What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:39 am
I can make retarded statements without any base too.
Yeah, we know. That's basically all you ever do, lad. It's not just you being proven wrong, it's that there's never any need to because you barely ever have a point to begin with.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 am

So as someone without internet for games, am I going to be able to play any of this shit at home without having to download a ton of patches because they didn't bother programming a complete game before shipping to stores?

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:20 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 am
So as someone without internet for games, am I going to be able to play any of this shit at home without having to download a ton of patches because they didn't bother programming a complete game before shipping to stores?
If you had to ask that question then you should know the answer by now.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:39 am
I can make retarded statements without any base too.
Yeah, we know. That's basically all you ever do, lad. It's not just you being proven wrong, it's that there's never any need to because you barely ever have a point to begin with.
Wow not being able to out-argue someone who has no point sure says a lot about you lot then :lol:
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 am
You might get lucky if they release a "Game of the Year" edition in a few months that includes the patched version. Provided the actually put the entire game onto the disc.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:40 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:48 pm
Wow not being able to out-argue someone who has no point sure says a lot about you lot then :lol:
Nice try. Do your research better next time.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:31 am

Dammit is there really no other game like God Hand in the world? Martial arts horror manga are pretty common but video games in that style are rare. :(

God Hand and Ken's Rage seem to be about the only ones, and ken's rage isn't really horror. Just has gore in it.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:31 am
Dammit is there really no other game like God Hand in the world?
Yes. Madhouse may be worth a try, though.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:45 am

I ordered the jap version of Tench 3 Wrath of Heaven for PSP because why not. Also bought Tenchu Z. Y'know, xbox 360 had a few H I D D E N G E M S on it. I'm mostly thinking of Way of the Samurai 3, which was pretty great. I loved that game. I started playing Tenchu Z and it's fun too. Yeah it sucks that the missions are tiny now (not really, but it's 1 map per mission and the objectives are very simple and you can rush them if you want) and you're just a jobber taking orders from Rikimaru, but the character customization feels like a logical next step, especially when you add in the ability to buy skills and customize your character. Nothing like that was ever in Tenchu 3 and it feels natural. Your only choice in tenchu 3 was "wear the armor or don't" and how much you wanted to break the game by bringing items.

The new controls were shit. I had to completely remap them to resemble the old Tenchu 3 controls where triangle uses an item and r1 crouches. But the gameplay is still that great tenchu sneak-killing I love and it feels the same in that respect. I always liked From's total devotion to very traditional sounds and music for Tenchu.

Kugel thinks japanese music a shit, but I like the way the biwa sounds.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:57 am

I have a bit of a soft spot for Asian drums and string instruments myself.

Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette