What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Dat wall-jump action.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:05 pm

X4 is where it's at.

These......seem to be energy resources

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Doctor Wight!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 am

Been playing some rimworld, its weird how I hate the game yet burn many hours just trying to decide if its worth my time or not. Some real cheap shit happens all the time which drives me crazy but then just when Im about to ragequit the crisis seems over and I start wondering if I can get the colony back on track.
Wouldnt recommend spending money on it but it kills some hours if you jack sparrow it.

Randomly saw a post on the internet saying disgaea 5 is coming to pc next week, might pick that up if I find a good discount or perhaps sail the seas to decide if I like it or not. Played 1 and 2 but never got too far in them because of bad level progression forcing me to grind older levels too much. Maybe if 5 fixes that issue Ill enjoy it more.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 am

Yeah, they're essentially skipping potential ports for Disgaea 3 and 4, it seems.

And afaik all NI games are grindy, and Disgaea games just keep adding in character customization options. They have a like a new type of Item World where you go inside one of your characters to beef him up and equippable passive abilities gained from the classes you've previously been.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:54 pm

I dont mind grinding when its done right and at a good pace. I hate roflstomping 5 stages in a row and then suddenly hit a wall where my chars are 1 hit ko'd and im required to grind for several levels to stand a chance which happened to me in 1 and 2.

If its more incremental it gets less boring.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:17 pm

1 had some noticable enemy level spikes. Didn't really recall that happening with 2, though I did plenty of grinding for the lulz there.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Man, I think I just found the bane of my existence in the Megaman Multiverse: ToadMan.EXE from Battle Network 2.

So this fucker insta-teleports between the top and bottom row whenever you try to line up with him, so slower attacks are right outside the question unless you have one that travels slowly enough to have him teleport into it. This requires some good timing since he's teleporting between two lilypads that keep floating from left to right (which also means you can't ever stop him from moving since he's never in contact with the actual grid).

He attacks with some weird musical notes that are hard to see and even harder to dodge since they're fast and homing. Getting hit stuns you, and you have to move up and down the instant you gain control again since that's the moment ToadMan teleports right in your face for a bitchslap. Re-matches have him do bitchslaps whenever he feels like it. And he almost immediately teleports back after the slap, making it hard to counter.

To top it all off the lilypads shoot out projectiles on their own at seemingly random intervalls, making the top and bottom rows danger zones and resulting in situations where you can't actually dodge without getting hit by something.

The first two fights are somewhat manageable, but dude cranks up his speed and damage output to 11 with his final V3 version. So you have a boss character who you have to desparately try to hit while he bombards you with random shit that hits like a truck. If you don't get some sick combos in the first 3 rounds your're ass is probably grass.

Thank God this guy is just optional.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 pm

I know I played battle network 2 and got to the last boss, but it was so long ago.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:30 am

I played a bit of Project Warlock. So far, it's good. Not hype as fuck as Dusk but pretty good.
I have to agree with the GGGman review that it plays like a mix between Hexen and Doom but more towards Hexen.
The music is very hit and miss, I find. I'm most of the way through Episode 1 and I'm still kinda waiting for the game to pick up the pace a bit. I'm still being bothered with weak-ass trash monsters like spiders and bats.
I like the weapon upgrade system so far. Every weapon can get upgraded once in one of two ways. Upgrading the pistol to a fat magnum was totally worth it.

I may like it up until this point a bit better than Amid Evil but I've not played a lot of either of them.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!