MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: MonHun

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Good ol Jho used to be a terror in MonHun 3U. He could barge in at random in any hunt from High Rank onward.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:45 pm

DevilJo? Moar like DevilNo. I think I never noped out harder out of an area in 4U.

(So that flying squirrel elephant sloth guy came close when he was a random guild quest encounter before I got properly introduced to him. Though that was less because he's dangerous and more that I didn't expect some weird mammal to come swooping after me like a deranged bat.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:31 am

I know I complained this game was too easy and wanted some harder content but the jump from what we had to tempered Deviljho is insane...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:17 am

Might as well start using this thread again so the Nintentard thread can be Mad Bum's buyer's remorse thread again.

I'm cleaning up some L-Rank prowler missions. Currently on a goldenfish one. Real great to not be able to use lures and having to rely on the 5% spawn rate. Only one to go but I had to pause for a moment.

Edit: To what ASS was last complaining about: World got really weird. The lack of actual difficulty and way too many free traps and such led to something I feared would happen -bullshit difficulty.
Looking at the stupid tenderize mechanic they introduced with Iceborn, I see no reason to return any time soon.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:27 am

I'm getting ready to farm high rank tetsu set in 4U.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:57 am

His armour set looks really cool. It's the first L-Rank set I built in 4U. It's too bad all his weapons have negative affinity.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:14 am

Yeah, negative affinity sucks balls. I like the tigrex armor and weapons, but those have negative affinity too (weapons anyway.)

Only annoying thing right now is I don't have a good high rank mission to farm tetsu. Only one where he shows up in high rank is "farm 2 or more and deliver ticket." You might think that's the best mission ever for farming, because you can just keep fighting him. But it's not. You get way more rewards killing 1 at a time, I believe. I also prefer to be free to set up meownster hunters or forge in between hunts.

Here's a monhun question for you: male or female hunter? In 2nd Gen, I would say hard male because the male armor is way better-looking. But later games have some nice female armor.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:27 am

Always male. Generally better-looking armour in my opinion. I like sets that look like fat armour, not butterfly dresses.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 am

I tend to alternate. I like to have a save file of each, but that's quite a time investment and I usually end up going with one over the other. But sometimes I look up an armor set and see a picture of the opposite gender's armor and think it looks pretty sweet.

RAPEMAN wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:55 am

They aren't all worse but I prefer the knight armours with closed visors. Compare my favourite set, the Seltas set:
SpoilerShow
Blademaster

Gunner
The male versions are vastly superior.
Speaking of Seltas, I want to give Charge Blade a try for the first time. There is a Seltas one so of course I crafted it. But upgrading Seltas stuff can be a pain in the ass. For the first upgrade I needed monster broth. Easy enough. Went on the same "kill 15 great thunderbugs" quest I always go on for monster broth. It's in Jungle and it's done very quickly.

But for the next upgrade I needed Vespoid Carapace. Getting carves from Vespoids is already a pain. The drop chance is at 40% so not all bad but still tedious because you need to poison them. Luckily, there is a hunter hub quest with guaranteed lots of Vespoids. 5 Star "Attack of the Giant Bugs!". It even gives four of them as a 100% reward!
Now the bad news: You have to kill 50 of them.
I've done it before for Hornetaur parts. The sub quest is to kill 20 of those, which is done fairly quickly and if you poison gun then you get lots of carves as well. But now I actually needed to finish it.

Long story short, I've been on boring bug hunts for over a half hour for the two upgrades. But I've got a fancy Charge Blade fitting to my armour now.
There's also a HBG. I think I might make a gunner armour and the HBG my next goal. :lol:

PS: Already tried the Shogun gunner set against a Queen Seltas. It wrecks her real good with pierce shots.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!