What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:26 am

Easily the worst Metroid in my opinion.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:29 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:26 am
I take it you've forgotten that Other M exists?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:32 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:29 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:26 am
I take it you've forgotten that Other M exists?
Wew, never played that shit and, to answer your question, it doesn't exist in my mind as a Metroid game. But Fusion if garbage. Ultra linear. Don't even bother going back to places you've been before when you've gained a new ability. Unless the railway system of missions brings you there you won't be able to progress.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:47 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:32 am
Don't even bother going back to places you've been before when you've gained a new ability. Unless the railway system of missions brings you there you won't be able to progress.
Yeah, I've noticed that.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Fusion was garbage. It definitely feels like baby's first Metroid and I can see why fans would be bothered by the linearity. But it's fun to play, the story is compelling, it has semi-decent difficulty and certainly feels more like a Metroid than those Castlevanias that were pretending to be Metroid in its absence.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:52 am

Unless you've played Metroid 2 on GB to which Fusion feels like a baby version to. Just forget about backtracking completely and maybe you can enjoy it. I couldn't.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:54 am

Fair enough
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:23 am

The Fusion Suit's pretty ugly imo. Though at least that's not the GBA game that introduced everyone's favorite NGE ripoff suit.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:35 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Wouldn't really say DQ7 is one of the longest. Why I'm so sure? Because I actually finished it :lol:
I mean, i did clocked 400+ hours on Disgaea 1 for the PSP - and I didn't even finish it. But that's not Disgaea's fault per se, I just dragged my feet around the Item World and never bothered finishing it even once.
Wouldn't really compare the games. Disgaea titles are like designed so that you can waste your time for as long as you like. Half the game mechanics don't even matter if you just play it like a sane person. The closest thing like that you could do in DQ7 is murder that secret dragon boss for a couple thousand times for those Skill Point drops.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:47 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:32 am
Don't even bother going back to places you've been before when you've gained a new ability. Unless the railway system of missions brings you there you won't be able to progress.
Yeah, I've noticed that.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Fusion was garbage. It definitely feels like baby's first Metroid and I can see why fans would be bothered by the linearity. But it's fun to play, the story is compelling, it has semi-decent difficulty and certainly feels more like a Metroid than those Castlevanias that were pretending to be Metroid in its absence.
This is more of my opinion of Fusion as well. The X boss creates some fun tension moments and the game is atmospheric and enjoyable to play.

The "best" metroid discussion will probably always be a slapfight between Super and Zero Mission. My big knock against Zero Mission is the shitty stealth section where they make you play as zero suit samus. It's not long, but it still sucks.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Wouldn't really say DQ7 is one of the longest. Why I'm so sure? Because I actually finished it :lol:
It might be one of the longest dragon quest games, but only if you consider "the longest" about 70 hours, like I said. There are plenty of rpgs even from the HD era that are as long as it, if not longer. Sure, you can do a bunch of repetitive bullshit and get your time up to 100 hours if you're autistic about completion, but the extra shit is mostly awful.

I mean, compared to dragon quest 4's 20 hours, sure. It's long compared to that. But compared to Pissona 3/4 or a ton of other rpgs I could mention, it's about average. I think even Strange Journey clocked me at 40+ hours recently, and I knew what I was doing. I bet the ps1 version of DQ7 is around 40 hours if you know what you're doing. I DO know the speedrun for the ps1 version is 12 hours shorter than the 3ds version, because the 3ds version made "improvements" that shit on any attempts to go fast.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:14 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 am
The "best" metroid discussion will probably always be a slapfight between Super and Zero Mission. My big knock against Zero Mission is the shitty stealth section where they make you play as zero suit samus. It's not long, but it still sucks.
I don't mind the Zero Suit section. My problem with Zero Mission is that, to get 100%, you have to do a load of shinesparking and it's very difficult to pull off.
Kugelfisch wrote: