MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: MonHun

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:37 am

You shut your whore mouth talking shit about Portable 3RD like that! It gave us Zinogre, awesome hot baths and looked amazing.

A fun little thing I just found out: You can shut your hunter up but other characters will still talk, like the guy in the tutorial.
Luckily, in the language option you have English, Japanese and Monster Hunter language. I tried all of them and MH language is easily the best option.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

ban

Post by ban » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:41 am

But I thought Wind Waker was super amazing, now and forever. :lol: The Zelda cuckmunnity told me so. :mrgreen:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:18 am

ban wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:41 am
But I thought Wind Waker was super amazing, now and forever. :lol: The Zelda cuckmunnity told me so. :mrgreen:
It is good. But fuck off with cell shading in MonHun.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:17 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm
No clue. It's not even as if World was a bad game or something. They just designed themselves into a corner with the slinger.

Every arena had multiple hazards that you could activate from afar and the slinger ammo was free and too effective.
How does one balance that? Getting good usually meant learning the patterns of monsters, not using assloads of free traps, bombs and easy flinches on demand.

Go ahead and feast your eyes on the bullshit that is Hyper Nergigante. ZERO chill, two shots you and basically doesn't care what you're doing.
Somebody fighting the thing on an expert level isn't a beautiful dance, it's them hammering the monster with the most OP shit every five seconds and the fucker still barely flinches. It's ridiculous.
All just because if it wasn't utter bullshit it would get blasted in two minutes flat, thanks to all the free damage on the map.
Eh, I'm not sure.

I think it's a dark souls 2 kind of situation. I have defended dark souls 2 on here in the past, as it's not complete shit imo. But it's definitely worse than DeS and DS1. World is worse than pretty much every gen before it. Mainly because of extremely poor balancing, a lack of customization options and not enough compelling content. I don't really enjoy World the way it is. It's also bullshit that they sold the DLC for the price of a new game, when the original game has a serious lack of game already.

Most of the changes from 4U to World were massive downgrades in complexity.

I suppose it's still hard to call it BAD, since "bad" carries an impression of unplayability or outright awfulness. But it's so inferior to previous games, especially the "U" editions, that I'd still suggest it borders on bad. By comparison. Even so-called improvements, like the changes to mobility and gathering, end up trivializing the (mediocre) content in the game further. Free scatternut stunlocks should never have been a thing.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:22 am

in what way is 100+ hours of content not enough content? And dont come with "i said compelling".
You are doing the same all game long just to different monsters and they differ enough, what parts are not compelling and how do they negate the 100s of hours of monster hunting before you even get to end game?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:33 am

World was a good foundation to build on. It's just that nothing came along to do so.

To answer guest's question, the problem was that World was just Low Rank. The High Rank was only there in name. HR usually comes with more armour to build, weapons to upgrade and monsters.

World wasn't bad in the same way any non-G isn't bad. It just comes with an understanding that in a year you'll get the real deal, with loads of additions. World didn't get that.
As an example, Generations was good. Generations Ultimate is absolutely fantastic and blows the former out of the water. That's what the DLC for World should've been.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:35 am

Its been a long time but I remember getting new gear options on HR, in fact needing them. And again for MR

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:39 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:35 am
Its been a long time but I remember getting new gear options on HR, in fact needing them. And again for MR
Yeah, it was there, just in name only. Going from LR to HR in older MH games is like going from making well-done steaks to hunting a Great Jaggi.
Difficult to put in words for me but you'd know if you know.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:55 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:22 am
in what way is 100+ hours of content not enough content? And dont come with "i said compelling".
You are doing the same all game long just to different monsters and they differ enough, what parts are not compelling and how do they negate the 100s of hours of monster hunting before you even get to end game?
Lack of monsters
Lack of equipment
Lack of missions

And since you mentioned it, lack of endgame too.

I enjoyed Gen more than World. Gen added skills and Prowlers, which I feel mixed up the formula enough to forgive the lack of endgame.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:58 am

The Rise demo has about 25% as much content as World.
I hope they don't bring back RNG decorations.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!