What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:03 pm

I actually played that one. For a few minutes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm

I've finally got into pathfinder kingmaker and it's highly recommended for the CRPG itch. It even has a turn based mod if you want that.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:45 am

Conquered the second fortress in Shadow of War. Lots of cleaning up to do, recruiting more orcs of the region and such but very satisfied with the siege, apart from one orc dying.
I think I'll recruit a lot of orcs in the second region and garrison a few to transfer into the first and third region. Into the first to send one into the fight pits and confront a champion to unlock the citadel upgrade, whatever that is. Also to bolster the first fortress up with higher level orcs and to completely fill up the region with orcs under my control. I want no more hostile ones walking around there.
Another reason is to transfer a really good one into the third region to act as my bodyguard. Very handy to have around in a new region where you have next to no intel.

I've said before that you're no one-man-army anymore in this game. That still holds true for the most part but there are a few things I've found out. Defenders are the most annoying grunt to deal with by far. Even if you unlock the skill to kill grunts with a perfect counter, they don't do you the favour of attacking with something you can counter but instead have to dodge.
Additionally, they are often difficult to just headshot with an arrow because they love to hide behind their shield.
But if you have the skill to link Shadow Strikes an easy way to get rid of them is to SS a dude somewhat behind them and then chain it to them, killing them instantly.
It's also useful to note that they can't block insta throws so throwing knifes work well to hit them. If you have a set of gear that makes your first dagger poisonous or set enemies on fire that'll open them up nicely for normal attacks. Or you have the three throw skill and hit them with all of them to make them stumble over so you can ground execute them.

I'm also having a lot of fun with Caragors. Summoning a Dire Caragor, wrecking shit and then being able to howl for an allied one every time the might bar is filled up makes for some fantastic chaos on the battlefield!

Four more fortresses to go! :D
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:14 am

mad bum wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:55 pm
I've finally got into pathfinder kingmaker and it's highly recommended for the CRPG itch. It even has a turn based mod if you want that.
Sure, I'd love my turn-based tabletop RPG to be actually turn-based.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:08 am

I beat Strange Journey Redux on the true chaos ending. The true final boss was much easier than Meme Aleph and I beat it on the second attempt.

So I've pretty much beaten all the SMT games available on "modern" consoles. Maybe I'll give SJR a write-up like I did for SMT IV later. I still prefer the art of vanilla, but the new additions weren't as cancerous as I was expecting. The new content is basically a remix of the Kalpas from Nocturne. If you don't want to play the new content, you don't have to. The Kalpas are completely optional and you can get one of the old endings by ignoring them. The new voice work is all fantastic. Apparently the seiyuu are from JoJo or some shit. The game is definitely way easier than Vanilla is, but you can also ignore most of the new easymode shit. I do consider March to Death a good addition for people who want less frustration and randomness in SMT. It would be different if there was an armor that nulled expel and death, but there isn't. Getting randomly mudo'd by a fucking pig in the 2nd area is a big OOF to take over and over from a random battle. At least with March to Death, mudo spam isn't an instant reset.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:11 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:10 pm
Mobile Suits from Gundam IBO are pretty darn weird (basically all of them fight by hitting other mechs with a big slab of metal, or by firing the loudest gun they could find), but man do they ever make for good bodyguards in the other series' missions (where beam weapons are considered the superior choice in-universe, which IBO suits resist hard). I don't think I ever had one of them take damage from a beam attack.

Gundam Flauros looks derpy as fuck (imagine a grimdark version of Barney the Dinosaur who can turn into one of those enemy dinosaurs from Super Mario World; I can only assume he looks a little bit cooler in non-SD), but man does a range 9 attack ever come in handy.
So the ms in that universe resort more to melee and physical ammunnition in that universe? The last series I watched were age and soynicorn so I'm little out of the loop.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:41 am

One of the main gimmicks of IBO is that humanity used to be terrorized by giant-fuckoff Mobile Armors 300 years ago until they came up with armor that would counter their beam spam. The armor is probably still in use since the setting has suffered from a decline in technology, and they're mostly just cobbling together stuff from the past (a lot of the high-end Gundams are 300 year old models that have finally been restorted to their original glory).

Some of the fancier Mobile Suits alsolet you directly interface with them via some implant, which uses some Indian-sounding name I can't for the life of me remember.

What I find kinda neat is that the main protagonist's Gundam keeps getting upgraded with bits and pieces scavenged from his fallen enemies.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:46 am

World of Warships.
Go ahead and judge me. Pretty fun game and not marred by the shit that makes World of Tanks unplayable. Bayern is also strong as fuck.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:48 pm

So I take it this one doesn't have p2w bullets?
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:48 pm
So I take it this one doesn't have p2w bullets?
Nope. People are also way less salty. There are premium ships but all those do is earn more XP, which is fairly useless because those ships have nothing to spend it on to upgrade them. But it's practical for re-training captains. They are also not overpowered. In fact, quite a few of them aren't even really good.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!