What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 pm

They should feel ashamed of the zombo wife. Cole Train was good comedic relief.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Is dungeon defenders any good or should I avoid like everything on Steam?
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 pm
They should feel ashamed of the zombo wife. Cole Train was good comedic relief.
Yep. Gears 2 was a misstep in a lot of ways. Too many vehicles and too much of Dom's wife. Gears 3 was even better at the pathos because you get to go back to Cole's hometown iirc, and remember how things used to be before the locust. That was more effective than the dom's wife zombo meme. The first scene in Gears 1 with Cole involved him playing football with locust and grenades. Gears 3 takes that idea and runs with it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Speaking of games that vanquish sucks compared to, I'm not crazy about Binary Domain but I do think it's better than Vanquish.

Also they aren't cover shooters, but war for cybertron/fall of cybertron were pretty lit third person shooters. They feel a lot like the first Halo titles.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:00 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm
Is dungeon defenders any good or should I avoid like everything on Steam?
Avoid, it was good for its time but it a boring game today.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 am

Hey Kugel, did you ever play that dark sector shit? I'm sure you know the warframe guys made it.'

Related question: how good is the solo content in warframe?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:31 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:47 am
Hey Kugel, did you ever play that dark sector shit? I'm sure you know the warframe guys made it.'

Related question: how good is the solo kahntent in warframe?
I didn't play Dark Sector but I've watched the playthrough by Brozime. It's nothing like Warframe, if that's your question. It's not great either but it isn't terrible.

There is no such thing as solo/multi kahntent in Warframe. I play pretty much exclusively solo and if you can't deal with something solo it is less that it's not designed for solo, which a couple of things just plain aren't, but more that you aren't broken enough yet.
That's really Warframe's thing. You don't get stronger, you become utterly, fucking broken OP. I can tell you that, you can say you understand but you truly won't until a cool two or three hundred hours in.
So, if your question is if you can solo most or even all things, then yes, you can. You won't encounter anything that you couldn't until at least 100 hours in, except for Eidolons, which you can safely ignore and can't fight anyway until you're well into the star chart.

Be aware of two things:
1. Warframe is grindy. The grind is mostly about things you want, not things you need. But the grind really is mostly your gameplay. You're never quite finished and everything you do is either to level something or to try and get a drop. You can view that as a negative and a positive.
2. The game is really bad about explaining things. Ask people in chat whenever you have a question. You'll get a very quick answer for sure because people know what it's like.

Oh and don't call Warframes suits or armours. They aren't.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 am

I play a shitload of borderlands so I understand the grind and am cool with it.

So if I just want to install it, pick Volt and play 100 hours of solo shit, I can do that? Maybe I will then.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 am

For an example of the grind never being over, I'll give you my current list of tasks I "need" to do.
There are new mission types you need to have finished the star chart for to be able to play. I'm still missing nodes.
There's a new quest coming up, the introduction to it has been released, which takes only a couple of minutes but gives you a weapon blueprint.
So I "need" to:
- Finish all missing star chart nodes. I don't have many to go, mostly on the Orokin derilict and the Alad V assassination mission. Orokin derilict requires me to craft keys, that I already have all the resources for, I don't have the Alad V key resources, though. So I need Alad V coordinates, which require me to play high level infested nodes where they drop.

- The weapon needs Eidolon Shards and Ducats. I have neither left over. Ducats are straight forward, you get them from selling Prime parts you get via Void Fissure missions. Eidolon Shards aren't so much. I need to hunt Eidolons for that, which I'm not really equipped for to do them solo right now. Thankfully, I know what to do.

- Incidentally, Chroma Prime just dropped. Chroma is pretty much the best Warframe to solo Eidolons. The Prime variant is, like all Prime things, basically just a better version. Along with him came the Rubico Prime. The Prime version of the best Eidolon solo sniper rifle. I have both but leveled neither. So I'll do that and then go hunt some Eidolons.

In gameplay, I reckon that all that will take me twenty hours at least. That is excluding distractions.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 am
I play a shitload of borderlands so I understand the grind and am cool with it.

So if I just want to install it, pick Volt and play 100 hours of solo shit, I can do that? Maybe I will then.
You can. Previously I'd have told you to pick Excal, which you may still want to do, but since Excalibur Umbra is out that's a maybe.
Shoot me a PM at some point. I can give you some mods.
Oh, never buy something. You really don't need to. Plat can be earned with gameplay. You'll have some Platinum just by making an account. Don't buy weapons or Warframes with that Platinum! Buy weapon slots and save enough for at least one Warframe slot. Only spend it when you need to. Get to Mars, grind the boss, build Rhino.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!