Grand Strategy, Turn-based Strategy and real-times tactics games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Some Sick Fuck
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Grand Strategy, Turn-based Strategy and real-times tactics games

Post by Some Sick Fuck » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 am
Yeah and when you ask the people that actually play those games it's considered reasonable. It's for the miniature train enthusiasts and the prices are lower than an actual miniature train would run you.
Because these people are dogshit insane. Fortunately for me, I have no desire to ever play anything like that, but the reason real life miniatures are so expensive is because they need to be build, every single one of them. For their shitty digital counterpart, few assholes sit somewhere and keep cranking out one train after another, they need to do it once, and that's it. Few games break my bullshit meter when it comes to DLC by default, and it's train simulators, The Sims and Payday 2.

Since I know a bit about the Warhammer games (because I've actually played them) and haven't just poorly scanned the store like ASS to exaggerate about DLC prices, one DLC that was absolute bullshit and extortion was "additional gore effects DLC" that costs like 5 euros and adds what you would expect. And what you would expect to already be in the game by default...

Blessed are the shitposters, for they will be called children of the Sperg.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Yeah and when you ask the people that actually play those games it's considered reasonable. It's for the miniature train enthusiasts and the prices are lower than an actual miniature train would run you.
Because these people are dogshit insane. Fortunately for me, I have no desire to ever play anything like that, but the reason real life miniatures are so expensive is because they need to be build, every single one of them. For their shitty digital counterpart, few assholes sit somewhere and keep cranking out one train after another, they need to do it once, and that's it. Few games break my bullshit meter when it comes to DLC by default, and it's train simulators, The Sims and Payday 2.

Since I know a bit about the Warhammer games (because I've actually played them) and haven't just poorly scanned the store like ASS to exaggerate about DLC prices, one DLC that was absolute bullshit and extortion was "additional gore effects DLC" that costs like 5 euros and adds what you would expect. And what you would expect to already be in the game by default...
How is giving you the exact price exaggerating? At best you had 33% discount which is still too much,
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Some Sick Fuck wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:42 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Because these people are dogshit insane. Fortunately for me, I have no desire to ever play anything like that, but the reason real life miniatures are so expensive is because they need to be build, every single one of them.
Sure. I just think you're forgetting about the target audience. Who cares for model trains these days? Middle-aged or older men mostly. It's an alternative for those that don't have the space for all that shit anymore and the wife won't nag them about a new train model because she won't know about it.

For all digital goods you can just say that some asshole just sat around at his PC and made it. Going down that route you sound like somebodies mother that has no clue about vidya. "Why do you need a new Assassin's Creed? You already have one. What about those other consoles you have? Why don't you play those? You'll just put it away to collect dust eventually like that Playstation." And so on.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

But if I don't have real trains I can't feel like I rule Sodor.