What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:57 am

Just played the demo for Carrion. Worth giving it a go for the 15 minutes or so it takes to play though.

Don't mind the game journo levels of incompetent play. You're this red worm blob thing and you move very fast on all surfaces in a wonderfully disgusting manner. You can toss fuckers around and eat them to grow. You gain abilities based on how massive of a horror blob you are.
Pretty neat.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:02 am

Neat!
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am

How much slime tentacle rape is in this game? Just curious.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am
How much slime tentacle rape is in this game? Just curious.
None so far in the demo but you can throw CRT monitors at people and toss them around.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:20 pm

Played a bit of Huntdown. Seems pretty good so far.

It's Epic Store exclusive but has no DRM so torrent that shit.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:50 pm

I feel the color palette could've been a bit darker.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:05 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 am
None so far in the demo but you can throw CRT monitors at people and toss them around.
The full release better have a stage where you hide inside a woman's womb.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:45 pm

Been playing some valkyria chronicles 4. It's fun and all. I played a lot of VC2 on psp years ago. It's basically animu xcom. Only thing I don't like about the series overall is the bosses are mega bullshit. They disregard tactics entirely. A boss will run directly into like 5 different soldiers who all shoot them, but because they're a boss, they're nigh-invincible. They 1-hit any squad member they want and only go down to about 12 turns worth of concentrated fire from your heaviest hitters. When they do go down, sometimes they come back about 2 turns later because of story reasons.

The boss fights in the series are MEGA bullshit. Some of the missions are unfair as fuck. VC4 actually has been somewhat fair so far, which is NOT how the first game was at all. VC2 wasn't too hard either, but it had bullshitty moments with (you guessed it) overpowered boss characters. But VC2 also had no class balance and certain classes were hilariously broken. The smaller map size in VC2 left Shocktroopers (german stormtroopers tbh) ridiculously overpowered. They were balanced in the first game by a poor effective firing range, but the smaller size of PSP maps meant they got massively buffed. Commandos were even more broken, because they had flamethrowers you could use to clear bunkers and pillboxes. Bunkers and pillboxes being one of the few things that could have stopped a shocktrooper's advance. Thanks to the small maps in VC2, you could send a couple of shocktroopers out and they'd kill everything except armor by the end of turn 1.

Fencers were broken for a similar reason. Any class that thrived on big maps in VC1 got shafted in VC2 by the small maps. Sniping and scouting were rendered rather obsolete, since you could scout with shocktroopers and tanks and stay much safer.
RAPEMAN wrote:

declanbush

Post by declanbush » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:57 pm

ymmy wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 am
Now I'm playing this basket ball legends unblocked, and game alchemy.
Those are flash games right? I love to play online games more, Dota 2 is my favorite one so far.

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:15 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Been playing some valkyria chronicles 4. It's fun and all. I played a lot of VC2 on psp years ago. It's basically animu xcom. Only thing I don't like about the series overall is the bosses are mega bullshit. They disregard tactics entirely. A boss will run directly into like 5 different soldiers who all shoot them, but because they're a boss, they're nigh-invincible. They 1-hit any squad member they want and only go down to about 12 turns worth of concentrated fire from your heaviest hitters. When they do go down, sometimes they come back about 2 turns later because of story reasons.

The boss fights in the series are MEGA bullshit. Some of the missions are unfair as fuck. VC4 actually has been somewhat fair so far, which is NOT how the first game was at all. VC2 wasn't too hard either, but it had bullshitty moments with (you guessed it) overpowered boss characters. But VC2 also had no class balance and certain classes were hilariously broken. The smaller map size in VC2 left Shocktroopers (german stormtroopers tbh) ridiculously overpowered. They were balanced in the first game by a poor effective firing range, but the smaller size of PSP maps meant they got massively buffed. Commandos were even more broken, because they had flamethrowers you could use to clear bunkers and pillboxes. Bunkers and pillboxes being one of the few things that could have stopped a shocktrooper's advance. Thanks to the small maps in VC2, you could send a couple of shocktroopers out and they'd kill everything except armor by the end of turn 1.

Fencers were broken for a similar reason. Any class that thrived on big maps in VC1 got shafted in VC2 by the small maps. Sniping and scouting were rendered rather obsolete, since you could scout with shocktroopers and tanks and stay much safer.
Yeah bosses are mega bullshit, for them you must avoid any small mistake during your turns unless you can to upgrade tanks and clases to have a little bit of leverage, right now I’m replaying old missions to get a ranks in those and later I’ll be back at chapter 17 where I got stuck.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:59 pm

I stopped playing VC1 somewhere in chapter 11 or 12 when I got tired of overpowered bosses. VC4 has been more fair like I said and VC2 isn't honestly that hard because of shocktroopers being so fucking insanely overpowered.

My endgame squad in VC2 included almost every shocktrooper the game gives you. I usually only take along 2-3 of each unit type, but I had tons of shocks. ALL of the shocktrooper class upgrades are good btw, it's just that Commando is the most broken one. Heavy Gunner is great for defending a point though. A single heavy gunner will mow down every enemy during enemy phase if they're stupid enough to enter your range. But the interdiction fire bonus they gain comes at the loss of AP (iirc), flamethrower access (already went over why that's good) and accurate player phase machine gun fire.

I intend to go back to VC1 and beat it, especially now that I understand how to use snipers in the more open maps. The main use of the sniper is to take out high value targets that can be one-hit by headshots. They won't do anything against armor and die faster than scouts, but they can be a very efficient way to kill enemy commanders without risking health loss to interdiction fire. I never used snipers in VC2 because the small map size renders them obsolete.
RAPEMAN wrote: