What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 am

Kingdoms of Amalur was one sale again, so I bought it this time. It looks like Fable but plays like God of War. It has dodging and parries. The quests are kind of mediocre and so is the story, but the game is fun to play in a mindless way. It's definitely a massive upgrade over a shitshow like Skyrim. Unlike in skyrim, you have to select skills and sheeit. You can try for an all-rounder build but you lose a lot for that. You can mix and match the three main trees (magic, warrior and rogue) but most opt to stick to 2 trees at most. Like a spellblade or something. The tutorial is pretty decent and gives you a chance to try every weapon to see what you like.

The most aggressively mediocre part of the game is really the dialogue itself and the story. Quests tend to be fetch quests and the factions aren't very interesting. These aren't those classic bioware quests from the kotor era and earlier, where you take a quest and find out halfway through that both the quest-givers and the supposed bad guys are assholes, and you're left choosing between some six or so resolutions to a shitty situation. All the quests I've done so far in amalur have been fetch quests.

Like I said, if you look at it as an upgrade to mainstream Skyrim shit then I think a lot of the Rapril types would call it a masterpiece. But compared to the rpgs people on this forum play, probably not so much.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu May 23, 2019 5:43 am

Did anyone here play the Resident Evil 2 remake? Just curious.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 am

I watched someone else play it if that counts.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu May 23, 2019 10:35 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:41 am
Kingdoms of Amalur

aggressively mediocre

fetch quests and the factions aren't very interesting.
I couldn't finish that game. It starts exciting and interesting (and Shilling Pedro made me interested in the game back in the day, big regret), but gradually gets worse and worse. The combat got monotonous, so did the enviroments, and the story and characters, I can't remember anything about them, it all felt like the lowest form of MMO fetch quests.

I'm not sure where I quit, but I have sunk almost 40 hours into the game. It's a long game and has no bussiness being one. Being completely soulless eventually killed it for me. I have to say that I had more fun playing DA: Inquisition and certainly had more fun playing any of the Assassin's Creed games - mainly because these games don't put all eggs into single basket that eventually gets smashed. Like I've said, the gameplay was engaging at first, but did not keep me going, because in the end, it wasn't that great.
Rapeculture wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:43 am
Did anyone here play the Resident Evil 2 remake? Just curious.
Not yet, have too many unfinished games to play first, but I've seen quite a lot, and it's good. It's a mix between RE2 and RE4-6 in a mostly positive way.
mad bum wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:25 am
So many ubisoft ball fondlers in DHI. :roll: I got a video you soy drinkers will love.
You're just as out of touch as the cuck in the video, just in different way :P I'll raise a glass of soy milk in your honor.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 23, 2019 12:14 pm

SSF, you weren't kidding about the Lumberjack challenge in Steep. That's basically a matter of luck. I'll try to get gold later tonight again.
As far as I can tell, one is supposed to take a mostly straight line and hope for the best.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Thu May 23, 2019 1:08 pm

Despite the game's claim that it's medium track, it's one of the hardest ones to get gold. If you have some time stopping powers, it's time to use them now, because yes, you are supposed to go straight through the forest, and not only avoid hitting any of the trees, but also avoid any random snow bumps that you can't see in that situation that will throw you into nearest tree even if you managed to avoid it.

And when you get out of the starting part of the forest, it's far from over, believe me. I haven't done it yet (mostly because I took break from the game). I did it in beta, but it probably took over an hour at least. There are some super difficult things like this, other "favourite" of mine was climbing with the parachute, I believe there is one medium one that takes 5 minutes and it's infuriating to see that you're getting away from that gold because you don't know how does the AI speed up. Just common sense and using the signs didn't get me through some of the toughest ones, I had to look it up.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm

I can reliably get silver every few tries. I can also carve through the tree part with actual control if I want to every third try successfully but that's simply too slow. Calling it "Medium" is the biggest joke. I'm considering to try it on snowboard this time around. I find the tree part much harder on it but the part after that may be easier as I tend to get turned around on skis there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Love this game, too bad don't have anyone to play it with :( it's not so good singleplayer

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 24, 2019 3:54 pm

>the silver-haired guy is supposed to be a girl

I think I'll pass.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri May 24, 2019 7:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:54 pm
>the silver-haired guy is supposed to be a girl

I think I'll pass.
How progressive of you
SpoilerShow