What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:02 am

Tranny Gears 5 and Wokelands 3 are virtually indistinguishable.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 am

Yuzu is an alright waifu. Overclocked is next on my list when I finish with Record Breaker and yes, I am playing them out of order. Devil Survivor 2 is pretty great so far. Way better than SMT IV from what I've seen. Only a few levels in SMT IV really caught that Nocturne vibe of dungeon exploration in interesting places. There's too much persona bullshit in these new SMT games. You might think DeSu 2 would be a shitty persona game also, but it has way more endings, deeper characters and a nuanced Law/Chaos dichotomy. That plus the classic SMT gameplay mixed with final fantasy tactics makes it feel like a "real" SMT game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:05 am

Managed to get 4 months free of xbox game pass from some alienware giveaway, so i'll probably play some of the shit I can't normally pirate like metro a shot.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Nocturne - and hopefully SJ - is even nice enough to give you a little hint how close you are to the next random battle. Unless I'm misremembering stuff.
THAT ALREADY EXISTED IN SMT2 ( ・ิω・ิ)
PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2
You can just skip super clunky SMT1 because SMT2 is basically a "if" story where Law side won in SMT1. You are just a Nameless One, I mean, a gladiator with no past memory and none of main characters in SMT1 appears in SMT2. I actually played SMT2 first and had no problem.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:48 pm
But SMT IV is full of animu bullshit and stupid weeb characters like Isabeau who have one defining character trait (likes manga) and love to sperge about nothing in cutscenes.
Well, tbh all the SMT games have some anime feel to it to a certain degree but it was edgy anti-trope one, not pantie harem one. SMT1 is mechanically a crappy game but it did lots of stuff other major JRPGs (or WRPGs) hadn't done yet, it was so innovative and original for its time. Get your shit together or just kill the franchise you ATLUS fuck. I want something creepy and weird, not a hentai with nakamas.

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:48 pm
The new demon designs in SMT IV are all mostly bad from what I can tell. Especially the redesigns of kaneko art.
AFAIK Amazon.co.jp page for SMT 4 was review bombed by Nip SMT fans because of those new designs (I've never played SMT4, thus I have no I idea if the criticism is valid though). I wonder why ATLUS always has this particular issue of being NOT able to introduce new music/art style properly, unlike other companies like SqEni which delivers basically the same but different enough thing all the time.

In Noctourne ATLUS re-used a lot of old materials and fans didn't care much because it was like a reboot of SMT1, but they (seemingly) still do this re-use/rehash/remix/cameo/recycle stuff they really can't keep doing this it gets old.
SpoilerShow

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Edgy nipshit is my favorite, I can't help it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:20 pm

The best things from Nihon have an edge.
AdorableOtter wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:06 pm
THAT ALREADY EXISTED IN SMT2 ( ・ิω・ิ)
PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2PlaySMT2
You can just skip super clunky SMT1 because SMT2 is basically a "if" story where Law side won in SMT1. You are just a Nameless One, I mean, a gladiator with no past memory and none of main characters in SMT1 appears in SMT2. I actually played SMT2 first and had no problem.
SMT2 is certainly on my to-do list. Just not sure whether I'll tackle that one before or after a run of SMT3 (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series), since I haven't touched that one in ages.

And I think I just created some fake news earlier and got the names of those two Devil Survivor games confused. I've started Overcucked, not Soy Cucker.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 pm

What system is SMT2 for? Isn't it for some obscure nipshit system?

Anyway, Strange Journey and Nocturne sit at the top of the pile for (((contemporary))) SMT. Atlus of current year has no fucking idea what they want to do with SMT. SMT IV is pretty bad (outside of the gameplay, which is middling) and Apocalypse looks worse.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 pm

SMT2 was released for something caled the Su-pa Fa-mi-com. Pretty obscure. You've probably never heard of it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Legends say the system before that had a game called Do key Do key Picnic that got rebranded in the states.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Trails again. Rising got new DLC last night. Just managed to beat one of the new extreme difficulty tracks. Took me 35 minutes and 284 faults. Fuck me dead, those are spicy! I won't bother to show a video. Remember the one of Inferno V? That feels like a nice warm up now. Every fucking checkpoint on this track was difficult but nothing ever felt unfair.

Edit: Fuck yeah, that's the ticket! I failed on one of the new extreme tracks at the last part, an awkwardly curved extreme incline. Fucked about on that for 15 minutes but felt like fantastic training. To see if I really improved, I went back to one of the previous extreme tracks No Fly Zone. Didn't even have bronze on that one previously and just got silver first try and it didn't feel like the near impossible struggle it did just a few days ago.
That's why I like the series so much. It truly rewards effort.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!