Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:21 pm

It rubbed people the wrong when the Ultramarine fanboy took over and declared them the greatest Spess Mehreens to ever Spess Mehreen (at least until he got his hands on the Grey Knights codex), forcing all other Spess Mehreens to look at them with awe and envy.

Of course there is only one correct choice when it comes to Spess Mehreens...
SpoilerShow

I cri evrytiem.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:32 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:21 pm
It rubbed people the wrong when the Ultramarine fanboy took over and declared them the greatest Spess Mehreens to ever Spess Mehreen
Well, they pretty much are. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Golly gee, the chapter that is flavoured after the Roman Empire with the most level-headed patriarch of them all is the most effective chapter?

If you're serious about being a loyalist, you can't hate the Ultramarines. They are the prime example of the efficient, codex-adhering ultra loyalists chapter.

It also means they can be a bit boring but their flavour is on point and absolutely necessary.
You don't have to play them, you don't have to love them. But if you want something with a less stable gene seed and more edge you're spoiled for choice.
Go play Marines Malevolent or even Chaos, faggot!

It's not even like they are the goody two-shoes. That doesn't exist in 40k. They walk around like living gods, benevolently indifferent to mere normal mortals. They sure as shit aren't Salamanders kinda interested in normal people or the Guard.

"Ultramarines = shit" is a smooth brain faggot take by benders that have only a surface level understanding of the lore, looking for easy upboats on plebbit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:36 pm

I guess at least (most) of them aren't Primaris.
Yet.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:36 pm
I guess at least (most) of them aren't Primaris.
Yet.
I totally get the hate for that. But then that's a separate issue that'll hit all chapters.
GW fucking wiped out my favourite chapter the Scythes of the Emperor entirely to make them all Primaris. If it was just model changes I'd be alright. But the changed squads and some of the new types are just retarded.

But it's not an Ultramarine issue. It's a Space Marine issue.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:08 am

You can't have one without the other. Any Ultramarines issue is a Space Marine issue and vice versa, for other Chapters define themselves by how the differ from the Ultramarines.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:54 pm
GW fucking wiped out my favourite chapter the Scythes of the Emperor entirely to make them all Primaris.
I see their Firstborn purge is getting started with the more obscure chapters.
But that's just the tip of the iceberg. They're already phasing out stuff like vanilla Dreadnoughts and Assault Marines. Of course they have shiny new Primaris replacements for that, so it's not a big deal, right ;) ?

EDIT: Speaking of other Chapters, the Space Wolves got oddly nerfed in 10th edition. Their Scouts have one Wound, even though every Space Marine these days has at least two - regular Scouts included - and their "Wolf Scouts" are actually veterans instead of Space Marine n00bs.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:33 am

Yea but who uses scouts anyways?
The new dreadnoughts look like shit.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:05 pm

So The Old World aka Remember Warhammer Fantasy Battle?! is out.
In case you don't know, it's set about two centuries before the old WFB canon and has been well received so far, in no small part thanks to the return of Bretonnia and the Tomb Kings (the latter with a pretty kickass skeleton dragon).
Though strangely enough we still have to wait for models for Kislev and Cathay (even though concept art for both has been heavily featured in preview material). Guess GW wants to wait and see how profitable this side gig is.

Apparently Cubicle 7 saw fit to announce a roleplaying game for The Old World.
Even though they already have an RPG for that in the form of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th edition.
They could've just released this as a sourcebook for WFR, but I guess they love having to write stuff for two different system for the same setting (as seen with their 40k lineup, which has both Wrath & Glory and Imperium Maledictum).

I fear they might be spreading themselves a bit thin, is what I'm saying.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:16 pm

It's still baffling how hard GW spilled their spaghetti out of their pockets with this.

Cancelling classic Warhammer just when it shoots up to unprecedented popularity thanks to the Total War games and returning it now when the Total War games have a slump, thanks to resources being allocated to a cancelled, woke faggot title.
Fumble of the century so far!

Either way, I'm glad they brought it back. Now they just have to cancel Age of Shitmar.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:30 pm

They should also retcon the fuck out of Primaris Marines, since their current unit composition is fucking cancer.
It's bad enough that they've split up the iconic Tactical/Assault/Devastator Squad doctrine by making every possible weapon loadout its own unit type, but then they gave them all stupid Latin-y names* that would already be a bitch to remember if they weren't so samey.
I mean FFS, they have like both Intercessor and Inceptors. Also three different flavors of "scout/infiltration dudes".

If they'll ever make a video game with primarily Primaris Marines, thinks will be confusing af because their roster is so bloated.

*) Except for the all-plasma squads, those are just "Hellblasters" for some reason. Guess they ran out of ideas after already having "Eliminators" and "Eradicators".
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:04 pm

That's a thing I'll never understand. The regular primaris models look good. It was a good idea to uncompress the design and scale them better.

But the new squads, some of those retarded new weapons and especially the fucking toddler carrier mech or the new, dumb Dreadnaughts just piss me off.

Oh well, Magic was completely ruined years ago. So why not 40k as well, right? Why have nice things in times as shit as these? Just fuck my Imperium of Mankind up, bro!
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!