MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: MonHun

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:14 pm

https://rise.pixelweberei.ch

Some datamined info. The short of it is that one silkbug move is fixed, one can be switched out for another one. So a bit like Hunter Arts from GenU.

The other thing is that you can alter two moves of the weapon, kind of like a hunting style light.
We'll see if more moves and arts will be swappable but that's what can be gathered from the current data.
I like that the idea of arts and styles wasn't completely abandoned.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:53 pm

I see they're copying from God Eater again.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 pm

Better well stolen than badly invented.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:43 pm

Quite honestly, the more I hear about Rise, the worse it looks.
I'm afraid it's going to be another World/Trashborn of casualizing the shit out of it and missing the point.

The new weapon upgrade system is supposedly going to require less parts so you can easier switch to other weapons without having to grind too much.
Sounds neat at first but I am very concerned. In my opinion, the decoration and skill rework was the worst change World brought. Endgame devolved into farming random decos, which is boring and stupid. It was required because the game was otherwise just plain too easy, which is also why it needed an endgame with bullshit difficulty monsters.

Let me elaborate.
If making weapons is too easy and decos aren't something you can actively go get specific things for, you run out of a shopping list of what to do too easily. Thus you need to make an endgame that isn't focussed on you just wanting certain things because you feel like it and having long term goals you set yourself.
Farming a monster for random decos pretty much unrelated to the monster itself is a lot different to doing so because you just want a full set of armour from it.
Having weapons require far less parts just means you have even less incentive to grind certain monsters for a good reason and you'll rush even quicker to the endgame and thus you will have to be presented with a challenge that is just artificially difficult to give you something to do.

Mainline is getting the Frontier treatment and I don't like it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:10 am

I think the goal of newer monster hunter games is to make endgame easier to reach and to streamline the grind as much as possible. I realize some of the drop rates in old monhun were just evil, but the grind is a big part of the appeal of monhun.

One thing that has always helped me be encouraged to keep playing is when the game throws a ton of different hunting missions at me. It doesn't matter to me if there are 2 different quests to hunt the same monster. Maybe one has a 50 minute timer and the other has a 25 minute timer, and you hunt on different maps. Shit like that. And obviously, the more monsters are in the game, the more variations can appear in maps together.

Put simply, one way to make the grind more bearable, in my opinion, is for the devs to use the same monsters more frequently, so that a casual player might get more parts from each individual beast than they otherwise would. Passing every mission has rarely been required and need not be, but having those extra missions available gives players something to do that seems "new" to them. In the process of completing extra missions, they'll "grind" almost accidentally on certain monsters and end up with enough parts to make new weapons and/or armor sets without much extra effort.

Making pickaxes infinite, scatternuts a free power-up and limiting the number of missions is the wrong way to take the franchise. But it's understandable they want to do that to grab an even larger share of the market. Capcom doesn't want only monhun fans playing monhun. They want ubisoft, call of dooty and gta audiences playing monhun too.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 am

How long till they release a multi-player mode where one player controls the monster, I wonder... :thinking:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:42 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 am
How long till they release a multi-player mode where one player controls the monster, I wonder... :thinking:
Don't give them ideas!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:31 pm

I don't have to give them this idea. There was already some online shooter that did this. Apex, I think.
Sure, it failed, but still. Imagine being a Plesioth, hearing the cries of impotent rage as shooter kiddies whine about your broken hitbox.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:19 pm

Do you mean Evolve?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 am

You're right. I keep confusing these generic one word titles.
-Yours Truly