What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: What are you playing?

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:06 am

The best stupid animu licensed fightan games not made by arksys were probably the shitty Clash of Ninja games (they had a tekken-like gameplay style) and maybe gundam battle universe 2.

Budokai 3 and its derivatives were pretty solid too as spectacle fighters. They had enough going on that they weren't completely mindless, unlike the tenkaichi games. I also like Super DBZ.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:29 am

ive put in 30 hours with Pathfinder Kingmaker now and its still an amazing experience.

I cant even tell why in detail because it would spoil a lot but its impressive how many of your actions lead to something either good or bad. Why cant more games have actual consequences for your choices??

Im already thinking about future playthroughs, what would being an evil baron be like and how do you manage such a kingdom where you pick the chaotic or evil options yet still make the barony a succes.
Or even accepting other gods to be worshipped which my paladin doesnt allow, there is only one true god duh :P

Ive also read some things that you can get other races to be your vassal or join your kingdom but my pala doesnt accept creatures who've always been targetting or eating humans.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:32 pm
Ive noticed a new tactic by devs in their promotional style (aka shilling, buying reviews style).

Usually I could get some entertainment hearing people shit on a game I think is horrible but is hyped by the mainstream fags. So I usually search "game x sucks" and find a review hammering the game.

It seems EA, and some others, are getting hip to this. Now if you youtube apex legends sucks, tons of results will be things like: watch us suck at apex legends, apex legends is a great game but I suck, apex legends sucks up all my time etc etc.
I've noticed the exact same thing not only with big publisher games but also lesser known games. Seems like YT loves to push those. Could also, at least in part, have to do with YT not promoting videos containing curse words anymore. It's eerie as fuck, that's for sure.

On topic:
I'm back to Dungeon Crawl. I want to try to win this year because I never did. I've got a promising MinBe run going on right now but I've also started a Gnoll Wizard run for fun and I've gotten surprisingly far. I got through Dungeon no problem, cleared Lair with a few hairy moments but used my items right with lots of room for improvement. I died in Orcish Mines, mostly thanks to my own scroll of immolation.
I had two rings of fire resistance but switching to them was no option since I was of Ashenzari and fully bound with two rings of magical power.
I'll attempt that run again for sure. It easily took four times as long to clear up to Lair than a Minotaur Berserker would've taken but it was a lot of fun and I think I've learned a lot.

Gnoll of Ashenzari is stronk as fuck for sure. No training needed because you train everything at once. You circumvent the mediocrity by chosing a good starting class for a boost early on and then just reap the benefits of being better than a focussed class all game long. Ashenzari provides further strong boosts if you're bound. Really nice to have emergency options like really effective wands thanks to 10 in Evocations, despite never having trained it.

I think I'll mess around with Gnoll a bit more, next time going for a Skald. Gnoll is fantastic for just trying stuff out because you can just go for whatever the dungeon gives you and be competent at it with your class. Find something great? You can use it right away. Real nice, actually.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 am
I have yet to figure out how to play emulators on my tv. It's more comfy to be a console pleb.

Replacements aren't too expensive tbh. For now though, all my (((mainstream))) consoles are dead, so I'm gonna be last-gen gaming on a gamecube or ps2 if I want to play on console at all.
Make sure to digitally output video/audio with things like HDMI (or whatever connector type your PC supports, just avoid S-Video or things like that), check out a beginner guide and you're set to go. There is no way back.

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 am
On topic:
I'm back to Dungeon Crawl. I want to try to win this year because I never did.
If you're considering going extended, I recommend VsFi^Oka/Trog or VsBe.
Vine stalker looks lame on paper but they become utterly ridiculous mid game because of anti-magic aux attack and stupendously fast HP regen. MiBe would still be one of the best for 3 rune game though.

Spell canters are fun and some classes like EE seems strong but I never had any success with them. I'm so used to fighter types it's impossible to play them properly. Sad.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:06 am
The best stupid animu licensed fightan games not made by arksys were probably the shitty Clash of Ninja games (they had a tekken-like gameplay style) and maybe gundam battle universe 2.
My bet's on those Ninja Storm games. That seems to be a bigger sub-franchise, and it has even less to do with a real fighting game.

(Though that didn't try to stop the developers from wanting to build a "competitive" scene...)
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:29 am
Or even accepting other gods to be worshipped which my paladin doesnt allow, there is only one true god duh :P
ACTUAL LEE, monotheism isn't really a thing in the setting because there have been like at least 3 cases of muggles turning into gods. There's also a literal spider god imprisoned deep in the planet.

And do Paladins even get to chose a patron god in this game? The default Pathfinder/D&D Paladin more or less directly serves everyone not too far away from Lawful Good.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:06 am
My bet's on those Ninja Storm games. That seems to be a bigger sub-franchise, and it has even less to do with a real fighting game.

(Though that didn't try to stop the developers from wanting to build a "competitive" scene...)
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:29 am
ACTUAL LEE, monotheism isn't really a thing in the setting because there have been like at least 3 cases of muggles turning into gods. There's also a literal spider god imprisoned deep in the planet.

And do Paladins even get to chose a patron god in this game? The default Pathfinder/D&D Paladin more or less directly serves everyone not too far away from Lawful Good.
Yes I had to choose a main god.
Deity Selection
A deity, also known as a god or goddess, is a being or force of incredible power capable of granting its power to mortal beings through divine magic. A deity is strongly associated with a specific alignment, several domains, and a plane (typically an Outer Sphere plane).

My view is more from me personally since the first other religion I encountered was of the stag god, aka pan aka satan. Yeah yeah im nuts I know but still my holy paladin isnt going to allow that demon goat to be worshipped.

Then again I went with:
Sarenrae
Known to her faithful as the "Dawnflower", "The Healing Light", and "The Everlight", Sarenrae is a goddess who teaches temperance and patience in all things. Compassion and peace are her greatest virtues, and if enemies of the faith can be redeemed, they should be. Worship of this goddess of healing, honesty, redemption, and the sun began far to the east of the Inner Sea, in the vast Padishah Empire of Kelesh, but her worshipers can now be found throughout the world.

A female god is asking for trouble lol, but at least it fits my style. Redemption in my eyes is converting to the true god instead of sticking to your evil false god. I spared some koboldking who swore to never attack humans again though.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Weird how the deity selection for Paladins is the standard in this game. Though I guess it beats having a vague and unspecified source of divine magic.

Also your talk about "one true god" makes a lot of sense considering Sarenrae looks a bit like a not-Muslim. Or maybe she just has a more realistic skin-tone for an Archon, who knows.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:10 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 am
If you're considering going extended, I recommend VsFi^Oka/Trog or VsBe.
Vine stalker looks lame on paper but they become utterly ridiculous mid game because of anti-magic aux attack and stupendously fast HP regen. MiBe would still be one of the best for 3 rune game though.

Spell canters are fun and some classes like EE seems strong but I never had any success with them. I'm so used to fighter types it's impossible to play them properly. Sad.
Vine Stalker is a good idea. A Vs stabber was my most successful character years and years ago and I haven't played one since.
Why would one ever start Fighter and then go Trog? That's what Berserker is for. That potion of might and better equipment at the start hardly matters.

Incidentally, I just got my MiBe killed that I had parked at lvl 15 post Lair/Orc. Went to Shoals, was stronk as fuck. Got shafted from level 2 to 3, really surrounded. Whatever, call Brother in Arms, Trog's Hand, Berserk. STRONK AS FUCK! Fully surrounded by 7 Merfolk and a snek. All is fine, I whip the bitches.
Suddenly, there's a Zot Trap. Stupid Merfolk idiot steps on it. Get hit by poison explosion or whatever for a cool 80 damage.
Thanks for the trap rework, devs! Fuck you very much, really.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:10 am

I forgot how good Otogi 1 and 2 are. They were made by From and only released on original xbox. It's another case of a game like Stranger's Wrath that really is as good as the hype. Difference is SWrath got ported to a bunch of consoles, so now you can actually play it. Otogi is still impossible to play unless you pirate or game on og xbox.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:58 am

I remember that game! Think it was one of my first xbox games too.
Didnt play it too much since I got lost in other titles but now I see it again it reminds me of Nioh in a way.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine