What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:06 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:23 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:46 am
CIANigger, are you planning on getting the Broodwar remake?
I have heard nothing about it except that it's happening.

Got any info?
Nope, not at all. Just that they supposedly won't change anything but the visuals and me suspecting that to be bullshit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:27 pm

I hope they add SC2's quality lobby.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:39 pm

The Starcraft Broodwar is not a remake, but a remaster. They just improved the visuals to make them look sharper by reworking the models, but they are overall the same as before. They did add more resolutions up to 4k. Also will improve the online making it i guess similar to sc2.

The original Broodwar is going to be free to play and patched to have the new online, and the remaster update sold for like 15$ since its only a cosmetic option. You can play both versions together online a switch between both visual modes on the fly.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm

FuckSploony wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:39 pm
The Starcraft Broodwar is not a remake, but a remaster. They just improved the visuals to make them look sharper by reworking the models, but they are overall the same as before. They did add more resolutions up to 4k. Also will improve the online making it i guess similar to sc2.

The original Broodwar is going to be free to play and patched to have the new online, and the remaster update sold for like 15$ since its only a cosmetic option. You can play both versions together online a switch between both visual modes on the fly.
Aw tits.

Will be better than the abortion that was SC2
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:14 pm

They'll find a way to screw up. They're Blizzard, after all.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:17 pm

CIANigger wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:56 pm
FuckSploony wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Aw tits.

Will be better than the abortion that was SC2
Still, its great since we will get an improved online for the original game and more resolutions compatibility. And its going to be free, so no matter where you are you can just download it and play whenever you want.

And since the new graphic update is 100% compatible with the old one, everyone can play together without a hitch.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Yeah, yeah, sure but:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:14 pm
Some intern is going to look at the pathfinding and "fix" some "bugs". You'll hear a larger outcry from Worst Korea than when their president turned out to be a crazy cult member. They will fuck it up somehow. Guaranteed.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:19 pm
Yeah, yeah, sure but:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:14 pm
Some intern is going to look at the pathfinding and "fix" some "bugs". You'll hear a larger outcry from Worst Korea than when their president turned out to be a crazy cult member. They will fuck it up somehow. Guaranteed.
Well, they did say they will keep all of that the same. Pathfinding, unit selection limit, etc.

I mean, so far people have been playing it and there are no changes outside the online.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Maybe even they are too afraid to tinker with one of their classics too much.

And man, Vanquish is my kind of cover-based shooter - as in "use cover as a springboard for bullet time headshots".
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Or maybe they don't even have the people who understand the code in the first place.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!