What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:15 am

I've been playing dishonored 1 + DLC and dishonored 2. Dishonored 2 plays fine but it's a little annoying that leaning around corners gets you spotted almost immediately. You might think that's obvious but Dishonored 1 made you mostly invisible when leaning around corners. There's a very important reason why: when you are mostly invisible leaning around corners, it gives you an alternative to using the stupid batman arkham asylum-o-vision. When leaning is punished in the game, it further incentivizes constant use of dark vision.

My other minor complaint is dishonored 2's visuals kind of blend together into an HD tapestry. Guards are very hard to see unless they are standing completely in the open or moving in the open. When they are sitting or leaning against a wall, it's ridiculously easy to not see them because they're the same color of red or blue as the backgrounds. Dishonored 1 didn't have this problem because it used a lot of pastel colors for its backgrounds, which tended to highlight the sharper colors of the guards. But when you sharpen up the colors and contrast for dishonored 2 and keep the outfits the same, they blend a lot more.

If you look at their other game, Prey, it seems like Arkane figured this out. Enemies in Prey are stark black in environments that use a lot of primary, non-black colors. So they really stand out.

InconsequentialProblems.txt but you notice these little issues whenever a game hasn't got them nailed, like bullet colors in a shmup.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:33 pm

There's a new expansion for Grim Dawn out. The new settings seems odd since you're traveling to lush jungles and shit for once instead of a grimdark landscape, but the new class seems interesting. It's called the Oathkeeper and seems to mostly focus around shield procs, kinda like a more religious Defender from Titan Quest.

Though who cares about that since I've finally gotten my hands on that Odin Sphere remake for the PS3. Holy sheeat did they spice up the gameplay this time around. Gwendolyn goes as apeshit as some BlazBlue character.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Well, my CPU gets 85*C, so I'm laying on my Switch. For once. Downloaded Octopath Traveller and it's good so far.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 am

That game's coming to PC and nintendie fans are collectively losing their minds over the prospect because MUH EXCLUSIVE GAYMES.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 am

I didn't hear much good from good sources anyway. Only faggots care about exclusives.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:14 am

Exclusives are stupid from the game's business perspective, if the other alternative is "sell on more hardware for more profit", provided you can get past the cross-platform hurdle. Even then you can just shit out lazy ports to troll weebs on Steam.

And doesn't Square-Enx have a track record of releasing a lot of their recent games on PC as well?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:34 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:14 am
And doesn't Square-Enx have a track record of releasing a lot of their recent games on PC as well?
I'm a fan of GBA upscaled Final Fantasy ports slathered in Vaseline too.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:40 am

I meant more recent shit like World of Final Fantasy, or Cuckning Returns.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 am

I'm trying to find more cool FPS RPGs. Gonna try Prey since people are saying it's system shock 3. It has an inventory, so it has to be better than the Bioshit franchise. Going back to Bioshock 1 and 2 (never played Infinishit) highlights how weak those games are. From hitscan enemies spawning in blatantly around you to a mediocre story that doesn't make sense to ham-handed moral "choice" that amounts to being hitler or jesus.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Auli

Post by Auli » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:40 am
I meant more recent shit like World of Final Fantasy, or Cuckning Returns.
I think most SQ games out the last years are also on PC. Along with remasters or whatnot.

I bought Octopath because I was bored af and I'd never buy it on PC anyway.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.