What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:30 pm

Too bad, since the general premise seems to be pretty close. Though I assume the controls are very different, what with X-Men being mostly a console game, whereas Freedom Force has more RTS-like controls.

(Though I hope X-Men has plenty of knockback. I loved pushing or launching enemies to their doom in Freedom Force.)

And man, whoever wrote the original story of God Eater 2 is either a hack or a supreme shitposter. The ending is like literally from a Pretty Cure crossover movie. Let's hope the second part with the Rwby- and Gore-Magala-lookalikes is a bit less batshit.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:44 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:21 pm

The real repetitiveness starts when you notice they clearly don't have enough monster and area variety for the number of missions you're going to tackle. They could've probably ported over some more stuff from GE2 (if you'Re playing Resurrection that is, which came out after the last iteration of GE2), but that would've ruined muh precious continuity or something.
I started with resurrection and never fully got which version was supposed to be the last one or the best one. Since there are so many levels I dont think ill start 2 anytime soon. In fact resurrection has been put back into my backlog for quite some time now after putting 34 hours in. Some of it co-op and its really one of those co-op gems imo.

For the small price I paid I think its a very nice purchase and whoever said nothing here makes you want to play the game maybe you should do some more research outside of our post because its not a bad game. In fact I dont think there is one thing I dislike besides the horrible camera.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:01 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:30 pm
Too bad, since the general premise seems to be pretty close. Though I assume the controls are very different, what with X-Men being mostly a console game, whereas Freedom Force has more RTS-like controls.

(Though I hope X-Men has plenty of knockback. I loved pushing or launching enemies to their doom in Freedom Force.)

And man, whoever wrote the original story of God Eater 2 is either a hack or a supreme shitposter. The ending is like literally from a Pretty Cure crossover movie. Let's hope the second part with the Rwby- and Gore-Magala-lookalikes is a bit less batshit.
X-Men has more action game/diablo type controls. You can throw enemies around and punch them into stuff though. In fact, Marvel Ultimate Alliance has a grappling system where you can grab enemies and do different things to them while they're held.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 am

All I knew about G-d Eater was that one of the girls had a lot of lewds. They made an anime long after the second gayme came out and nobody cared, then production issues made them air the second half of the series six months later.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Not sure about the lewds (though that sounds like Alisa fanart or something), and the only thing I know about the anime is that it didn't even cover the entire plot of Vanilla GE1. It's not that big of a story, guize.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:01 am
X-Men has more action game/diablo type controls. You can throw enemies around and punch them into stuff though. In fact, Marvel Ultimate Alliance has a grappling system where you can grab enemies and do different things to them while they're held.
Neat. Can sufficiently strong heroes also use lamp posts as improvised weapons?
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:44 am
I started with resurrection and never fully got which version was supposed to be the last one or the best one. Since there are so many levels I dont think ill start 2 anytime soon. In fact resurrection has been put back into my backlog for quite some time now after putting 34 hours in. Some of it co-op and its really one of those co-op gems imo.

For the small price I paid I think its a very nice purchase and whoever said nothing here makes you want to play the game maybe you should do some more research outside of our post because its not a bad game. In fact I dont think there is one thing I dislike besides the horrible camera.
Resusrection is the last release so far and has more polish than GE2 Rage Burst, but is missing the monsters and arenas added in that game.
GE2 definitely feels fairer if you're more into melee stuff (because the guns got a bit nerfed more or less* and the Blood Arts deal a lot of damage), but if your game already comes with a crazy bullet editor, you might as well roll with it.

*) Assault Guns are fucking nuts in GE2 thanks to that Blood Bullet that causes your bullets to jump from one enemy to the next. I hope you like stunlocking monsters and watching the absurdly bright explosion effects from GE2 (every fucking bullet in GE2 explodes into a miniature sun for some reason).

And man, the camera. I'm glad you can set the distance in the options, 'cause the default is way too fucking close. And the target lock you can do with a melee weapon is a bit useless too me unless I feel like vomiting.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Marvel UA is the game with the weapons system. The gameplay in Ultimate Alliance is superior, but the rpg elements are nerfed. I think UA is also an overall easier game. But anyway yeah, you can steal weapons from enemies in that game and it's very, very OP to smash everything with axes and swords.

In case you all were wondering, Warriors of the Lost Empire is really fucking dope. It's like Vagrant Story meets Souls. Honestly, I struggle to think of how someone could have made a better soulslike type game for the PSP, given the limitations of the system and the fact the game most likely predates souls games.

I mean, you could call it 3d king's field but it's more limited and that's what a souls game is anyway. The world is very cool. It's clearly Roman in inspiration. Your playable characters are a highlander/gaul/breton/whatever, a gladiator, an assassin (bikini bitch) and archer. I've had the most fun with bikini bitch and gladiator dude.
RAPEMAN wrote:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Kings field was my very first ps1 game I played, I remember not being able to get 5 minutes into the game before becoming stuck and returning it
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Kings Field was such a pile of shit. I probably sunk 30 hours into it but never got anywhere. Back then you didn't have a choice but to play whatever you had around.
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Warriors of the Lost Empire even has something like an estus system. You get x amount of free items from the tutorial lady and you can replenish your supply every time you return to the hub. It's a lot of random stuff, but the key items are 3-4 healing items and 3-4 magic replenishing items. Each only heals around a third or so of your meter (it depends on your item mastery though.)

You can stack health items beyond that, but they take up weight in your inventory (a really nice touch) and they require you to barter away important crafting materials at the merchant. That reminds me, the merchant runs on a barter system, which makes everything you collect worthwhile. And I mean everything. Even shitty weapons can be broken down at the smith for crystal dust you can trade to the merchant.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Now this sounds intriguing.

While we're at the estus system: I've been wondering how a JRPG with that would look like. I mean, do you really need to hoard 80+ Hi-Potions? Especially if you won't even end up needing a quarter of that?
-Yours Truly