What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 am

I never buy anything in these kinds of games anyway. Already heard about that plat trap in warframe. You know damn well that was the first thing I looked up when I heard about buying plat with real money.

Honestly Mag SOUNDS like the kind of gameplay style I prefer (I main Maya in BL2 and I like crowd control characters), but I remember you guys saying she's shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:11 am

Mag is so fucking shit that gifting her to streamers is a meme.
There is exactly one thing she can do really well, that's killing super tough targets. But only if you have a Lanka and then again there are other frames that do that much better with the same or lesser effort who don't suck at everything else.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 am

What frames do you use?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 am

Off topic but does anyone know that set of characters that is bricking PS4s? I have some DBD players I’d like to take off the map.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I'd ask on /v/. Or maybe even look up plebbit since there are bound to be a dozen panic threads about it at least.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:28 am
What frames do you use?
That depends on what I'm doing. My go to frames are:
Rhino Prime - Especially for quests where I don't know what will happen. Lots of independent survivability.
Nidus - For Mobile Defence at non-ridiculous levels and Survival.
Inaros - For survivability on the move and lots of CC. Mostly interchangeable with Rhino and Nidus.
Limbo Prime - If I need to heavily cheese something. Mostly Mobile Defence against Grineer. Always for Rescue.
Frost Prime - For Excavations or Defence against Infested and Corpus.
Loki Prime - For Spy missions or cheese.
Ivara - See Loki.
Harrow - For Hijack missions.
Ash Prime - For Exterminate missions.

That's all pretty much the tryhard options. For levels up to 50 it doesn't really matter and I play whatever I feel like. I also really like Hydroid, Oberon, Wukong and Excal but don't really have specific purposes for them. Excal is hilarious for cheesing the planetary bridges at the beginning, which can be a bit tough.
I also often prefer taking a dog or cat with me instead of a drone, despite the drawbacks.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:11 pm

How's that berserker frame? And the one with dual revolvers. Both of those seem cool.

Also what the hell is the difference between "prime" and not prime frames?
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes
Which one do you mean with Berserker? Atlas maybe? He can punch stuff. That's basically it.

You get Void Relics as mission rewards sometimes. Each of them can drop six different items. To crack them you play Void Fissure missions. They are normal missions, just that the enemies get replaced by Corrupted enemies, which are basically a best of of the strongest units of the three enemy factions. They usually spawn in groups, at least one enemy per group drops a Reactant, collect ten to get your drop.
The drops from those are Prime parts for Warframes or weapons. The prime variant is a straight up better version.
You can also sell those parts either in a Relay for Ducats, which you need to buy special stuff from Baro, who comes every two weeks, or sell them for Plat to other players. That's how you get Plat without spending any money.

Not every Warframe has a prime variant yet. Every couple of months a new one get it's prime variant released. At the same time, one existing one gets vaulted, essentially removed from the drop table to make room for new stuff. So there are always some Prime Warframes and weapons you can't get with grinding. You can still buy existing parts from players with Plat.
Every once in a while a vault is opened and those parts are able to drop again.
Personally, I'm waiting for Nova to get unvaulted.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:30 pm

How much better a prime variant is varies. With Warframes, it mostly doesn't matter. A bit more armour, a bit more energy, one or two polarisations more. Nothing you absolutely need but there's never a reason to use the regular version if you have the Prime.
With weapons, it matters a whole lot more. The regular Tigris is okay, the Sancti Tigris is much better, the Tigris Prime is Death, Destroyer of Worlds.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Just finished the first Mega Man Tumblr Network game. Pretty fun aside from having some of the worst isometric maps I've ever seen (including the internet "overworld"). Kinda hyped for the next two games where that shit gets ironed out.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:26 pm
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes
Which one do you mean with Berserker? Atlas maybe? He can punch stuff. That's basically it.
I meant Valkyr. And Mesa. Those two seem like fun.

Thanks for all the explanations. I figured prime was probably some kind of super-rare variant with upgrades.
RAPEMAN wrote: