What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Auli

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Auli » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Finally finished Nier: Automata. All 5 endings (but watched the SECRET ENDING TRUE ENDING on YT cuz I wasn't connected to the interwebz for some reason).

Was good.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Valkyr is pretty good. She's completely invincible in her 4, which is a bit less useful than it sounds. She's great for a couple of bosses, though.
Mesa is very good and the very easiest way to kill Sentients, which you won't do for a looooong while anyway.

See, the general gist is that there aren't too many enemies that really matter. Most enemies you can kill with pretty much everyone. The trouble children are Grineer Bombards and Heavy Gunners and Corpus Nullifiers.
I don't want to get too deep into elemental damage but the short of it is that what you mostly care for is Corrosion and, to a lesser degree, Radiation.
Corrosion is mega important, due to the way armour works. Armour is incredibly fucky. You'll start to feel that once the enemies hit around level 25-30. You'll find that Heavy Gunners and Bombards won't just be hard targets but waaaaaay harder targets than other enemies of that level. I'll just quote the wiki:
As mentioned before, this formula causes high level Grineer (let's say up from level 50) to be very hard to kill, as you can see in the example of a level 108 Heavy Gunner:

500(1+(108−8)1.75200)=8405

Damage Received=Attack Damage×(1−Damage Reduction) Damage Received=Attack Damage×(1−0.9655) Damage Received=Attack Damage×0.0345

The resulting damage received by the Heavy Gunner is dramatically reduced to ~3.45% of the original damage.
Now, you will never encounter an enemy at that high of a level in normal play. But it visualises how drastically armour escalates. Thankfully, Corrosion strips armour outright.
Radiation is helpful against Bombards, as they use a different type or armour that's more susceptible to rad damage. So later on it's a good idea to carry a primary with corrosion and a secondary with radiation.
No other elemental types really matter and are just there for straight up damage.
Of the non-elemental types, really only Slash matters for bleed procs.

So, the short of that is that building weapons is fairly simple, actually. If it has a good status chance, you build it for status. If it has lots of Slash, you go for that, otherwise you focus on Corrosion.
If it has great crit, you build for crit.

Another element of note is Viral, which halves the HP when it procs but you'll get that along with Radiation if you use all four elements and it rarely is something you specifically aim for. It's very nice, though.

Nullifiers are just plain annoying. Anything with either a high rate of fire or high one-shot damage is good against them. High fire rate to spray their bubble down quickly or high damage to shoot the little generator on top of the bubble. The guys themselves are just regular crewmen and die quickly once the bubble is gone or you're inside with a Warframe that doesn't really care
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Look, I could wank on about Warframe for a really, really long time. Right at the beginning, don't worry too much about stuff. Most things won't matter to you for a good while.
Just go join a Syndicate right away. You can stay cool with three at a time, while three will hate you. Chose either the three left ones or the three right ones. It doesn't matter too much which side you chose. Technically, you can be cool with four but that requires juggling so don't bother.

Pick up all Ayatan Stars you find, do the weekly Maroo quest to get an Ayatan Statue. Combine them at your Mod station and sell them to Maroo for Endo. You'll need that stuff to level mods. Don't level broken mods ever!
Collect everything, you'll need it eventually.

Oh and you'll want to level every weapon you get to level 30 for Mastery XP.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 pm

All right, I'm just rolling in the tutorial shit right now. I dashboarded so hopefully they save my game lol. I'm using volt with the bow, sword and kunai to be a tryhard.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Good, Paris is one of the better weapons they hand you. Take note that the tutorial weapons are all the trash versions. You'll still want to level whatever you got to 30. Don't feel bad about selling it later.

Movement-wise, get used to Bullet Jump (crouch then jump), jump, bullet jump. You can also dodge roll in the air. Combine those to go fast. If you get your shit kicked in, more often than not you were just not moving enough.
Aiming in the air causes you to glide, another great addition to move fluently around. The movement, the shooting and the sense of power are really what make Warframe.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:41 pm

Wait, dashboarded? Are you playing on console?

Edit: In case you are, that's not really the best idea. WF is pretty well optimised and accounts don't transfer. If you should like it and ever want to move to PC, you'll be shit out of luck and can kiss your progress goodbye. Also, consoles get everything at least a month later.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm just fucking around mate. I figured I'd see how it performs on pisspoor and if I like it, I'll get it running on steam. It's all downloaded on pc.

I only would lose about 20 minutes of actual progress if I switched now, which I'll probably consider doing since the gameplay was enjoyable. You know I'm just going to pick the same shit anyway. :lol:
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 pm

I'm just saying so you're not wasting your time. I know you play most stuff on console but for Warframe that's really, really not the way to go. Headshots matter way too much and you're a proper second class citizen on console as well.
Never mind the updates, just not being able to chat easily is a massive nerf all on it's own.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm

I actually play better with controller because I've been a pleb for so long, sadly. Even on PC, given the choice, I'd perform better in a competitive shooter environment with a cuntroller.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Set your sensitivity correctly and I guarantee you that you'll do better with a mouse in Warframe. It's a fast game. Again, headshots matter a whole fucking lot. Especially for crits. Some of the bows can easily go into over 100% crit range. So you crit every time and sometimes red crit. Good times.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!