MonHun

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: MonHun

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Cool, looks like the desire sensor learned a new trick this generation!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:56 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:54 pm
How often do you guys get the failed to connect error?
I've been getting it at least once a day and on Friday I got it all the time. I'm mostly a solo player but I can imagine that sucks a lot for group players. Plus, the more time they have to spend on fixing that, the less time they will spend on better performance.
Thankfully, they will work for at least two more years on the game. The MonHun division of Capcom is pretty much like an entirely different company from regular Capcom. They actually care and we'll get G-rank eventually as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:32 pm

I got the fail to connect error constantly on ps4. It just sucks there's no option to start the game offline.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:58 pm

I fucking hate Kirin....
got the message 10 minutes left and pushed too much and got lightning stunned fuckkk that fucker in the horsearse rushystyle

I could manage him in a bit of open terrain but the fucker flees to places where there hardly is any room to dodge all his lighting shit.

Will try again later but I feel a ranged weapon would be much easier against this fucking edgy brony lightning rocker
Doesnt help at all that the fucker keeps prancing around like a fucking faggot either.

Edit: My dumbass still had my palico setup with the flash / shocktraps which Kirin is immune to. When I switched that I managed to kill him, still took me 40 mins or so because of all the retarded hopping around. One of the most annoying designs ive ever faced in gaming, not hard, annoying.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:10 pm

In the old MonHuns the stupid horse moved exactly like a Kelbi. So what you could do is observe and practise with Kelbis. Then you just used that knowledge about positioning on a Kirin. Total Greatsword fodder.
I haven't hunted a Kirin in World yet.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 pm

isnt that a requirement before high rank? Or im mixing up my optional and story quests.

The Zorah fight was disappointing btw pretty boring and easy, as in I dont even know if its possible to fail that one.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:00 pm

It must be an optional hunt. I've got the Kirin weapon tree unlocked but never hunted one.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Got my limited bounties with 2 hours to go.

Man I game a lot and still getting those are close calls, I feel sorry for people who have actual lives lol.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:57 pm

I accidentally came close but to hunt four monsters in two hours when I had my set of Uragaan armour to finish wasn't going to happen.
I'm a bit bothered by it, however. It's the clear first choice for Gunlancers due to Block+ and Partbreaker being incredibly useful for GL. To use Uragaan himself as an example, obviously true Block+ is useful but that goes for absolutely every monster. You can even block lasers and shit and that combined with the strongest natural block enables me to block everything with next to no knockback and no damage. Essentially, that makes the multiple weaknesses to elements of the armour unimportant, since I shouldn't get hit anyway and can block whatever.
Partbreaker is more interesting. Lances ignore cutting and impact damage due to pierce. I deal optimal damage anyway. But very hard stuff makes me bounce, even at blue sharpness. Uragaan's chin is such a hard part - unless it's broken. Partbreaker makes it possible to break it with just one Wyvernfire. So if I can get a mount initially, use a paratoad, some other enviromental trap or flash him and get lucky I can instantly break it's chin and completely bypass that shit.

So it's perfect, right? Here comes the annoying part. The set gives three levels of Block and the set bonus is true Block+. The weapons you can craft out of Uragaan are a Bow, a Switchaxe, a Hammer and a Longsword. Neither of them can block at all. Not Lance, no Gunlance, no Chargeblade or even Sword and Shield. Not even a Greatsword, which at least HAS a block.
That's stupid.
To hammer the point home that despite it being perfect for GL it's somehow not intended for GL, the second thing is that a sheathed GL clips through the armour.
I am immensely troubled by that.
Not really. But it does bother me.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:39 am

Yeah that is weird or maybe they want people to mix and match more.

Even weirder is that I havent even looked at sets or skills really for that matter yet. Still finding the game quite easy and I dont really need the best gear yet, I wonder if that point will ever come. Just unlocked another set of monsters so hopefully they'll pose a challenge.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine