What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:15 am

By comparison, I beat AC3 today and the game is pure gameplay 100% of the time. All cutscenes are skippable even if you've never seen them before. Because fuck it! No slow walking sections in old games!

20 hours to get a 2nd weapon in a beat em up game is the definition of ayyy lmao.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:33 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:15 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:03 am

That's because they had those shit tank controls.
>RE2, RE3 and RE4
>"shit controls"
>claiming tank controls are shit in general for survival horror

Get that ass banned.

You can like those shitty ass controls all you want. Doesn't mean they don't end up making the run through slow as fuck, which is what the post I quoted before was talking about.
I kinda disagree, at least in RE1,2,3,CV you could actually run, moving fast from one place to another. And controls never bothered me.

RE7 is really slow, even while "running", i never felt i was moving at a speed beyond "i just woke up and im still tired", my character did seem t give much of a fuck about the monsters trying o eviscerate him.

And even while moving at a snails pace, unskipable dialogue and checking everything, i completed it faster than any of the original games. I just think the maps where very small compared to the other games overall, this added to not having loading times between doors made completing the game a breeze.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Well, it's a modern first-person game. Those are slow by default. Even more so when they're "atmospheric".
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:15 am
By comparison, I beat AC3 today and the game is pure gameplay 100% of the time. All cutscenes are skippable even if you've never seen them before. Because fuck it! No slow walking sections in old games!

20 hours to get a 2nd weapon in a beat em up game is the definition of ayyy lmao.
AC3 cutscenes aren't even particularly long, and they just establish shit. What little plot and worldbuilding there is happens in the form of mails and mission briefings.

And I'll bet they'll release a DLC for klessik GoW weapons.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:16 am
Hmm, I'm getting fucked hard in AC3 and Silent Line. Time to jump into Last Raven completely fresh, which is supposed to be one of the hardest ones! Nothing can go wrong.
Isn't that the one where you can't save scum and sufficiently-damaged AC parts are straight-up destroyed? Sounds like loads of fun.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Dying light still remains the best zombie sorta game
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:38 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:22 pm
Well, it's a modern first-person game. Those are slow by default. Even more so when they're "atmospheric".
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:15 am

AC3 cutscenes aren't even particularly long, and they just establish shit. What little plot and worldbuilding there is happens in the form of mails and mission briefings.

And I'll bet they'll release a DLC for klessik GoW weapons.
rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:16 am
Hmm, I'm getting fucked hard in AC3 and Silent Line. Time to jump into Last Raven completely fresh, which is supposed to be one of the hardest ones! Nothing can go wrong.
Isn't that the one where you can't save scum and sufficiently-damaged AC parts are straight-up destroyed? Sounds like loads of fun.
Yeah, if a part gets damaged, you have to sell it and buy a new one. From really loves their player base. :lol: I think Last Raven has some other gameplay mechanics that only appeared in LR that were similarly hated. Something about the overheating mechanic working differently IIRC.

I beat AC3 and the game is fantastic. Imported my imperfect save into Silent Line. Damn, it makes such a difference when you import a save. It's like NG+ but with all new levels and stuff to do.

Also I guess I'll sperge a little about what mech I used to beat the game.

I used primarily two:

A guntank for difficult missions. It has the god-tier 500-series SMG, a left-hand howizter, a chain gun and a pulse cannon. The pulse cannon is for trash mobs. That + EO my turrets can take out anything short of an AC. The chain gun DECIMATES ACs and the howitzer is really strong too. The damage on the howitzer is comparable to a karasawa (a bit less but no energy drain) and it has 50 shots by default. The SMG works really well for super fast ACs. My lock on field covers almost the entire screen with it equipped.

My 2nd mech is for missions where I don't want to spend money. I use a hover legs with a pulse gun, EO turret, laser wave blade and backup missiles. Trash mobs go down in one hit from the laser blade and the turret shreds them too. This mech is great for clearing out missions fast, but struggles against ACs.
RAPEMAN wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:58 pm

AFAIK they changed the heat mechanic (and the controls and other smaller stuff) starting with Nexus, though it took them a bit to iron out the changes. Last Raven is the last refinement of that, for better or worse.

And starting Silent Line with all your old stuff is fun. Though I'm currently forcing myself to stick to the cheaper parts since I fear the early missions don't have high enough rewards to make up for the higher repair costs you get from endgame parts.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Anyone playing or knows someone playing Yakuza 6? Is it decent, no spoilers?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:12 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:58 pm
AFAIK they changed the heat mechanic (and the controls and other smaller stuff) starting with Nexus, though it took them a bit to iron out the changes. Last Raven is the last refinement of that, for better or worse.

And starting Silent Line with all your old stuff is fun. Though I'm currently forcing myself to stick to the cheaper parts since I fear the early missions don't have high enough rewards to make up for the higher repair costs you get from endgame parts.
That's a good point. If you're using energy weapons to save on ammo though, it honestly shouldn't be too bad.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:45 am

Toodles wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:41 pm
I'm playing Tomb Raider Unfinished Business.
Interesting taste. I could never really get into the oldest Tomb Raiders, but at some point I want to play at least the newer ones (before the Uncharted Lara revival), at least I've played the demo of the TR2 remake and it was nice, but it's fan made and the guy may or may not finish it in next 10 years.

RE1 remake will remain the best Resident Evil for me. At least until the RE2 remake will finally arrive, but I don't know what they're doing with it, we haven't seen anything yet and it's starting to sound more like it's going through development hell. They've been teasing it for like 3 years now.

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:09 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:12 am
That's a good point. If you're using energy weapons to save on ammo though, it honestly shouldn't be too bad.
I'm just a bit careful, but I should start going more high-end soon. That EO core with the truckloads of optional parts slots is just too sexy.
-Yours Truly