What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Re: What are you playing?

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Been super into Pokemon Crystal on the virtual console. The definitive version of pokemon.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Auli

Post by Auli » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:35 am

CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:47 pm
Been super into Pokemon Crystal on the virtual console. The definitive version of pokemon.
I had so fucking many hours in that.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:38 am

I had hours in Silver for game boy until the battery save died one day. RIP all my duped and cloned amazing shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:13 pm

PS3 finally died so I dug up the Wii and powered through some NFS: Most Wanted. So fun.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 am

I have a theory that ps3 games will be expensive in 5 more years because emulating them is next to impossible. Buy what you want while it's cheap
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:34 am

It's even better because the ps3 is region-free. One of my favorite games on ps3 is a japan-only gundam vidya gaem. You can buy import ps3 games almost as cheaply as import PSP games. They'll direct ship that shit to your door for between $10-25.

The ps3 occupies the same position as the 360 for me, where it has a lot of "modern" (ish) games on it that I still continue to play. NEEEEEXXXXXXT GEENNNNNNN has been a huge disappointment. xbone and pisspoor have very few "must play" titles at present. And the indie shit is all available on PC for less money.

PS3 and Xbox 360 were the last truly great consoles. PS4 might eventually be worth something if we get another 8 or so years of games for the system. XBoners will be microsoft's dreamcast.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 am

mad bum wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 am
I have a theory that ps3 games will be expensive in 5 more years because emulating them is next to impossible. Buy what you want while it's cheap
Along with Tictac bringing up that being region free will mitigate that big time, one thing Ian from Pat's shitty podcast brought up once was that the PS2 gen and onwards likely won't have the insane price rises we have seen with retro games due to the fact that gaming became mainstream during this time period so the supply of them won't be an issue. With eBay being a thing during that time period people wouldn't have just chucked out old games or pawned them off to some shop who probably chucked the shit that didn't sell, the old games probably got into the hands of other people.

Also, Nintendo autism is a big driver of insane retro prices. If you look at non-Nintendo systems the prices are no where near as bad. Sega's stuff goes for a whole lot cheaper on average and in the PS3 era you aren't going to have people buy things out of child-like nostalgia since games were marketed to older people and kids played shit like COD anyway so the online won't work.

They'll go up a bit in price after people clear out their old collections, but not by much.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 am

I think some niche games like obscure PS2 JRPG's could go for a high price on eGay. Not all of them of course but I've known a few autistic collectors with an interest in the PSDouble before.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Only exclusives, and from those only the good ones, may fetch regular new game price eventually. Everything else isn't going to be expensive. So that leaves us with how many games? Ten at best?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:06 am
I think some niche games like obscure PS2 JRPG's could go for a high price on eGay. Not all of them of course but I've known a few autistic collectors with an interest in the PSDouble before.
What you're not understanding is that was true even when I was a kid. PS2 JPRGs and JRPGs in general always cost more, especially if the printing was limited due to projected niche sales.

That still holds true today, pretty much across all systems. Especially so if the game received universal acclaim.

Even so, some games DID get another printing (Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, as well as SMT 3) and this lowered their value significantly.
RAPEMAN wrote: