What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am
Last time I checked Last Armageddon didn't borrow monsters, their designs and/or entire assets from a completely different franchise it has absolutely no relationship with.
Original SMT1 has an unused music data file which is a remix of LA title theme, and that means those games are blood related.
My Williams Warlok pinball machine uses sounds from Robotron 2084, therefore it's a direct sequel.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

Plus Rick Astley is canonically part of the Chrono Trigger world.

This is totally on the same level as "Persona 3+ copy-pastes demons from Nocturne".
Face it: Persona exists because they wanted an isometric SMT with a school setting like if....
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Persona is still ultra gay shit for faggots.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm

And it only exists because mainline SMT can't help itself but destroy the world. Can't make a gay high school entry with those kind of expectations.

In a way Persona is just the Diamond Is Unbreakable of the franchise. Except it wished it was even half as gay and awesome.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm

I've started SMT5 - am having a little trouble getting into it, but might give it another 10 hours or so.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am

Replaying this in honor of Tengo Project's new Shadow of the Ninja remake coming out later this year. One of the only devs making "new" games that you should bother to care about.

Go Nagai is doing the art.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am

The gog version of Alone in the Dork performs a lot better than the one i initially tried, and the game looks a lot better than i initially thought; the combat is still janky, the monsters are still lame and Jodie Comer still looks like an old aunt in need of a shower though.

Callisto Protocol is, at the very least, better than Dead Spehs 3 and the remake - considering that the latter is just a woke downgrade.
No troon bathrooms, no graffiti written by tumblrinas, no dumb love triangles and the same kind of simplistic plot you can find in Dead Space; the space T-virus breaks loose in a prison on a remote, dead moon and everything goes to shit from there.
I had to tinker with the graphics settings a lot to make the game look good, and then i discovered that it performs a lot better with DirectX 11 instead of the default 12, and went with the ultra settings.
There are two main complaints everyone has about this game:
1. It's very linear, with some side paths that lead to additional fights and loot - but weren't Dead Space 1 and 2 like this too? It's been so many years since i played them that i don't remember.
2. The combat and the game overall are too easy.
The game has guns and upgrades like Dead Space, but the combat is at its core melee based, and a simplified Punch Out.
Unless you dodge twice in a row in the same direction like a tard, and/or you have the reflexes of a Dale or a Fill, you will be unstoppable in 1vs1.
Things become complicated when you are facing groups, but then you can reposition yourself (aka running away like a bitch) and use the telekinesis to push the extra enemies away, possibly against a wall of spikes.
The main use for the guns is integrating them in the melee combos, causing dismemberments; some enemies have parts that must be destroyed as quickly as possible to avoid resurrections and/or bulkmaxxing.
At the end of the day what makes or breaks the game is the player finding this fun or not:

Personally i'm enjoying it on hardcore mode, it's probably too easy on normal.
Last edited by Complicity on Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am

Complicity wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am
1. It's very linear, with some side paths that lead to additional fights and loot - but weren't Dead Space 1 and 2 like this too? It's been so many years since i played them that i don't remember.
Yes. Both games were entirely linear.
You could backtrack to a bench and sometimes you'd start from a hub, like going down path A, return and then go down path B, but ultimately progression was linear.

I don't see that as a problem either. It doesn't feel artificially restrictive and there's no reason for Isaac or the player to want to backtrack.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 am
Go Nagai is doing the art.
As if I needed more reason to check out a ninja beat-em up.
Complicity wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am
I always roll my head when games incorporate HUD elements in-game. Especially when it doesn't make sense.
So this guy has like a health bar at the back of his neck? Who's gonna read that for him?
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:52 am
I always roll my head when games incorporate HUD elements in-game. Especially when it doesn't make sense.
So this guy has like a health bar at the back of his neck? Who's gonna read that for him?

Something something standard procedure to track inmates something.
But yeah, it makes about as much sense as the health bar on the back of the suit in Dead space.