What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:00 pm

So FE has turned into isekai haremshit minus the isekai bit :lol: ?!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:00 pm
Ever since Awakening in the USA and it sounds like before that in japan. FE7 was probably the inception, since FE7 was big around the time of the internet, rule34 and fanfiction.net gaining mass popularity. A lot of fanfiction writers probably saw the tacticsguy from FE7 and wished they could pair him with their favorite FE bitch (more likely, favorite dude since fanfiction writers are all female.) But Awakening was the first english-released FE that acknowledged the cancerous shipping fandom openly and let you pair your donut steel MC with your choice of waifu.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:08 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
In other words a haremshit.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Not quite. A regular haremshit protag is a spineless omega cuck. An isekai haremshit protag is some weird wish-fulfillment bloke who gets transported into the perfect fantasy world where his specific set of autism powers makes him the greatest alpha chad to have ever lived, beloved by all and with no real opposition to threaten him (other than waifus I guess).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:21 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:06 pm
Not quite. A regular haremshit protag is a spineless omega cuck. An isekai haremshit protag is some weird wish-fulfillment bloke who gets transported into the perfect fantasy world where his specific set of autism powers makes him the greatest alpha chad to have ever lived, beloved by all and with no real opposition to threaten him (other than waifus I guess).
Sword Tard Online then.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:25 pm

Plus Master of Ragnarok, where the protagonist becomes a chad tactician by looking up military tactics on Google and only surrounds himself with waifus and older men who are (somehow) uninterested in waifus.

"Otaku loser somehow ends up in a world where his otakushit actually gets him pussy" is the cancer that killed isekai.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:45 pm

The only good haremshit ever made was Urusei Yatsura and that's because Ataru was a typical pussy-obsessed teen who never got any.
SpoilerShow
The only woman who actually wanted to be with him was Lum. All other women regarded him with either disgust or planned to use him in schemes to get back at someone else.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:21 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:58 pm
Fug. That sounds awful. I would argue that it's not possible to have a worse story than Fates though. The Fates story is the worst fire emblem story I can recall. "Let's make a story about war where every female, including blood relatives, wants to fuck the player insert. Let's also make the player insert a mary sue with no flaws and jesus powers. Let's set up the story so that there are only like 5 actually bad people and everyone else who is fighting is one of the waifus who wants MC's dick." I bet if fates was made by an american company, all the men would have cocklust for MC's floppy weenus too.

Should have been called Fire Emblem: Retreats considering nobody actually dies either.
SpoilerShow
Why can't they just make more games like Echoes? Aside from the AIDS dlc, I really liked echoes. no supports and only canon waifus allowed
Yeah, at first I was all "Fates is the absolute worst" but the more I thought about how Kris assraped everything in an already beloved and established game and story it just made me even madder. Shit, the dude was basically super God Stu / Sue where everyone bent over and sucked his super long schlong and nothing could be accomplished with Kris and he / she is so super perfect and shit, it's vile and disgusting.

I know Robin gets some hate because he's the Tactician avatar but at least you have the option to make him "Mark" from Fire Emblem 7 and have him be "Silent" where his entire dialogue is him nodding his head going "............" at everything and never having a support convo nor marry anyone. Kris supports EVERYONE regardless and gives them some of the biggest buffs and the only reason Kris don't get harem endings is because most characters in FE3 already have relationships set in stone.

As for more like Echoes...different team for one and Jewtendo doesn't care about Fire Emblem anymore beyond gacha cancer. Why do you think 3 Houses was developed by Koei Tecmo and the Musou guys(Omega Team) instead?

And since you got me started on not-Kira Yamato aka the UTTER FAG of Fates, let's start, after I specify something :
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
>Minus the isekai
If only you knew how bad things were. Fates IS ISEKAI

It is not ambiguous about it at all. It is Isekai and even has an Isekai in its Isekai world where you can sex up as many ladies as you want and magically pop their kids to existence in different Isekais to recruit them. Oh but it's are ok, it's ok at least you're only truly related to Aqua / Azura but WAIT! Initially you could theoretically sex up your own child due to a glitch.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh and it was removed from the japanese release but the eyepatch archer ZERO, in the USA version Niles, is unambiguously gay and wants to fuck children because his father was raping him until he killed him and that's how he lost his eye and the only relationship where he feels good with is the male avatar. And he is explicitely hitting on the kids in the cast.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh we're not done yet, because that's not all : The MC is a peace loving faggot like Kira Yamato in Gundam Seed Destiny and he always goes about MUH MORALS and NO KILLING everytime and everyone makes the world revolve around him and in the end it is proven that world actually revolves around him since he's the child of a dragon god and basically can bring eternal peace in the whole world and he does. Not only that, he also has a castle keep and an Isekai world of his own and a dragon maid that loves him ever since he was a baby and shit.

Oh and you thought the obviously eveil medieval king was the big bad? Oh no, the TRUE STORY and TRUE ENDING is you convencing both sides to not fight by yelling about MUH PEACE at both of them until they agree to stop fighting the aeons long blood feud between not-Wallachia and not-Japan and take the fight to the one controlling the obviously evil king who is the twin brother of your dragon father and thus you also get to kill a god because only you can. Oh and the MC has a super special extra unique sword that can absorb all the elements, absorb the power and abilities of the main Lords weapons and even transform into a chainsaw sword. A CHAINSAW SWORD!

Oh and to top it off, three characters from Awakening, Azur / Inigo, Serena / Severa and Owain / Udo(not Dirkschneider) from an alternate-alternate timeline of Awakening get Isekai'd from their world to the world of Fates via the Dragon Dad's ghost or some shit. And the only reason it happened is because Serena is the Head Producer's, Nami Komuro's, other self-insert :

The person in charge of the entire Fire Emblem franchise is a Sailor Moon fanfiction writter who self insrtes as Usagi basically via Serena / Severa.

Fuck, even writting this brings me anneurisms. :? But at least it didn't rape any established lore. And unlike Kris, the entire cast of Fates(except for Samurai Radditz, he was the only cool guy in it) gets violently shat on by the cast of the rest of the characters in Fire Emblem Warriors to the point where even the Tactician dude from Awakening is just disgusted by the Fates people retardation and Owain / Udo initially is excited to join the Fates dudes but upon hearing their drivel, he shits on them as well so there's a bit of catharsis for me at least. In Japanese of course, because you know about the masterful Jewtendo of America's localizations :

BONUS ROUND : how hyper-waifu-censored Awakening was in english :

If you're wondering Tictac, why Awakening is still loved in Japan despite inserting the haremshit support system, it's because of two things : 1.)it was to be the last hoorah of FE and paid homage to almost every single FE in existence and concluded Marth's Storyline as well but you wouldn't know about it because the localization butchered fucking everything and 2.)it included systems from almost all previous games and the inclusion of Lunatic+ as well and while it seems that it's an excuse for the haremshit, the marriage and children system were from Genealogy were you could marry anyone with anyone in the first half of the game in order to optimize your units stats and abilities in the second half. And the nips adore Genealogy so you can guess how much they welcomed this.

It's also why I cut it a lot of slack.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:43 pm

Fuck my life this is amazing. That lady must've given some amazing bing bing wahoo to get this far :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:47 pm

Well she's from Kyoto...if catch my Tokyo drift. :lol:

Also, holy DUBS!
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow