What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:56 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:01 am
Are any of the Gothic series (pirahna bytes games in general) worth playing?
Gothic 1 and 2 were great, imo better than any TES.
You have to work your way up from the bottom and if you enter the wrong cave/valley too early, or piss off the wrong npc too early, you are going to get raped.

Gothic 3 is the biggest Gothic, only good with the fan patches which fix its issues/bugs.

Gothic 4 Arcania is a turd, avoid at all cost.

Risen 1 is a low budget Gothic 1, no more no less.
Risen 2 sucks, a shitty pirate game in which you don't control ships ever (at least as far as i went before quitting).
Never played 3.

Elex is the last of the Gothic clones, the exploration is good, the combat is bad, the plot is generic.
The interesting thing about it is that, depending of the faction you side with, you will have a character that looks and plays like either a Mass Effect character, a Fallout character or a Skyrim character

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Dusk.

This game is the fucking tits, there really isn't anything else to add.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:01 pm
Dusk.

This game is the fucking tits, there really isn't anything else to add.
Preach! It also just keeps getting better as you go on.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Yup! Finished it a couple of hours ago and first thing I did was restart from the first episode and start all over :)

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Chrono Cross, havent played it in quite a long time.

Fuck, i just want to kill time until the Crash Team Racing remaster comes out...

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:31 am

I'm currently getting gold on all the hard tracks in Trials Rising. There are a couple of track I think I could get platinum in among them as well but I'm not consistent enough yet and keep messing up real stupid shit.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Fuck, i just want to kill time until the Crash Team Racing remaster comes out...
Is that happening?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:00 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:31 am
I'm currently getting gold on all the hard tracks in Trials Rising. There are a couple of track I think I could get platinum in among them as well but I'm not consistent enough yet and keep messing up real stupid shit.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Is that happening?
Same anon, yes, June 21 i think.

On top of remaking CTR, they are also adding all characters and tracks from Crash Nitro Kart. 18 tracks from CTR, 13 tracks from CNK, and all the combat arenas from both games too (12 total), all the extra modes, etc. And its 40$ like other remasters.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:08 am

Where's the catch? That doesn't sound like fans getting railed in the asshole so there's got to be some catch.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:12 am

You can just watch dsp play it to decide if it looks good dood. He's confirmed he's buying it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:32 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:08 am
Where's the catch? That doesn't sound like fans getting railed in the asshole so there's got to be some catch.
Who knows?

But as far as i know, all can be unlocked in the game (characters, skins, tracks), it has all the content from CTR and CNK (the magnetic areas on the CNK tracks have been remade so its normal tracks for the karts), adventure mode, battle, time trial, etc. There is even splitscreen up to 4 players!

Its one of the very few games this year i give a shit, so i hope its good. I loved the original CTR, and despite not liking how CNK controlled, i did liked the tracks which is exactly what they are adding. And a lower price!