What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Sat May 19, 2018 9:52 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:28 pm
I don't even know if you just don't dream at all or you don't remember. SSF, I'm not a pothead. It's been years and I don't miss it at all. A full years straight was well enough for me. The worst thing is that eventually you can't handle stess anymore.
Good on you. As for dreaming and not remembering it, as far as I know, you dream the whole time you sleep, most of the time you're just not awake enough to experience it to the point where you would remember something to begin with.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:23 am
If I am thinking about bugs in any way as I'm falling asleep, I 100% will have some shitty bug dream where they crawl all over me. Picture Evil Dead 2 except I'm Ash and the skellingtons are giant spiders the side of my arm or wasps the size of birds.
Interesting :lol: We have a bug boy over here, I don't think I've ever heard about something specific like that. Do you have any phobias by any chance?
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:50 am
I have something similar where I would sometimes dream about being an author or director, and the dream is about some elaborate story I've cooked up.
Then I wake up and can't remember shit about that story.
I have more adventurous dreams, but it's similar in a way that I'm experiencing some creative story myself, and those are the best ones. Usually quite long too. Fuck just dying in a dream :lol:

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 am

Honestly the worst recurring nightmare I have is the one where I'm stuck at university. FOREVER. :D

I'm mildly phobic of some bugs. I was worse as a kid than now.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sat May 19, 2018 11:31 am

I gave Brawhalla a shot since it's free and it's fucking garbage. It's a terrible hybrid of MOBAs and Smash Bros, I went into practice mode with a few characters and I had enough. All the characters without a weapon play the same, the game is designed around you grabbing one of your two weapon options but the problem is that plenty of characters have the same weapon, thus the same fucking attacks. Clones fucking everywhere and I only used 5 characters in practice mode, what a pile of shit.

The core mechanics are a shallow version of Smash Bros and Smash Bros isn't exactly ultra deep either compared to other fighting games. Recovery from a ledge is way more lenient and with the ability to wall slide makes it easier to come back, there is no block option nor throws, the dodges look and feel like shit and the matches at a high level look like two retards trying to dive kick each other:

Compared to Brawhalla

In Smash most of the characters play different with difference movement speeds, power and unique attacks, but in that cancerous trash every character feels the fucking same and every guy with a giant lance or two handguns plays the damn same.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat May 19, 2018 11:50 am

Thats too bad, first Smash Bros clone Ive seen though.
You'd think such a popular game would see a lot more clones and actually some that do it right.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 19, 2018 12:06 pm

There also aren't too many (succesful) Pokemon clones out there. I guess Nintendards are just too attached to their brand.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:44 am
I'm mildly phobic of some bugs. I was worse as a kid than now.
I feel there's a certain size at which bugs and stuff stop being tolerable to cute.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:31 am
I gave Brawhalla a shot since it's free and it's fucking garbage.
It's ultra trash. I don't understand why they all try to put their own spin on Smash instead of just straight up copying it. Fighting games had no problems just copying the SFII formula and that's a good thing. Even worse, they take things away from Smash. Whhyyyy? You need blocking, dodging and grabbing to have an actual rock paper scissor toolbox. There's no good reason to not have all those options.
Rivals of Aether is better in every way but still not actually good.

The fucking ledge mechanics are often the worst thing. Recoveries being too easy is often balanced out with ridiculous spikes in knockback. You don't get a cunt knocked far away enough at 90% but at 92% they are launched to the moon by a love tap. How are you supposed to get used to anything like that?
None of the clones have any of the fun stuff in them either. No satisfying meteor spikes like Ganon's/Cpt. Falcon's down air, no hype stuff like Rest, combos that feel more like Tekken juggles or SF links instead of the much more variable feeling of Smash that's more an in-between.
Just fucking copy Smash wholesale already and try to think up some fun characters with good moves.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 19, 2018 7:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:50 am
Bobito wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:05 am
The thing that piss me off in some dreams in some teasing with information that I want to know and always there is something covering it or someone not letting me see it, then you wake up and you have no idea what the fuck was that about.
I have something similar where I would sometimes dream about being an author or director, and the dream is about some elaborate story I've cooked up.
Then I wake up and can't remember shit about that story.

But the best possible dreams of all are waifu dreams. Amritie, guize?!

Anyone?
I have those dreams cept sometimes I do remember what I wrote or did and think it's pretty damn awesome but I'm too lazy to get up and write it down and forget by morning.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun May 20, 2018 1:05 am

Brawlhalla has always looked like shit. I remember seeing some gameplay of it and right away getting pissed off over how they handled their weapon system. It looks like dial-a-combo bullshit where every character plays the same or very similar.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 20, 2018 1:26 am

They really do feel the same. It's all for >muh balance and >muh competitive e-sports.
Toppest of cancers.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 20, 2018 9:15 am

Is that really their argument? Why not drop the pretense and offer only a single moveset? So balanced. Much competition.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette