What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mad bum » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:22 am

Just play H-Doom like a true weeb.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:29 pm

But is there a Moe Doom?
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:41 am
DoomRL is the one I need to play.
Hell you need to. It's so friggin' good.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:51 am

Still casually working on RE5. I kinda want to get a custom weapon before I finish the game, so I might grind just a bit to afford maxing a gun. I'm on chapter 6 now iirc.

The wesker fight was fun but jill was a total bitch because the "entreat" command is on the same button as "restrain." And the ai is mostly fine in mobbing situations, but it gets absolutely bodied in certain boss fights or when it just decides to run a particular script. I needed the AI to help me open a chest to get the Lightning Hawk (deagle.) The AI refused to come near me because its retarded ass had decided it had to go distract Jill while I fought Wesker. And since it was scripted to do that, I couldn't get it to do anything else. You'll notice particular situations where the AI will run to one specific point or do a specific thing every time and you can't modify its behavior at all. I think it's for reasons like that people get pissed off with Sheva.

In the actual game, AI sheva has been mostly fine. I gave her an upgraded beretta 92fs and dragunov sniper and she kills most enemies easily with her aimbotting. She doesn't really waste ammo with this setup because you get shit-tons of handgun and rifle ammo drops. I have like 400 pistol rounds sitting in my box and 100 rifle rounds + she always has two full stacks of rifle ammo no matter what.

I'm using the scorpion, grenade launcher and ithaca with the magnum for bosses. Works out fine. It feels like a waste for both party members to have a pistol. The scorpion holds over 200 rounds of tmp ammo and has a crit bonus, so it's efficient as hell. The grenade launcher... Damn am I ever in love with this thing. I WISH this gun was in RE4. It's godly in every RE game it shows up in. It works the same as classic RE games. You can't upgrade it at all but you don't need to. You get acid, flame, flash and explosive rounds for it and you can even buy ammo from the shops. Flash rounds are super cheap and you can stock 12, which means instant death to any irritating plagas.

I did the infamous licker section today. It fucking blew. I killed every one of those cunts but it took all the acid rounds + half my flame rounds + a bunch of magnum ammo and sheva was actively getting me killed with her retarded scripting. It seems like she's scripted to run into the house and get gangbanged by lickers. Solo licker section in RE5 might be the most annoying level I've done in a while.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:51 am
Still casually working on RE5. I kinda want to get a custom weapon before I finish the game, so I might grind just a bit to afford maxing a gun. I'm on chapter 6 now iirc.

The wesker fight was fun but jill was a total bitch because the "entreat" command is on the same button as "restrain." And the ai is mostly fine in mobbing situations, but it gets absolutely bodied in certain boss fights or when it just decides to run a particular script. I needed the AI to help me open a chest to get the Lightning Hawk (deagle.) The AI refused to come near me because its retarded ass had decided it had to go distract Jill while I fought Wesker. And since it was scripted to do that, I couldn't get it to do anything else. You'll notice particular situations where the AI will run to one specific point or do a specific thing every time and you can't modify its behavior at all. I think it's for reasons like that people get pissed off with Sheva.

In the actual game, AI sheva has been mostly fine. I gave her an upgraded beretta 92fs and dragunov sniper and she kills most enemies easily with her aimbotting. She doesn't really waste ammo with this setup because you get shit-tons of handgun and rifle ammo drops. I have like 400 pistol rounds sitting in my box and 100 rifle rounds + she always has two full stacks of rifle ammo no matter what.

I'm using the scorpion, grenade launcher and ithaca with the magnum for bosses. Works out fine. It feels like a waste for both party members to have a pistol. The scorpion holds over 200 rounds of tmp ammo and has a crit bonus, so it's efficient as hell. The grenade launcher... Damn am I ever in love with this thing. I WISH this gun was in RE4. It's godly in every RE game it shows up in. It works the same as classic RE games. You can't upgrade it at all but you don't need to. You get acid, flame, flash and explosive rounds for it and you can even buy ammo from the shops. Flash rounds are super cheap and you can stock 12, which means instant death to any irritating plagas.

I did the infamous licker section today. It fucking blew. I killed every one of those cunts but it took all the acid rounds + half my flame rounds + a bunch of magnum ammo and sheva was actively getting me killed with her retarded scripting. It seems like she's scripted to run into the house and get gangbanged by lickers. Solo licker section in RE5 might be the most annoying level I've done in a while.
Definitely upgrade that Ithaca to max, getting the Hydra that way is worth every Wakandabucks. That thing will make mulch out of most if not all enemies. Also don’t ever give Sheva a stun rod. It makes her go full retard. Her AI didn’t bother me when I first played the game at launch, but replaying it a year or so back and I noticed some frustrating bits like you spoke of.

I’m glad to hear you like the launcher, it’s one of my all time favorite series weapons and was sorely missed in 4. Also how are you liking those mother fucker reapers?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:20 pm

Pinball Arcade
I'm going to try and complete table goals. There are two sets of five goals for each pin. First the normal goals and then the wizard goals. It's stuff like earning an extra ball, reaching a certain score, finishing a certain mode or whatever. Currently, I've only completed the wizard goals on two pins. On Gottlieb's Centigrade 37 and Jacks Open. Both are electromechanical pins and those usually have a bit simpler to reach goals because they are drain machines and there's nothing complicated to make a goal out of.

I don't know yet for what I'm in the mood in. I'll browse first which one I still have normal goals left uncleared on and then go from there, I suppose.

One I'll likely wait a long time for is Goin Nuts. It's a holy grail pin because there is only ten produced machines. One is sitting in the pinball hall of fame in Las Vegas, something I absolutely need to visit at some point, but if you ever get to play it you'll know why there are only ten.
It's got three gimmicks. First, it's a widebody. Those are unusual but not unheard of. Judge Dredd, Roadshow, Genie and Paragon are all widebodies I can immediately think of.
Second, it's always in multiball. Now that's unusual! Again, Judge Dredd is one of the small series of "Super Pin" that featured a "Super Game" which would cost more money but be in multiball for the entire game. Always multiball for a regular game is unique, however.
Third, it's time based. That's very unique. So you can drain balls and be fine but you've only got a set time for the game. Some Zaccaria pins give you a fourth ball to play with on a timer based on how well you did during the normal three ball game. The only other pin that I know that's completely time-based is Safe Cracker, but that one is super unique in absolutely everything anyway.

Cool as shit!

The problem with Going Nuts is twofold. First, it's shit. The playfield is shit, gaining back time is the only real goal and it's based on shots that are almost random. Second, the sound is absolutely grating:

Who would want to listen to that all the time?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:07 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm
rabidtictac wrote:

Definitely upgrade that Ithaca to max, getting the Hydra that way is worth every Wakandabucks. That thing will make mulch out of most if not all enemies. Also don’t ever give Sheva a stun rod. It makes her go full retard. Her AI didn’t bother me when I first played the game at launch, but replaying it a year or so back and I noticed some frustrating bits like you spoke of.

I’m glad to hear you like the launcher, it’s one of my all time favorite series weapons and was sorely missed in 4. Also how are you liking those mother fucker reapers?
Are the reapers the bugs? I think that's an enemy from RE3 as well. The bugs are difficult, but they're not that bad. A couple shotgun blasts in the stomach, then a couple more in the weak points that pop up. You just have to remember to periodically back out of range of their running instant kill. Lickers are way more troublesome for me. A licker in RE2 took 2 shotgun blasts. These lickers take waaaaay more punishment than that.

Yeah man the grenade launcher is cool. I guess they thought the RE4 mine thrower was similar but it's really not. Somebody should mod the RE5 grenade launcher into RE4, complete with the ability to purchase ammo. I noticed some people complain the launcher takes too much inventory space (because of the different ammo types) but I don't think it does.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:35 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:07 pm
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm
rabidtictac wrote:

Are the reapers the bugs? I think that's an enemy from RE3 as well. The bugs are difficult, but they're not that bad. A couple shotgun blasts in the stomach, then a couple more in the weak points that pop up. You just have to remember to periodically back out of range of their running instant kill. Lickers are way more troublesome for me. A licker in RE2 took 2 shotgun blasts. These lickers take waaaaay more punishment than that.

Yeah man the grenade launcher is cool. I guess they thought the RE4 mine thrower was similar but it's really not. Somebody should mod the RE5 grenade launcher into RE4, complete with the ability to purchase ammo. I noticed some people complain the launcher takes too much inventory space (because of the different ammo types) but I don't think it does.
You’re thinking of the Brain Suckers/Drain Deimos from 3, cool and lesser known enemies in my book. Hunter Gammas were awesome too, I’d love to see the entire hunter series and new variants make a return someday. Revelations did them okay but I want better.

And yeah fuck those roaches, they’re just annoying sons of bitches in certain areas. As for the grenade launcher I would love to see the next game take a page from Parasite Eve 2 and give you a weaponn with multiple under barrel attachments. They had stuff like the bayonet and launcher, but then they got really fun with weapons like a high voltage stun gun, a flamethrower, and even a laser. The weapon system was great in that game with how they handled attachments and secondary fire, the melee option with certain items kicked ass.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:49 am

I've actually been thinking about picking that game up (parasite eve 2.) It looks pretty fun.

Edit: Went ahead and got it. It is fun. Did the first boss and now I'm in a desert area. Sucks they took away my mp5 though.
RAPEMAN wrote:

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:49 am
I've actually been thinking about picking that game up (parasite eve 2.) It looks pretty fun.

Edit: Went ahead and got it. It is fun. Did the first boss and now I'm in a desert area. Sucks they took away my mp5 though.
That M4 they give you is just as good. Upgrade that thing often. I used it for my whole play through.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Parasite EVE 2 is breddy gud, I have it on my PSP, still haven't gotten the best ending though. :/
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.