What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Don't go expecting something like DmC, Bayo, MG:R or NG. It's basic bitch Hack&Slay with no depth to it. Yeah, it's got that little shooting drone or whatever but that doesn't make up for it. Doesn't feel like something made by Platinum at all.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:17 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:29 pm
That's a shame. I haven't played it yet. Sounds like I'm better off going for Bloodborne or Nioh.
I hear only great things about Nioh, but I haven't even got to touch it yet.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:29 pm
Poonoo wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 pm
JRPGs always go for ton of money because they are longer games so paying more for it is worth it. They are the only games you should rush to pick up now since they may actually go up in price.
Look at this nigger that tells Sick Fuck that he's got shit taste spout such gay shit. JRPGs are mostly total crap and you should absolutely not buy them at all. Get a bunch of old CRPGs for one buck fiddy on a sale on GOG. Better value, no dumbed down, streamlined shit, actually taking notes and drawing a map and no little girls and other gay shit you're bombarded with by the fucking nips.
Saying JRPGs are shit is one thing (I barely play them so I agree) but comparing me to SickFuck? No wonder you Germans start world wars. Also:

>actually taking notes and drawing a map

I don't have German autism, I know you guys are obsessed with work but jesus mate, ease up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:14 am

Raoh is hard as fuck. Feels good actually. You get no health powerups and his stage is pretty long and challenging in the lead-up. Then it's 3 phases of hell with Raoh and a few spirit pickups. You can use musou tensei to get 30 seconds of invincibility, but it costs 3 bars to do that. The other super moves just do damage. End of the day, you gotta go toe to toe with Raoh and no gimmicks. No matter how you ration your super moves, you're probably going to run dry well before he's done.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:46 pm

Nioh is a great enthralling game, Nier is boring bugged garbage.

If you even have to think just dont bother breathing anymore.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:17 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 am
I think some niche games like obscure PS2 JRPG's could go for a high price on eGay. Not all of them of course but I've known a few autistic collectors with an interest in the PSDouble before.
What you're not understanding is that was true even when I was a kid. PS2 JPRGs and JRPGs in general always cost more, especially if the printing was limited due to projected niche sales.

That still holds true today, pretty much across all systems. Especially so if the game received universal acclaim.

Even so, some games DID get another printing (Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, as well as SMT 3) and this lowered their value significantly.
JRPGs always go for ton of money because they are longer games so paying more for it is worth it. They are the only games you should rush to pick up now since they may actually go up in price. Baten Kaitos on the GameCube is going for on average $100AUD when I got it at around half that price a few years ago.
Let me guess, you were one of those kids who used to scream PC MASTERRACE all day right? And included your pc specs in every forum signature right? You've got it turned around so hard lol, most CRPGS are pure garbage hardly worth playing. JRPG's are better in EVERY aspect besides being too kiddy.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:53 pm

I'm playing Nier Automata now actually and I'm liking it a lot so far. My only complaint is that it's a bit too easy even on the harder difficulty, although I did stumble into a level 99 secret boss while woefully underlevelled who wrecked my shit. So it seems like there might be some challenge to come later on. It has a few Souls like mechanics but comparing to to Souls is wide of the mark imo.

It actually reminds me of Earthbound quite a lot in terms of the charming quirky characters and general weirdness, but in terms of gameplay it's hard to compare it to anything. It's basic but satisfying and it serves the story well, which you don't see a lot in modern vidya. It's also full of little touches, like if you pause the game in a cutscene where your character gets all fucked up the pause screen is all glitchy, that show people paid a lot of attention to the small details. Again that's something you don't see a lot these days so it's satisfying to see a game where the devs put the effort into making it a complete game, rather than making a paid tech demo designed to shill microtransactions and DLC.

I've beaten it twice but as I'm sure everyone knows you have to beat it 5 times to get the actual ending, so I can't really comment on the story yet as I'm only halfway through, but for me it's definitely worth a buy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 am

I don't have German autism, I know you guys are obsessed with work but jesus mate, ease up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's almost as comfy as Gabelstapler Simulator 2014.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:48 pm
Let me guess, you were one of those kids who used to scream PC MASTERRACE all day right? And included your pc specs in every forum signature right? You've got it turned around so hard lol, most CRPGS are pure garbage hardly worth playing. JRPG's are better in EVERY aspect besides being too kiddy.
I've never done any of that shit. Have fun with your value-brand RPGs with dictated characters.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm
Don't go expecting something like DmC, Bayo, MG:R or NG. It's basic bitch Hack&Slay with no depth to it. Yeah, it's got that little shooting drone or whatever but that doesn't make up for it. Doesn't feel like something made by Platinum at all.
*Puts on nerd glasses*

That's DMC. DmC is the ony that shall not be named.

Combining two different movesets is a bit fun, but it feels very floaty. Also the whole RPG system did more harm than good, since DMC-style games don't really benefit from situations where you can just grind your way to victory and hit the enemies with way too high numbers.
Poonoo wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:50 am
Not really a fan of that, either. This was mainly a technical limitation of the olden days that some grogs have been really nostalgic for.

I mean, those games are already automated tabletop RPG dungeon crawlers. At least one bloke in my party should know how to draw a fucking map.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:33 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm
*Puts on nerd glasses*

That's DMC. DmC is the ony that shall not be named.
I don't play that retard game, bro. Use a number or fuck off. Exactly the kinda shit with Doom where some insist that DOOM is the new game when that has been the proper spelling of Doom forever. The new one is Doom 4.
I respect some shit company trying to reboot a series by giving their shitty new title the same name as the classic even less than I respect the made up pronouns of some transfaggot.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!