What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 am

Auli wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:14 pm
Assassin. I like to snipe and på a glass-cannon.
Cool. Zero is probably my secondary main. I have a build I came up with on my own for him. I posted it to plebbit at some point because I never saw it anywhere else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/co ... ero_build/

But that's just what I did for fun.

Generally there are two schools of thought on how to build zero: melee or guns. Either way, his Cunning skill tree is the glue that holds him together.

Let's assume you're sniping then. I'd rush for Headshot, Fast Hands, Killer, One Shot One Kill (just reload after every shot and every shot gets the buff when you're sniping) and At One With The Gun. On a normal Zero build, you want all his Deception buffs. But snipers don't spend a lot of time in deception except to reposition. You don't need melee skills either tbh. Two Fang and Rising Shot would be actively detrimental to a sniper build, since you'll never get the benefits of those.

As for which snipers to use, they all have pluses and minuses. Zero has a lot of synergy with Jacobs weapons because of their high base damage, which goes sky-high when you nail crits.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:28 am

Been playing some Quake 2 recently from what started as a programming exercise to build it from source.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:50 am

Why not Quake? It's the better game.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Best version of Quake 2 was on PS1.

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Anyone bought Far Cry 5`?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Why?

On an unrelated note, God Eater 2 is a bit triggering for a MonHun fan. Has some very odd design decisions:
  • You like how your MonHun dude is just some random newb who has yet to prove themselves? In GE2 your a special snowflake who's part of a special snowflake squad. In fact you're even more of a special snowflake because being BFF with you turns other people into special snowflakes.
  • The whole "special snowflake" angle feels very much like they thought it was a clever idea to give an in-universe explanation for the new gameplay mechanics.
  • You like Hunting Styles and shit? Well, GE2 kinda did that first with Blood Arts, who either change or replace one of your normal attacks. Problem is that you learn and improve them through an XP system.
  • I repeat: An XP system. In a MonHun-clone.
  • You want more plot in your MonHun? Well, I hope you like dumb animu plots.
  • Srsly the main villain is a creepy wheelchair girl who has been creepily smiling since the start of the game. I was more surprised when Kefka backstabbed the emperor.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Just asking :p

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 pm

I'm having a stardew valley kick right now, and yes I use the mod that makes demitrius and his daughter white

Auli

Post by Auli » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:01 pm
I'm having a stardew valley kick right now, and yes I use the mod that makes demitrius and his daughter white
FINALLY a mod that's made because it was necessary.,

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:47 am

I'm playing Don't Starve Shipwrecked at the moment. I finally figured it out. Day 115+ on my first character in this version. The only problem now is I feel like I can keep it going forever, and I don't want to. But I don't want to seppuku either. The problem with this game is the only way to unlock stuff is to die. That's not a problem for new players, because you'll die a lot while you're learning. But once you know the basic rules of whichever version you're playing, it's much harder for random shit to kill you.

I think I finally understand Shipwrecked. It's very different from Reign of Giants (the default game for me). Food is very easy to come by in Shipwrecked, but there are many more threats to your base. However, the threats are mostly temporary and seasonal. For example, volcanoes drop rocks near you in summer. So you want to be away from your base for that season. Monsoon season floods the islands, and during flooding, unless you have sandbags, it's very easy for your entire base to become a useless spawn zone for poison mosquitos. Hurricane season is your designated base camping and island exploration season, since the winds can't do anything to you while you're not at sea, and a chiminea keeps the wind from affecting your fires. I think the big change in mentality with Shipwrecked is the game wants you to spread out multiple small bases rather than one large one, and to git gud at gathering food as you travel and live a nomadic lifestyle. Boats kind of take the place of bases, to some extent.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome