Deals and Freebies

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
rabidtictac

Re: Deals and Freebies

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Lixy Husky
3 months ago
Owners: "Please help us Gordon"
Gordon: "Okay you should change some things"
Owners: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
I know it's television so it's scripted as shit, but I hear a lot of these restaurants go back to there old ways and eventually close.
Most of them do. The UK kitchen nightmares was better because Gordon would come back six months or a year later to see how they were doing. That's just one example of how the UK version kicked the shit out of the burgerican edition.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:47 pm

So a Murrican remake of a foreign production sucks and misses the spirit of the original? What a surprising development.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:07 pm

It's a shame that the more serious documentary style wasn't ported over to the Burgerclap version because the Burger series had all the kooks.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:23 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm
mad bum wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm
I know it's television so it's scripted as shit, but I hear a lot of these restaurants go back to there old ways and eventually close.
Most of them do. The UK kitchen nightmares was better because Gordon would come back six months or a year later to see how they were doing. That's just one example of how the UK version kicked the shit out of the burgerican edition.
Gordon is way more chill in the UK episodes as well. As for scripting, it's not even remotely as scripted as you'd think it was.
http://www.realitytvrevisited.com/2013/ ... posts.html
You can see there if they are open or closed and what happened after the show. It's also interesting to go read the yelp reviews. With the ones that closed it's usually the case that they plain gave up, changed back all the shit or were just way too deep in debt to be able to save their asses anyway.
I always love the whole "I changed back to the old, shit menu for my regular customers" thing. Yeah, those twenty or so fucks that couldn't carry your business before are super important, bro. The issue aren't the people that like your bad shit and not even those that complain about your shit sucking. It's those empty seats from people who didn't complain but never came back. 1 in 100 will complain. The rest just won't come back and tell all their friends how shit your food was.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:52 pm

So they went back to doing the same thing as before and were surprised when they got the same outcome as before. I wonder if there's a word to describe this...

(Also lol @ Gordon flanderizing himself.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:23 pm
Gordon is way more chill in the UK episodes as well.
Oh yeah I've definitely noticed this how they burgerize the American version to make him a evil crumpet, but in the UK version it's more genuine anger at people taking the piss.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:06 pm

He'll even be legit chill and seem like a more genuine guy, actually connecting with the staff. It also helps that the annoying action music isn't in it trying to play up every little thing.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:36 am

The drama announcer in the burger version is the worst part. I'd love to go into the episodes and edit out the announcer entirely. And the recaps. Recaps are not really needed even with shows that have commercial breaks.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:04 am

I really hate burger television, it's just setup to accommodate the stupidest people with there whacky music and shit. Like I don't need to have music tell me how I should feel because you think I'm way to stupid.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:04 am
I really hate burger television, it's just setup to accommodate the stupidest people with there whacky music and shit. Like I don't need to have music tell me how I should feel because you think I'm way to stupid.
Are you entirely sure about that, lad?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!