MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: MonHun

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:09 pm

Edit: Actually, the weapons need only two carapaces. Seeing how easy it is to get only one or zero per hunt for the supposedly super common drop that's still unacceptable odds.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:21 am

After completing my armor set, stun charm and nergigante weapon Teostra went from being a huge asshole to a giant pussy lol, he might just be the easiest elder dragon now.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:27 am

Just beat the final boss. Just a piece of advice: spam the carve button because I got booted out of the quest on either the last carve or even before I was done carving.

Also unskippable end credits in 2018 lol fucking japs.

Btw this game really is too easy, I had slight problems with only 2 or 3 monsters including the bosses and that was only because I rushed in undergeared. Hopefully next game will be a bit more hardcore now they used this easy version to get people interested on pc.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:32 am

You sure there's not postgame stuff with harder shit? That's how MonHun usually goes. Unless you mean the final final boss.

And did the unskippable credits at least feature a cute waifu J-Pop song like in MHGen?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 am

Oh there is more like tempered monsters and freeLC coming but I doubt anything in that will be very hard either.

Even if they finally are a challenge its beyond retarded to have the first 90 hours be this easy. And this is my first monster hunter game too, Im assuming veteran MH players play this game with their eyes closed.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:06 pm

As I said, we have been spoiled in the past with having to wait but getting the final version of the game with G-Rank.
I'm also in the post game right now. I'm currently working on the limited bounty hunting some Diablos and working off the optional quests of which I didn't do most yet.
Well, that's High Rank for you. One or two monsters may give you some trouble but overall it's nothing that'll kick your ass. That's what G-Rank is for. I didn't find the two tempered Beetlejuice too hard either. They mostly kicked each other's asses as well.
I still didn't encounter a Jho and haven't fought Kulve either.
For an actual challenge, I'm thinking that some of the weeklies may be good for that. I'm pondering if I'll get Doubberu Curossu for the Switch. Would be a nice thing to have on the go but then again Smash is so near.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:36 pm

Will we even get g-rank though?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:34 pm

They'll definitely provide that as DLC.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 am

That will absolutely come. It came for every MonHun, usually a year or so after release.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:13 pm

We've never NOT gotten G-Rank. We will get it.

I'm not as far as you guys because I took a break from the game, but for those saying the game is too easy, I definitely agree. I think it's a combination of better controls, better camera, tighter hitboxes, the slinger's utility, the ease of crafting and monsters having more down time in fights. I won't say I never struggled because I mentioned a few dudes a while back who gave me a hard time the first time. But I don't think I triple carted on any monster yet in the game and I am in high rank, although I don't remember where I'm at. The game is just way too nice to players, which is probably a good thing for the first monhun on a "mainstream" console. I mean, you pick herbs and they automatically convert to potions, which is just unheard-of convenience in the middle of a fight. You can grab scatternuts off the ground and stunlock monsters with them. The frogs give you free stun traps.

I mean, sheeeeit nigga. A lot of this is stuff you had to carefully craft at your own expense in freedom unite. I assume it was the same in 3U and 4U.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome