What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:02 am

The internet is a big place UUUU, it's full of trash but theres better background noise out there than Several Gays Dilating Quick.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:44 am

I haven't watched any GDQ shit after 2015 except for some highlights to see the absolute state of the cuckoldry there. Current Year was bad enough and from what little I've seen that's just when it started to get real bad.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:43 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:58 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:39 pm
Is it weird that I can't beat any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games? I just can't get my head around all the magic and slots and weird Japanime voodoo.
I finished VII and IX no problem. I abandoned VIII because of the retarded Junction system and the fucking level scaling.
I didn't beat 7 but that's most likely because I played 9 first and that games battle system and story was more fun.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:09 am

I was enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn up until I realized that the writers could only write villains and negative characters as white men. Because that’s not at all a generalized view on the world.

Why did they even need a human villain? Hades was fine as it was.

Old Black Man

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:09 am

I was enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn up until I realized that the writers could only write villains and negative characters as white men. Because that’s not at all a generalized view on the world.

Why did they even need a human villain? Hades was fine as it was.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:29 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm
mad bum wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 am
Best song in the whole game.

Sonic R has the superior soundtrack. It really makes you feel the sunshine.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 am
I saw someone play Lightning Returns and dammit, it actually looked fun. Seems like a totally different team had control over the franchise by that point, because the game is nothing like FF13. It's a majora's mask apocalypse story with action rpg gameplay where you control a single character and switch between outfits like you'd switch classes in a tactics game. Except you do it on the fly, during battle. So you can switch to a mage class, cast a bunch of spells, then switch to a defender to block, then switch to a fighter to attack etc. Your stats change and everything. The hack and slash gameplay reminds me a little of Vagrant Story. You chain combo the giant enemy crabs so you can knock them on their backs for massive damage. Or you can parry to do the same thing.
I think they kinda dropped the ball with the class-changing because doing pretty much anything in your current class lowers some bar that'll only recover while being in a different class.
This feature alone makes me paranoid the game is not actually about switching to different classes to exploit enemy weaknesses and stringing together complicated combos, but a case of "Pick strongest class, alpha strike some bitches, switch to other classes till you can alpha strike again".

(Maybe I'm mistaken than this is actually Bayonetta: Final Fantasy Edition, but I don't trust Square-Enix.)
Even at an early point in the game, I have 2 very damaging classes (glass cannon black mage and a physical attacker) and 1 tank class. It's not as rough as you think it is. The story is still stupid, but less so since you only have 1 character.
It's so bizarre how avid defenders of FFXIII shit all over LR. They'll defend the vaginal discharge of the story of the trilogy to the death, but they hate LR's gameplay despite it being somewhat better-ish compared to its predecessors. They keep insisting XIII and XIII-2's gameplay was "deep" and "not at all linear in any way."

It's still garbage, but just slightly more tolerable compared to what came before.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:43 am

I don't know what it is about it but FF and especially the modern era of it is just repulsive to me. The entire branding of the franchise. The feel of it, the universe, the whole style of it. I can't stand anything about FF. Never could.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:32 am

Ivalice is way more tolerable as a universe. But the best universe will always be FF6 imo. It's the one that makes the most logical sense to me and has the least weird bullshit fantasy stuff. It has a lot of simple explanations for things.

Why is there magic? Magic comes from espers which are these long-lost spirit things. The empire knows about 'em and that's why shit like magitech exists. They use factories to replicate mass-market magic, but it's still shitty compared to real magic, so they're also working on what amount to State Alchemists, in the form of Terra and Celes.

Why is there technology? Because people invented it. Technology and magic are 2 separate things and the world is basically in the steam(punk) age of technology.

Why do monsters exist? Because they do, fuck you. Ok that part isn't explained.

Moogles are kind of like espers in that they're this super rare and unknown group of weird animals. They're not just a shitty meme and Mog is actually a good party member. I don't remember their relationship with espers but I think they have one. Probably ties in with how mog does dances that activate magic.

Also magic in general is some really old shit, so the only people who know it even exists are the Empire (who have been researching it) and some super old fuckers like Strago.

That about sums it up. Also most characters have a reasonable backstory and motivation for what they're doing. The game being so deliberate about magic both in the gameplay and story really helps it come together in the world. Magic is the crux of the story, which is very fucking fitting for a game called Final FANTASY.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm

I dig the FF6 world myself. It's very internally consistent, and it has a unique style that isn't just there to be stylish.

(Also any version of Ivalice with those non-human races can suck my dick. Can't stand any of 'em.)
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:43 am
I don't know what it is about it but FF and especially the modern era of it is just repulsive to me. The entire branding of the franchise. The feel of it, the universe, the whole style of it. I can't stand anything about FF. Never could.
It's hard to describe, but modern FF games have this "style over substance"-approach that falls flat because not only is the style a bit of an aquired taste, but it also pretends that it does have substance. It's like the Cuck Art Online of video games (or the other way around).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:46 pm

In terms of everything I would rather have that the Phantasy Star series went where Final Fantasy went but sadly it died early.