MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: MonHun

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:40 pm

He is a troll for people who think he's "just" a tougher Kut-Ku. God I hated farming his bits :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:44 pm

He was just a tougher kut ku who flew around more in 2nd Gen. But they gave him a ton of new moves for the newer games and made him much faster in Gen. Only advice I can give Kugel is to block more, since the charge blade probably isn't fast enough to dodge everything he can do. And I don't know about you, but I always have that evasion art equipped and I wait until I'm stuck in a corner or about to be death combo'd to use that one so I don't die. It's a lifesaver.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:51 am

I have just forgotten how to fight him and was either blocking too early or too late. I could've kept blocking or used the block point of the charge strike.
2nd gen he was toned down from 1st gen. In first gen the first time you fight him he's got elder dragon mechanics.

I'll go and take a look if there's something I want to build out of him. If so I'll farm him to get back into things. Last fuckhead that annoyed me was the Shogun Cenataur and I have since made a GS, gunner armour, a HBG and a full palico set out of him. If you get your ass beat it's due to unfamiliarity and you'll need to beat the monster into the dirt a couple of times. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:17 pm

Current shopping list for weekend hunting: High rank ores, Cephalos, Nibblesnarf and LR-Teostra for parts, Glavenus for cat skills.
I'm in the process of upgrading all my HBGs to the point of needing hyper variant parts.
I'm also cleaning up remaining Low Rank missions. Besides prowler missions I've got almost of of them done in village but I'll need to clear quite some more in the hub. A couple of them unlock arts and quest lines and I want to get all of them out of the way before I focus on hunting hyper variants. Should be easy enough to plough through those with HR equipment.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:35 pm

I haven't hunted Glavenus enough to be comfortable around him. I still find a lot of his attacks rather annoying and I don't like how much he can back up and how fast he does it.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:32 am

Well, I haven't hunted him for almost a year so I'll see how that works out for me. :lol:

I've beaten all Low Rank Village quests now, except for a few prowler ones, and got four more quests. They are all advanced so technically they are High Rank. All of them are arena quests and they look like they are going to be a challenge!
Might is Right: Rathalos, Yian Garuga, Tigrex, Nargacuga and Zinogre.
State in Flux: Blangonga, Lagiacrus, Brachydios, Gore Magala and Seregios
Wrath of Rath: Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian.
Out of the Fry Pan: Deviljho, Tigrex and Nargacuga.

Keep in mind that in arena quests there are always two monsters in the arena at all times. There's a fence that you can frequently raise to separate them but that's much easier said than done. If you fuck up and gate yourself off with both monsters you now have even less space.
None of the combinations above sound appealing to me. It also seems like they don't unlock anything, except for the first two quests, which unlock The Field's a Stage, another Arena hunt with a Gammoth, Mizutsune, Astalos and a Glavenus.

But hey, it's been a long time since I've really gotten my shit kicked in!
Sure, some monsters annoyed me like that Shogun but then I've farmed the shit out of him and am really comfortable. Or Kushala Daora and Teostra (checked off from my shopping list now) because they are elder dragon pieces of shit and thus zone all the fucking time, making you traverse at least two zones. Or that Yian Garuga that whipped me around like a bitch, which was more annoying and me being disappointed with myself because it's not like he'd hurt me badly in my Seltas lvl4 armour.
But this seems like shit I could get triple carted by.

I'll decide tomorrow how I will tackle those quests. For now I'm thinking:
Jho, Tigrex and Narga - CB
S Rath and G Rath - HBG
Rath, Yian, Tigger, Narga, Zino - GL
Blang, Laggi, Brachi, Gore, Seregios - GL
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Alright, fuck that shit!
Tried the double Rath mission. lvl4 High Rank Gravios armour, armour charm and ironskin pill - Rathian hitting me with her tail deletes HALF MY LIFE! Fuck that! I won't return to those missions until I have good G-Rank gear. That shit is absolutely ridiculous. At first I went in with gunner gear and got two-shot as well.
I'm not dealing with that. You can't prevent getting hit against a Gold Rathian and a Silver Rathalos. Even with the fence raised the fucking Rathian screamed and caused me to get fireballed by the Rathalos. No thanks!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 pm
Alright, fuck that shit!
Tried the double Rath mission. lvl4 High Rank Gravios armour, armour charm and ironskin pill - Rathian hitting me with her tail deletes HALF MY LIFE! Fuck that! I won't return to those missions until I have good G-Rank gear. That shit is absolutely ridiculous. At first I went in with gunner gear and got two-shot as well.
I'm not dealing with that. You can't prevent getting hit against a Gold Rathian and a Silver Rathalos. Even with the fence raised the fucking Rathian screamed and caused me to get fireballed by the Rathalos. No thanks!
Sounds like scrub talk, but ok bro.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:07 pm

No items.
Prowler only.
Final Destination.
SpoilerShow
The joke is that Prowlers can't use items.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Get some nice fire resistance armor.
RAPEMAN wrote: