What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:39 pm

I think we're crossing the generation streams here:

AC4 removed any and all back unit restrictions on ACs. In the generations before that, only missile launchers, rockets and weapon pods didn't have a restriction. Any sort of back unit gun on the other hand can only be used if you kneel (basically turning yourself into a stationary turret), use the Intensify part, or pick quad or tank legs (though quad legs will only let you fire on the ground, not while airborne).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Toodles

Post by Toodles » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:41 pm

I'm playing Tomb Raider Unfinished Business.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:39 pm

AC4 removed any and all back unit restrictions on ACs. In the generations before that, only missile launchers, rockets and weapon pods didn't have a restriction. Any sort of back unit gun on the other hand can only be used if you kneel (basically turning yourself into a stationary turret), use the Intensify part, or pick quad or tank legs (though quad legs will only let you fire on the ground, not while airborne).
Yeah, my standard way of playing AC4 was with both pairs of triggers on both sides held all the way down. :lol: I don't remember what my bindings were, just that I had the weapons bound so that I could hold down all the triggers and boost + fire everything. Then use my thumb to spam the b button for the micro-dashes.

Now I'm playing AC3 and it's completely different. I don't know how people do that bunny hopping shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:23 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:39 pm

I dont remember that much besides AC4.

In AC2/3 i used the 4-legged bottoms, Xio Matrix models? (forgot the name, was something like that, i remember Emeraude, Balena, and there was other one), so maybe thats why i remember differently, since in AC4 i did use 2-legs.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Then your story makes sense. As long as you keep your four legs to the ground, you can fire away.

(Not sure about the models. I think AC3 replaced / renamed most of that stuff.)
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:06 pm
Now I'm playing AC3 and it's completely different. I don't know how people do that bunny hopping shit.
Starting to bunny hop is rather easy. You basically double-tap x (once to start boosting, and a second time to lift off) and let your momentum carry you while your generator can recharge. My only issue atm is landing. I'm pretty sure there's a sweet spot where you can instantly bunny hop again, but I keep messing up so my AC spends a few frames in a landing animation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 pm

For now I'm playing Dead Space 2 and Resident Evil 0, the inventory management in 0 it's so annoying that you must constantly dropping items to use others several times.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 pm

The nips never got inventories quite right.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:58 pm

RE0 sucks ass in general.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:19 am

Need For Speed Undercover. Not bad. It's too easy, though, but if you download the patch it becomes way too hard with unforgiving rubber band gameplay. Barely scrape a wall and you might as well reset the game. It's insane. On the other hand, prime Maggie Q in the live action cut scenes. Apparently it's all cartoons in the new games.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:27 am

Nah, in the newest one it's 3D shitheads but in the one before that it was the absolutely fucking worst RL actors you've ever seen with lines so fucking cringe-inducing that they go right around to being awesome again. NfS: The Room.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!