What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Fri May 17, 2019 5:10 pm

A12 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 am
Has anyone here played Company of Heroes 2?
Sure, great game. While the single player is nowhere near as good as the first, the multiplayer is excellent.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 pm

I'm warming up to Steep. I'm getting more of a handle on the controls to actually ride fairly well. I just beat a hard difficulty paragliding challenge that just so happened to be on the way I wanted to go on the third try, winning gold by a very large margin.
I think it's still for free for another day or so. Absolutely worth picking it up.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 am

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed May 22, 2019 2:27 am

Cool 9fag meme, famalam.
Ubisoft is weird. Steep is free right now, The Division 2 has the apparel events where you can very, very easily get all stuff by playing even casually, AssCreed is shekel central. It's like they can't decide if they want to fuck you EA style or want to be alright.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed May 22, 2019 1:06 pm

mad bum wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 am
Whatever retard made this shit up has no idea what the greediest companies in AAA games industry are. Sure, Ubisoft is greedy, but they would really have to step up their game to match Activision, Bethesda and EA. Siege is the only game where I think microtransactions are heavily involved. I don't play it, so to my understanding, the only real greed comes from the elite cosmetics that are really expensive and you can't reasonably grind for them, or they're flat out unavailable and can only be purchased with real money.

The new AssCreed games have them, sure, but you never need them, unless you really want some ugly cosmetics in Odyssey - in Origins, you get some banging cosmetics as you play, not so much in Odyssey, but the whole journo angle about needing the XP boosts was a lie. Those games can't be finished in 20 hours without blasting through them, but you don't have to be a competionist to spend 50 hours in them, you just play on relaxed pace.

So far, Division 2 lets you get every cosmetic item just by playing the game, even if some of them are timed and then become available only through microtransactions. But the important thing is that there is quite a lot of do in the game, even in it's vanilla state. You can't compare that to Anthem or Cuckfield 5, which now already has premium, purchase-only skins that are fucking expensive as shit and they weren't able to add all that much content to the game in half a year - they're still trying to figure out basic gameplay mechanisms!

And don't even get me started on Fallout 76 - there is no reason for me to buy that shit, but it's hillarious to look at their shop and see the absurd prices. 20 dollars for a set of power armor that doesn't look all that different from anything else. It's mobile F2P pricing on a AAA game. They want whales and regular suckers too, and it looks like it's working, despite all the bad press. Ubisoft is nowhere near the bottom of the shitlist in this case.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:27 am
Cool 9fag meme, famalam.
Ubisoft is weird. Steep is free right now, The Division 2 has the apparel events where you can very, very easily get all stuff by playing even casually, AssCreed is shekel central. It's like they can't decide if they want to fuck you EA style or want to be alright.
At least with Steep, I can only assume it's not on the same level of cashcow-ism as say AssCuck.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed May 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Rayman Legends is pretry good. I don't think I've played any other Ubi shit.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed May 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Ubisoft isn't even remotely the greediest AAA company. I'd argue one of the worst right now is Capcom with their "season" model. They sell you a fighting game with 3/4ths of its cast removed and then demand you pay $80 extra or some shit, even if you just want to lab against the characters.

Ubisoft took a lot of shit for the yearly installments of asscreed. Which was fair enough, since each game was basically running off the AssCreed 3 engine. Ubishit also pioneered the empty open world with thousands of pointless tasks you can do to get meaningless checkmarks on your completion bar. Rather than receiving real quests that give you a greater understanding of the characters, world or story, you'd get jobs to kill x amount of african american bears or y amount of male-pattern baldness eagles.

But that was all in the previous console gen. In the current gen, they're mostly known for putting out extremely buggy games which also conform to the "huge empty open world" ubisoft meme. Games like watch dogs and asscreed unity.

For all that, the depths of their greed are nothing compared to "fire everyone" EA and "season pass 1, 2, 3 AND 4" Capcom.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu May 23, 2019 4:42 am

I don't think Ubisoft is greedy, they just have like 50 studios all over the world that need to be payed :lol:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu May 23, 2019 5:25 am

So many ubisoft ball fondlers in DHI. :roll: I got a video you soy drinkers will love.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]