What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:21 pm

I like to think I'm hip to the scheme but whenever I go into a store my IQ drops just like everyone else's. I was at my worst whenever I'd go shopping with mom as a kid and even as a NEET adult without a drivers loisense. Stupid women take fucking hours at the store, my dumb cunt mom has fucked around Walmart for literally twelve hours when she's gone alone. After two hours of monotony your brain rots and you start looking around at stupid shit you don't need and any potentially potentially good purchase just goes unused.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:50 pm

That's part and parcel with the idea that you shouldn't go grocery shopping when hungry. Everything in the store is placed in just the right position to make you conSOOM.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:26 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 pm
Anybody here know a good twin stick shooter that isn't old as dirt? Everything I found looked like total garbage.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Furi is the best twin stick top down whatever thingy bar none. 11/10 or 7/5. I tried to find a similar game later but couldn't. Furi No.1 Just make sure to use French voice over because other languages aren't that good, probably because it's French dev.

Alien Swarm is good too but you need another player or two, also probably L4D2 is overall better experience.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm

>Synthetic
That looks pretty cool. I'll check that one out.
>Furi
I don't care for bullet hell, nor boss rush shooters.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 am
The layout of a modern supermarket is a masterclass in how to set up the latter. They always put the stuff everyone wants in the most inconvenient locations and they jam their impulse purchase bullshit that nobody needs in the way. They make you run a gauntlet of bullshit to reach the eggs, milk or bread. It's why the checkout stands are full of unhealthy snacks and shitty tabloid rags.
The layout of a supermarket is that way out of necessity.
The basic shape of a supermarket is most often a rectangle. At least ideally. Anything else is just annoying. That forms a path that is oval. You know what people do in an oval naturally? Walk through it counter clockwise. Anything positioned in the middle or directly in the corners is automatically not where people are naturally inclined to walk to.

So what goes in the corners? Right in the first go fruit and vegetables.
1) You want the first impression to be something fresh and nice, not boxed or canned stuff. It's also most likely the reason they visit your store. Be real pro and have your entry to the store in that corner to effectively eliminate one of them right away and instead funnel people along the first "hallway".
2) They have seasons, meat doesn't. What's cooked that day is often decided by what is in season so they can immediately get an idea on what they want from the butcher shop that fits.
Otherwise try to eliminate corners entirely.

What goes in the middle? Toilet paper, pet food, cleaning products and such. They don't want to go to the middle so they will only do so if they need to. If you put stuff they don't strictly need there you may as well have nothing in those shelves. Every m² costs money so it has to make money.

The other necessity is that you earn fuck all on essential products. Go ahead and try to build a store that only carries essential stuff. Enjoy your 5% profit margins for a month until you find out you can't even pay electricity from that, let alone rent or employees.

Why are there displays full of stuff everywhere?
Because they work. You sell two times as many Mars bars at the checkout than from the regular shelf. You sell ten times that from a random display set somewhere vaguely fitting. You need that 45% margin of the Mars bar to make up for the 5% margin of the toilet paper and milk to arrive at a cool 25% margin that allows you to keep the store running and pay yourself a salary.
Want to be even dumber than trying to run a store that only stocks essentials? Try running a gas station that only sells gas. Below 1% margin here we go! Might as well give the next customer a fiver to take and go fuck himself, keep the gallon and use it to light the gas station on fire.

Why the shit at checkout?
People standing in line get bored easily. Boredom is as bad for people as torture is. They will buy basically everything there and not even look at/don't care about the price just to alleviate boredom. You best bet I'll put something with a high margin there instead of a pound of flour with a literal 1 cent margin.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 pm

Checkout candy is also a great trap for cusotmers who brought their hellspawn with them.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:32 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm
>Synthetic
That looks pretty cool. I'll check that one out.
>Furi
I don't care for bullet hell, nor boss rush shooters.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 am
The layout of a modern supermarket is a masterclass in how to set up the latter. They always put the stuff everyone wants in the most inconvenient locations and they jam their impulse purchase bullshit that nobody needs in the way. They make you run a gauntlet of bullshit to reach the eggs, milk or bread. It's why the checkout stands are full of unhealthy snacks and shitty tabloid rags.
The layout of a supermarket is that way out of necessity.
The basic shape of a supermarket is most often a rectangle. At least ideally. Anything else is just annoying. That forms a path that is oval. You know what people do in an oval naturally? Walk through it counter clockwise. Anything positioned in the middle or directly in the corners is automatically not where people are naturally inclined to walk to.

So what goes in the corners? Right in the first go fruit and vegetables.
1) You want the first impression to be something fresh and nice, not boxed or canned stuff. It's also most likely the reason they visit your store. Be real pro and have your entry to the store in that corner to effectively eliminate one of them right away and instead funnel people along the first "hallway".
2) They have seasons, meat doesn't. What's cooked that day is often decided by what is in season so they can immediately get an idea on what they want from the butcher shop that fits.
Otherwise try to eliminate corners entirely.

What goes in the middle? Toilet paper, pet food, cleaning products and such. They don't want to go to the middle so they will only do so if they need to. If you put stuff they don't strictly need there you may as well have nothing in those shelves. Every m² costs money so it has to make money.

The other necessity is that you earn fuck all on essential products. Go ahead and try to build a store that only carries essential stuff. Enjoy your 5% profit margins for a month until you find out you can't even pay electricity from that, let alone rent or employees.

Why are there displays full of stuff everywhere?
Because they work. You sell two times as many Mars bars at the checkout than from the regular shelf. You sell ten times that from a random display set somewhere vaguely fitting. You need that 45% margin of the Mars bar to make up for the 5% margin of the toilet paper and milk to arrive at a cool 25% margin that allows you to keep the store running and pay yourself a salary.
Want to be even dumber than trying to run a store that only stocks essentials? Try running a gas station that only sells gas. Below 1% margin here we go! Might as well give the next customer a fiver to take and go fuck himself, keep the gallon and use it to light the gas station on fire.

Why the shit at checkout?
People standing in line get bored easily. Boredom is as bad for people as torture is. They will buy basically everything there and not even look at/don't care about the price just to alleviate boredom. You best bet I'll put something with a high margin there instead of a pound of flour with a literal 1 cent margin.
Hey man, I'm not saying you're a shithead for doing it. And I know it works. Obviously it works. I'm aware supermarkets have to sell a lot of bullshit to make a profit, because they often sell the milk and eggs for too small of a profit. I'm just pointing out the way shit is.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 pm

Germany man how much soymilk do you sell and how much do you keep for yourself?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 am

I know, tictac. Just saying how it works out in praxis because most marketing cunts never actually worked in a store. What you see in a super market is tried and true shit. If one was to listen to marketing faggots you'd actually see shit like watermelon pyramids IRL.
Nothing guarantees that you sell as little shit as possible as setting up things in a too nice-looking way. For some things it's even better if you just throw it in a fucking bin. Looks like shit's on clearance and people aren't afraid to rummage around in it. :lol:
Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:42 pm
Germany man how much soymilk do you sell and how much do you keep for yourself?
Very little to the former, none to the latter. But we're in a rural area. I'm sure the cities, especially the ones with universities full of hipster faggots, sell that shit by the dozen. We don't even sell eight packs a week. People weather living in an area that smells like cow shit half the year, they at least want to reap the benefits of having cow milk in exchange.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:37 am

Didn't supermarket sweep leave the retail business? Probably made a brothel knowing those Germans.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]