What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:58 pm

You can hoard all the potions you want, but if you do that, you'll end up wasting a lot of your upgrade materials bartering for items that weigh too much for you to carry. Carrying any more than around 10 healing items tends to be prohibitive to your equip load. You want to be able to pick things up in the dungeons too. Picking up equipment doesn't take any equip load because it gets sent to your box immediately, but picking up items requires free equip burden to do.

Items themselves are rather unique to this game. I'm still figuring them out. You can pick up mushrooms, and these can be traded to the merchant or thrown to inflict status ailments on enemies. Torches likewise can be traded to the merchant for bombs or thrown to set down a "field" which inflicts some kind of status on enemies. I'm still learning how these work. You can pick up gems which allow you to temporarily receive a buff. Oh and buffs in this game are very valuable. Attack buffs dramatically increase your damage, speed buffs let you move super fast etc.

In addition, enemy attacks have friendly fire enabled at all times and some enemies will fight each other. Beast and human enemies will fight each other. For example, spiders will fight with bandits without your input. But even groups of bandits can hit each other with their own attacks. Spike traps on the ground or walls will damage indiscriminately and arrows or bombs can hurt enemies regardless who fired them.

Much like a souls game, the game will often throw groups of enemies at you that cannot possibly be "mashed" through. Attacks do often stun you for a second and you can be attacked by mobs of 5-10 enemies at a time. You must kite enemies around, utilize traps and hit and run to successfully defeat multiples. Boss tend to consist of a single strong guy and a bunch of minions, just to bring home the idea of not hacking and slashing. One rather infamous boss imo are 3 demon minotaurs. They aggro at the same time and they move about as fast as you do, so they resist attempts to separate them. You must carefully hit and run.

Any weapon can be godlike in this game btw. If you want an early advantage, go to the blacksmith and upgrade your favorite weapon until it has ++++++attack on it. +attack translates directly into increasing the damage that weapon deals, and the stats screen will show it. You can easily take a 15 attack weapon and make it a 35 attack weapon just by upgrading it with shitty weapons you picked up while traveling.

I really like the art style of this game too.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:14 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:58 pm
In addition, enemy attacks have friendly fire enabled at all times and some enemies will fight each other. Beast and human enemies will fight each other. For example, spiders will fight with bandits without your input. But even groups of bandits can hit each other with their own attacks. Spike traps on the ground or walls will damage indiscriminately and arrows or bombs can hurt enemies regardless who fired them.
Man, that's some swashbuckling stuff rigth there.

It's always fun when you can use the enemy's numerical advantage against them. This can lead to some of the lulziest stuff in MonHun (Deviljhos wrecking other enemies to get at you, or using other monsters as a shield against Rajang's beam attacks).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Why am I playing WarCraft 3 online so much these days? I wait 5 min- an hour for a game where everyone just leaves or lags out (somehow in 2018). I think I've gone insane. On the plus side, the long que times have helped me practice guitar and write. This game would still be fun if people gave a fuck about RTS games.

I refuse to play StarCraft 2. Shit game, shit story. ANyone got any good RTS's still going strong?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 pm

I tried to play war thunder, honest I did. I don't understand it at all. The game tells me to destroy all the ground targets but starts me in planes that don't have missiles or bombs. I try to shoot a guy and he takes a bunch of hits, then I get hit once and insta-die.

The controls actually aren't that hard and I was doing sick flips and shit all over the place, but I don't understand the game. I don't find shooting enemy planes down with bullets all that fun and I'm not sure when/if I'll ever be given missiles or bombs.

That and the game looks like it's just chomping at the bit to force pay2win models on me.
RAPEMAN wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Started up ace combat x and these games are pretty fun. Killed some flying death fortress thing.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Nice exploitable! I'll grab that one.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Nehezir

Post by Nehezir » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:36 am

Kingdom Come: Deliverance. it runs alright. usually get in the 45-60 fps range on very high at 1440p, which is fine enough. having trouble actually performing the combat system but overall it's pretty fun. I streamed some a week and a half ago but have had internet issues since.
FFXIV: It's FFXIV. I have some fun as a group but I think I'm gonna buy a server transfer soon.
Heroes of Hammerwatch: Fun AF little indie game with old-school graphics and some stuff my friends tell me is borrowed from both binding of issac and enter the gungeon. the latter being a game I actually wanted.
Ark: I started playing on an RP Server lately. honestly the most fun I've had but already my nomadic tendencies are kicking in and I'm thinking of jumping ship to another server. always happens before I either find my home or search for the next.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:18 am

Ace Combat 4 is fun too, but AC5 is full of weird rpg talking shit. Stuff like, all of a sudden, you start getting thrown into missions without any choice of planes, or without any access to the hanger. And your allies talk to you all the fucking time and ask you to blink once for "yes" and twice for "no."

RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:29 am

I finished kingdom come a month or so ago and actually sorta miss playing it, I'm hoping soon there will be mods to make the game worth replaying.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Nehezir

Post by Nehezir » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 am

mad bum wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:29 am
I finished kingdom come a month or so ago and actually sorta miss playing it, I'm hoping soon there will be mods to make the game worth replaying.
they're already on nexus.