Deals and Freebies

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Seele

Re: Deals and Freebies

Post by Seele » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Aight. Downloading now.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Seele

Post by Seele » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Brutal Legend's free for 24 hours on Humble Bundle. Grab it if you want to.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/brutal-legend

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Fuck that game.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:54 am

I already own it but never played it. Got it for free on GOG or something.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:52 am

If you like heavy metal then the game is fine, though even I will admit that the game probably hasn't aged well since I remember the combat being shallow but fun and the RTS lite shit wasn't all that crash hot since it's clear Mr Shitface didn't know how to design that part properly. The best part was cruising around in the open world that looks like a bunch of heavy metal album covers with classic metal blaring.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Snow Baller

Post by Snow Baller » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:51 pm

https://www.gog.com/ is having a black Friday sale and you can get MDK 1 for free.

Seele

Post by Seele » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:34 pm

MDK, you say? Nice.

ban

Post by ban » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 am

Apparently, Black Friday is officially a thing in Greece as well now. It used to be some "geek stores"(not properly nerdy / geeky stores like old comic stores, electronics shops etc but shit like The Mall, FNAC when it was a thing, fucking "The Public" etc) and spread like cancer.

On the other hand, if the Public's price drop is 60% down, maybe I can snug some old games I've been eyeing for some time with breadcrumps.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:06 am

ban wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:31 am
Apparently, Black Friday is officially a thing in Greece as well now. It used to be some "geek stores"(not properly nerdy / geeky stores like old comic stores, electronics shops etc but shit like The Mall, FNAC when it was a thing, fucking "The Public" etc) and spread like cancer.

On the other hand, if the Public's price drop is 60% down, maybe I can snug some old games I've been eyeing for some time with breadcrumps.
With online retail getting bigger it's becoming a thing everywhere now. In Australia though it seems it's only an internet shopping thing since the actual stores aren't doing anything.

Why is it a thing anyway? I'm assuming it has something to do with Thanksgiving.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:15 am

It marks the time when the shops change over from thanksgiving to christmas shit, officially, and people were naturally rushing out to do christmas shopping anyway. So the shops offered a bunch of special prices to drive up consumer insanity and increase consumer spending.

That's how I understand it anyway. With the advent of internet shopping, black friday became cyber monday aka cyber weekend, which is more convenient and avoids the unsightly trampling-to-death issue.

Black Friday is of course called that because many stores are not "in the black" for the year until the christmas season starts. Kugel could tell you more about that, but he runs a grocery store and I would imagine they're not as seasonal.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome