Evo

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Evo

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:15 am

I saw that already and it was hype. Seeing Majin win feels really good. Like I said, he's been around since T6 at least, so it's a lot like when Qudans came back to win it all with Devil Jin and suddenly the whole meta of the game changed around that. People always knew Devil Jin was the best Mishima (because he has always been,) but I didn't see D. Jins at tournaments for Tekken 7 much until Qudans. It was all Jack and Dragunov in early T7.

I wonder if Majin winning will cause a bunch of tryhards to jump over to King, lol. But Evo 2018 was super hype for a lot of reasons with regard to Tekken 7. A Panda player made top 8 and maybe top 4 IIRC. Book made top 8 with Jin, my backup main (for when Armor King is not available.) Most of the faggot Jack players were eliminated before Top 8 and only JDCR was using Dragunov in top 8.

Overall, breddy amazing Tekken Evo. Can't complain at all. No Lili, No Bob, No Lars in the meta anywhere. Most of the characters in Top 8 (even Top 16) were not faggot characters.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:19 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:15 am
I saw that already and it was hype. Seeing Majin win feels really good. Like I said, he's been around since T6 at least, so it's a lot like when Qudans came back to win it all with Devil Jin and suddenly the whole meta of the game changed around that. People always knew Devil Jin was the best Mishima (because he has always been,) but I didn't see D. Jins at tournaments for Tekken 7 much until Qudans. It was all Jack and Dragunov in early T7.

I wonder if Majin winning will cause a bunch of tryhards to jump over to King, lol. But Evo 2018 was super hype for a lot of reasons with regard to Tekken 7. A Panda player made top 8 and maybe top 4 IIRC. Book made top 8 with Jin, my backup main (for when Armor King is not available.) Most of the faggot Jack players were eliminated before Top 8 and only JDCR was using Dragunov in top 8.

Overall, breddy amazing Tekken Evo. Can't complain at all. No Lili, No Bob, No Lars in the meta anywhere. Most of the characters in Top 8 (even Top 16) were not faggot characters.
I have been playing King since Tekken 3, its nice to see a King player doing ok with him!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Tekken 7 Evo was really cool. The whole Jack tryhard shit only came about because Saint won everything with him. Before that, Jack was considered shit. I don't see people replicating that with King because Majin plays King a bit unorthodox. Very nice use of unblockables, pretty rare for him to go with the normalfag bred and butter stuff.
I've watched pools as well and he RDC'd somebody, which was pretty cool as well. When he figured out the other guy can't into grab breaks I knew what he'd do and when he started the grab string I was literally shouting "YES! DO IT TO HIM!" at the screen. He just fucking had to. They both knew, the commentators knew, the croud knew. It had to be done. :lol:

Soul Calibur had some funny moments but I'm just not feeling that game. I'll likely watch the Smash shit next.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Soul Cal isn't going to be as good as SC2, so I don't care about it. Tekken 7 is the only hype game I'm following. I guess Ultra SF IV, but that's a side tourney game. Likewise Central Fiction will probably get kicked out for the cross tag bullshit that I have no interest in.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:52 pm

I won't ever watch even a second of SF4. It may not be the worst SF ever anymore but it's still not good and still not entertaining to watch.
rabidtictac wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:21 pm
Soul Cal isn't going to be as good as SC2, so I don't care about it.
That pretty much sums up every Soul Cal since 2.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:33 pm

I've watched DBZfitan but not until the end. I can't stand that SonicFox furfag and I don't need to watch him win Evo.
Some matches were good but all in all there was very little hype stuff. Many matches were very one-sided.

Watched Smash 4 and what a fucking travesty that was. A really sad sendoff for that game. Bayonetta is broken as fuck and we got a final match between two nobodies both playing Bayo, giggling like faggots and stalling intentionally so long the tournament organiser had to walk on stage with a laptop and show them the rules that they may not stall. The two faggots were friends, it seems.
I guess that's what you get when you have an OP character and most of the pros don't even come to compete.
There were some hype matches before, though. You don't get to see somebody playing Duck Hunt every day.

I'm currently watching Melee pools and it's already the second best experience after T7.
I won't watch SFV, Itsjustass 2 or whatever weebshit animu crap made it this year. I just don't care for those. I'll go see if there has been some side tournament recorded I'd care for.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Really stupid Evo n00b question: Couldn't they ban Bayo? They did that with Meta-Knight in the last Smash or something, right?

Oh wait, Bayo's a DLC character...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:11 pm

I think the bayo ban gets brought up, but never actually gets commited. Smash 4 is dead as shit though and will be downgraded to side show.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:19 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:03 pm
Really stupid Evo n00b question: Couldn't they ban Bayo? They did that with Meta-Knight in the last Smash or something, right?
EVO goes with the generally accepted community rulings on anything that doesn't directly concern tournament structure. Banning Bayo, which should've happened almost two years ago, was never agreed upon by the faggot community so she's legal at EVO as well.
There's not much discussion even on Smashboards about a possible ban because:
mad bum wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:11 pm
I think the bayo ban gets brought up, but never actually gets commited. Smash 4 is dead as shit though and will be downgraded to side show.
Not even. Sm4sh will guaranteed be completely dead once Ultimate comes out. No side tournament, no nothing.
Being too afraid to make strong decisions in banning or going with the Nip model of "soft" bans killed two Smash titles now. Metaknight was banned much too late, which caused Brawl being dead much sooner that even that shitshow would've died.
This Bayo shit made it blatantly obvious that no ban on her was a mistake as well. Tournament participation getting lower and lower since her non-nerf and the announcement that no further patches would come should've clued the faggots in.
Now, people should understand but by now it doesn't matter anyway. What matters is if she's broken in Ultimate.

The most broken character in fitan history is likely Akuma back in SF2 when he was basically a playable boss character. He was banned in the West, but not in Japan. Japan doesn't ban. They instead go with "soft" bans based on an honour system.
Nothing would stop you from actually going with Akuma back then in Japan. Nothing but everyone thinking you're a total piece of shit, can go suck a dick, give you negative respect for the win and never ever allowing you into a tournament anymore.
The best part of EVO 2018 was Raito owning people with Duck Hunt. Listen to the crowd, see who they wanted to see win. Everyone was rooting for him. To me and many others, he's just about as good as having actually won EVO.
The west is thinking the same thing but, as usual, being dumb faggots about it. Nobody but cocksuckers that need execution ASAP think either of those two literal faggots deserved the win. The crowd certainly didn't think so and many people just straight up walked out. Any reasonable community would've banned Bayo for hurting the game and banned the two shitheads in the GF for the same reason. But this is the west. We're too pussy and too dumb to do so. We're the guys that were fine with Sentinel being completely necessary in MvC. We're the faggots that will argue to adapt to broken shit that's killing games. We're too much of faggots to consequentially disrespect and bully the shit out of anyone using utterly broken shit to not use it.

If you ever wonder why Asia will always be dominant in fitan that matters, that's a big part of it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:42 am

There's nothing wrong with banning characters. I think 3S tournaments would be greatly improved by banning Chun, Yun and shippu Ken.

Likewise SF Ultra IV tournaments would be really interesting if they banned Evil Ryu, Yun and Elena. I feel like everyone else has a place and is reasonable, but those 3 are very clearly at the top in a way that feels a little too much. Elena for reasons we already discussed. Yun because he's just too strong overall (I don't play him so I don't know how to describe all the bullshit combos he has) and E. Ryu because he makes all other shotos obsolete. His hp is too high for what he gets. He just isn't balanced. Akuma is E. Ryu with slightly better balance and Seth is E. Ryu with even better balance than that. If you want to give a bunch of tools, you need to balance somehow.

I have no idea how they would balance SFV because I hear the game is just a mess. It sounds to me like what crapcom should be doing is buffing the shit out of all the bottom tier characters before doing anything else.
RAPEMAN wrote: