Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
wulfenlord

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by wulfenlord » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 am

Fuck me in the ass and call me Fickschnitzel, am I glad to have abandoned Magic: the Wokening in 2004 after Mirrodin.

Spoilered for niggardry:
SpoilerShow
Fuckin' rainbows, how do they work

And this Harry Potter for LGBT is getting its own D&D campaign setting, too *sigh*
Complete with gay proms...
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 am

Typical story - they started losing players due to shit game design and tried to reverse the loss by going super woke. And then doubling down on the wokeness when that didn't work.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Oh, that fucking niggress. They tried to make her the face of Strixhaven so bad. The problem was that a) the main characters were the (very blonde) twins Wil and Rowan (who probably accepted getting enrolled into Not-Hogwarts to run away from their oil-drilling dad Kenrith); b) the niggress always sounded like an annoying know-it-all prick interjecting Magic technobabble in every single line; c) the loxodon (elephant man) Quintorius was a much better character than her and was the fan favorite of the set.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 am
Typical story - they started losing players due to shit game design and tried to reverse the loss by going super woke. And then doubling down on the wokeness when that didn't work.
Plus they banned any card featuring crusader-looking knights :roll:

>Strixhaven
>Strix

Why is this school named after evil Roman vampire (ghost) owls? Oh, right. LGBTQ...
wulfenlord wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 am
And this Harry Potter for LGBT is getting its own D&D campaign setting, too *sigh*
This is just their way of saying "fuck you" to long-time D&D players. First 5e only cared about Forgotten Realms. They've eventually started a glacial trickle for the other official D&D campaign settings, but they keep sidelining this in favor of Magic the Cuckening - after decades of Wizards purposely making no crossovers between D&D and Magic in order to avoid crossing the autism streams.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:31 pm

Magic hasn't been fun since netdecking anyway.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:53 pm

Which has never been less fun since there's at least one instance of someone copyrighting his deck.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:25 pm

Too bad no one copyrighted current Standard's cancerous, boring iteration of the Turns deck that once again turned the format into a snorefest.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:27 pm

Ugh - not proud being a German today. Fucking gender-diverse playing cards

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:44 pm

How can playing cards ever be diverse if they still have two colors and four suits? Especially the former appears to be a clear parallel to the outdated gender model.

Also they used the infamous gender star, turning the kings into "König*innen", with one female and one male half.
Apparently they have never considered using actual neutral terms like "Regent" or "Monarch".
They have also not considered that this still confirms the tyranny of the two genders.
Not to mention that all the other kinds of faces are left in their one traditional gender.

The also have an entire site dedicated to reminding you of Chinese slave workers and other things designed to make you feel #sad. Gets me in the mood for playing cards like nothing else!

I do like their gender-star stickers, though. Apparently you're supposed to slap them on shit without the owner's consent? The only application I can see is for employment ads on supermarket and other shops, but they already use a slightly less retarded gender scheme.

(For non-Krauts: Avoid anyone on the internet who uses gender stars unironically. At best they're Leftists using it to virtue-signal, at worst they're nutjobs working on literal newspeak.)

EDIT: Nice, they also offer workshops:
  • Privileges (We will indotrinate you into seeing the injustices we want you to see!)
  • Startup women (Women are too stupid to to start their own company, so we have to educate them!)
  • Online hate speech (Cancel everyone!)
  • The female cycle (All woman have their own special snowflake cycle that doesn't fit the standard 24/7 one? I literally have no idea what they want here. Guess I'm too male to get this)
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 pm

Or the colon in place of it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!