What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:14 pm

So far I'm getting my ass kicked. I forgot how quickly the difficulty ramps up. The difference between good combos and playing like an idiot is also staggering. The few moments I get my shit together I wipe the floor with minibosses. The other time they do the same to me.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Yeah, I noticed myself that you can die fast in this game. But once you're (back) in the groove you'll be fine.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:23 pm

Cuck of Tsushima.
It's Assassin Creed without the microtransactions and the soy writing, meaning that the plot plays out like a samurai movie and not like a tumblr fanfic with subquests involving bestiality or cuckoldry (Odyssey).
So far i've completed 60-70% of the game, and i have counted a grand total of 4 wahmen who know how to fight, 3 with samurai training and 1 thief, almost like it's historically accurate or something.
No supernatural shit in the main game (maybe excluding a subquest about obtaining the long bow, in which the male protagonist is exposed to some kind of gas and is hallucinating), but there are plenty of onis, tengus and undead in the horror themed multiplayer mode -which can be played alone, because no way i'm going to pay a subscription to soyny.
In lethal mode you will die in 1-2 sword strikes (3-4 with a samurai armor), making it way more fun than the ultra easy extreme mode of Odyssey.

The Last of Troons 2 soyboys go on and on about the visuals of that game and guess what, Ghost of Tsushima destroys them.
And it's a giant open world game, not a shitty interactive movie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:05 am

I do not know when the classic archetype of the HikkiNEET Hacker Waifu got started, but I certainly know when it got perfected.

(This is shortly before she starts whacking you with her keyboard.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:26 pm

I'm eight hours in and I know exactly what pissed me off the first time about Bayonetta and it's not gotten any better.
The game wants you to play in a very specific way and deviating from that is plainly not allowed. Abuse Witch Time and chain the Weave combos. Do that and only that and you'll feel like you're playing on easy mode. Do anything else and you get stomped.

Interrupting enemies, even the weakest ones, is impossible with anything but weave attacks. Launchers are the only exception but they are way too slow to use outside of WT.
It's the most flow chart of spectacle fighters. It's not bad but it feels very restrictive at times. Sometimes, you may as well play DDR.

What is shit is that just about every interruption by cutscenes ends with you having to dodge immediately when gameplay resumes. Straight up 85% of the time that's the case. That gets old really fast.

You also need to know boss fights, the levels and enemies by heart in advance to have a chance of doing them well. Attacks are often not indicated with enough of a wind up animation, some enemies hit you just by turning around sporadically and way too often there will be button prompts out of nowhere.

So far, it's a far cry from Ninja Gaiden (let alone 2) or DMC. I'm only enjoying my time with Bayonetta very rarely right now.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Now DMC is a franchise I want to play. Sadly the only ones that I own are considered to be the shitty pair (DMC2 and the reboot)

It's been a long time since I fired up DMC2 and I never bothered to pick up the reboot.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:23 pm

How did you manage to only have DMC2 if the good ones are available on the same platforms?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:26 pm
Interrupting enemies, even the weakest ones, is impossible with anything but weave attacks. Launchers are the only exception but they are way too slow to use outside of WT.
What difficulty are you playing this on?

And you will love the hammer in Bayonetta 2. Interrupts for days.
Attacks are often not indicated with enough of a wind up animation, some enemies hit you just by turning around sporadically and way too often there will be button prompts out of nowhere.
It's not enough for you that they telegraph shit with animations, Gibberish, and usually some tiny lens flare stuff?

(Button prompts are annoying, though.)
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:56 pm

The camera isn't all that great and the warning sound for attacks is the same for all attacks but not necessary comes at the same delay.

Listen, I'm mostly just frustrated with the combat system that just doesn't gel with me. I understand that I can just hold down the attack button, dodge and then continue the combo. Very rarely I manage to do that. It's just so unnatural to me.

Bayonetta: The fight is a dance with flow. Combos are meant to string together and don't really need to be interrupted, except by dodging, which integrates seamlessly into the middle of any combo.

Ninja Gaiden: Short, explosive bursts of attacks with quick movement between enemies. Combos are short and lethal or disabling and combat is stop and go between attacking for a few hits and then disengageing via block into counter or a movement option.

Bayo's combat makes perfect sense for it's setting. I just can't wrap my head around it. I automatically try to play it like NG and that just can't work.
I'm playing on Normal, of course. It's the highest difficulty you can select at first.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:42 pm

Bayo's combat style has always fit well with how I like to play these kinds of games. The shotgun feet should have some ability to interrupt attacks IIRC. I played a fuckton of Bayo back in the day.

It's not too hard to be in witch time all the time. I understand maybe you don't want to play that way, but it's a big part of how to dominate the game. A simple tip I can give you to make the combat easier is to use the sword (in your hands obviously). The sword becomes ridiculous in Weave form and it does high damage even normally. It's so good that I try to avoid using it when I play. The skates are another good option for your feet if you don't like the shotguns.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:07 am

The skates are cool if you gotta go fast, but they give you a bit of a floaty feeling.

My favorite feet weapon are the pistols (can't beat the classic), shotguns (for more of a "kick"), the bazookas (huge range) and the claws. The claws in general can be pretty nuts, especially with those exploding balls of rape. I generally set the feet claws on fire (there isn't really much of a speed difference, but fire packs a bigger punch), while I tend to use lightning for the hand claws (since I find the fire ones a bit slow there).

I would also save up some money for the Moons of Whateverthefuck, which give you a SF3-style parry option. This can be a godsend even if you trigger it on accident, and it's pretty much the only way to escape from enemy combos.
Super Cheesy Boss TacticShow
The Bazookas are absolutely bonkers during the "Serious Mode" you see in most boss fights. You can spam Wicket Punches like a mofo, with stunlock like you wouldn't believe. You can pretty much win the final phase of the Fortitudo fight without the guy even being able to move, let alone attack you.
-Yours Truly