of the enemies can rape you with combos and they gangbang the fuck out of you with crossbow traps, thieves and pairs of lothric knights. Lothric Knights are a pretty fucking annoying enemy type if you're using any weapon that isn't at least as fast as a straight sword.

The 2nd level is much better and honestly should have been the first level. It's more fair and distinctly easier. Vort and Greatwood are both easy bosses tbh. In fact, Vort and Greatwood are easier than fucking Gundyr.

Crystal Sage is bullshit. He's not particularly hard if you stay on him, but did anyone really want to fight Pinwheel again with a lot more magic spam?

The forest swamp area is full of shitty gangbangs and traps designed only to kill you. Fighting an invader isn't enough, we'll have a guy invade you while you're in water that makes you move slow + crabs are chasing you! It's not enough to fight one hostile npc, here have another one with a club too.

Maybe I'm just bitter because it looks like they nerfed the fuck out of the endurance stat.

The bloodborne boss was where I ended my gameplay session. I did kill them but I was a bit DSP about it every time I died. The first phase is pretty creative and fun actually. 2 hostile enemies and 1 berserk one who goes after the bosses. Second phase is bullshit. Everything I've complained about is turned up to 11 with this shitty boss. Loooong ass combos where you have to spam dodge. Tracking attacks. No gap to attack him tbh because his attacks make him fly all over the screen. And he lights the ground on fire so you have even less of a gap to do anything except dodge. I really enjoy pressing circle 100000 times and then pressing attack once. G fucking G.

Way to miss out on what made bloodborne combat great. Bloodborne was never about spamming dodge. You position yourself with dodging while also being aggressive and trusting to the regain mechanic to shrug off little scratches. Can't do that in DS3 at all because no regain.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue May 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Edit: also fuck you martyr logarius you bastard. :D
RAPEMAN wrote:

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Wed May 16, 2018 3:13 am

So I had to get a new monitor and I finally have a decent resolution (I've been using a 1440x900 for about seven years, now) and decided to try to pick a game from what I own to chill out with when I'm laying in bed. Something I can shut my brain off and play with a controller from across the room while my wife and I just talk and stuff.

I ended up choosing Skyrim because it's brainless and she enjoys watching me play it and complain about the bad game design whenever something especially stupid happens and I just can't fathom why people can play this game for years upon years.
Like, I get that it's a Bethesda game and you mod it into oblivion so that you're no longer even really playing the base game any more but the game, itself is just so... bare bones.
I hated the old leveling system even though it made a lot of sense. I vastly prefer this version of leveling due to being able to just play the game and level up naturally but the levels come too fast and after making my way through the Mage's College and Dark Brotherhood (with a few smatterings of some Daedric quests for specific items) I'm already sitting at level 42 because I decided to play the game on Legendary difficulty as a pure, no-armor mage. At this point the game is just boring. The enemies were already sponges but my summons could handle them with very few issues. Now the entire game is leveled enemies that take five years to kill and the only way they're actually challenging is if I stop using my summons but then they go so far in the other direction so as to be completely unfair unless I turn the difficulty down but then they die too quickly for any of the encounters to be any fun.
Any combat mods that you install tend to make the combat either tedious and unrewarding or everything, including you, dies in one or two swings. Quest mods can have great stories but they suffer from the same gameplay problems that the base game does (and a good portion are, "challenging," mods where they put unfairly difficult enemies in odd combinations to test your knowledge of how to cheese the game).

Then I got OpenMW so that I could play through Morrowind again and remind myself why I used to love playing that and came to the realization that the gameplay was terrible then, too, and the entire thing keeping me playing it was the world, itself.

It really makes me remember why I ended up playing Warframe over games like these. Warframe gets simplistic right. It makes no pretense of being a deep, meaningful game. The developers even repeatedly state that the, "rule of cool," governs a lot of their design decisions more than lore or in-universe practicality.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man