Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.

Re: Basements & Beards- Analogue Gaming Thread

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:19 pm

The tau mechs have always been based off knockoff chinese toys instead of actual mech designs. No-one knows why.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:36 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:43 pm
It's probably easy enough to find cheaper minis elsewhere.
Yes... assuming you don't pick up any warlord shit in the first place. Like GW, they use proprietary scales that don't quite fit with most minis. I bought some of their Judge Dredd shit and it's in 1/40 scale. 1/40! A scale not used since 1973!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:22 am

GW might do things differently, but I can guarantee you that their scales are dominating the market from the sheer number of "Numbers filed off" manufacturers.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:29 pm

So Zweihänder, the grimdark retroclone of the early grimdark Warhammer Fantasy RPGs, has gotten an update.
SpoilerShow
Page 6, 139, 146 To 147 (Chattel Slaver)
We are removing this Profession entirely from the book to reflect our principles & values regarding Black Lives Matter and sensitivity around this particular option.
Dammit, that guy had like the only ability that helped whip builds :lol:
Well, at least you can still be a Bailif, Grail Knight (aka crusader), Reeve (whose unique ability is a Judge Dredd quote) or a Watchman.

Also for some reason the Prostitute fluff text now explicity points out that their "exotic massage arts" are "from the east". Because I guess fondling ballsacks for a living is less problematic if it comes fromt he most exotic orient (which might not actually exist in your GM's setting, let alone be in "The East (tm)"). That's the only fluff change in any profession writeup.

Of course they've also replaced the highly outdated "gender" with "sex". At least the character sheet is still without a "pronoun" entry, something that has become disturbingly common in anyting available on itch.io.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:04 pm

>abloo bloo muh Saint Fentanyl feefees

I don't know their product, and from now on, I have zero interest in doing so.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:11 am

Well, at least they replaced "gender" with "sex", which is the actually correct, not made up by some paedophile Jew, term.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:56 am

Hokay, something new for the list, next to anything Pathfinder, NWOD, WOTC... *sigh* At least the fags from Ulisses Spiele aren't yet actively trying to ruin Dark Eye. In fact, their Die schwarze Katze is presenting itself nicely next to my Power, Plüsch & Plunder collection :3

In other news, Hasbro is shilling out their IPs to Renegade Games (based on 5E rules), bringing us Transformers, G.I. Joe & Power Rangers
https://renegadegamestudios.com/power-r ... pre-order/

You just know all of them will include tranny options
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:52 am

It's a bit of a shame, though. Zweihänder iself is fine for what it's trying to accomplish, but the team behind it is oddly SJW for the kind of content they're producing. It's like finding out that your local butcher is vegan or something.
Though people already saw the writing on the wall when they cancelled their plans for Tetsubo, a Feudal Not-Japan sourcebook that has been elusive vaporware ever since the 1st edition of the Warhammer RPG.
Why they cancelled it? Well, the writers "realized" they're not Asian enough to write about Asian stuff.

Though there are thankfully alternatives around. The Warhammer RPG itself has a 4th edition (no idea how it is, though), but I don't really see why you need any other percentile dice system besides Mythras aka Best RuneQuest. They're so based that they release historical sourcebooks where it is perfectly normal for the PCs to own slaves as part of their assets, 'cause that's just how the Ancient Romans and Babylonians rolled, baby 8-)

For true grim darkness, there's of course Shadow of the Demon Lord, some mash-up between D&D and Warhammer. The writers are just slightly weird in that there's a disturbing amount of monsters that "empty their bowels" during combat.
wulfenlord wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:56 am
Hokay, something new for the list, next to anything Pathfinder, NWOD, WOTC... *sigh* At least the fags from Ulisses Spiele aren't yet actively trying to ruin Dark Eye. In fact, their Die schwarze Katze is presenting itself nicely next to my Power, Plüsch & Plunder collection :3
They ruin Dork Eye by being clunky af. At least they introduced the race/culture split before some D&D supplement pretended to revolutionize the industry with that idea.
Just play the fan alternative Ilaris, mate.
In other news, Hasbro is shilling out their IPs to Renegade Games (based on 5E rules), bringing us Transformers, G.I. Joe & Power Rangers
https://renegadegamestudios.com/power-r ... pre-order/

You just know all of them will include tranny options
Using a 5e derivative? Good for them. D&D sucks balls for anything that's not D&D. Just wondering how much D&D they can remove of it.

>55 bucks for the core books

Just use Battle Century G. Sure, it's actually Super Robot Wars - The RPG, but that just means it knows how to handle giant robots that combine and shit.
Personal-scale combat uses different rules and is a bit meh compared to the mecha stuff, but there's literally nothing stopping you from building your Sentai blokes as mecha and using the good combat system.

The same system probably also works for Transformers. G.I. Joe probably less so. Try Savage Worlds.
If you have to have crossovers between that stuff, try Cartoon Action Hour. It's literally meant for old, corny cartoons.

Of course, the true way to experience Power Rangers d20 is with Chris A. Fields Sentai Spectacular. Not because d20 Modern is good for Sentashit (or really anything), but because it is fully compatible with Chris' more (in)famous works (look up "Black Tokyo"; you can thank me later).
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:11 am
Well, at least they replaced "gender" with "sex", which is the actually correct, not made up by some paedophile Jew, term.
The industry has used "gender" for the longest time. Not because it's accurate, but because D&D did it.
It's the same reason why RPGs kept using "race" even though non-humans like dwarves and elves are an entirely different species. There are even a number of books that acknowledge this, but then go on to say that they'll keep using "race" anyways because everyone else is doing it.

Though they've also moved away from that term (using stuf like "ancestries" instead), not because it's inaccurate, but because using the term "race" in a context that might make one race inferior over another in certain categories is too problematic.
-Yours Truly

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Did you know that Avatar (the one without the blue furries) is getting its own tabletop game?

>Powered by the Apocalypse

Oh bloody Hell. That's like the tabletop equivalent of making a walking sim in Unity (or RPG Maker). It's the hip new system for the leftist crowd, since rules barely exist and the whole system allows for games so narrow-focused that you can't really use them for anything but their intended purpose without effectively writing your own game, which is pretty cool if you're paranoid about evil fascists using your game for nefarious purposes.

If you think I'm kidding, here's the degenerate gender studies version of Revolutionary Girl Utena (because these Apocalypse thingies love ripping shit off, since all you are allowed to play are essentially rip-offs of something grabbed from pop culture; there's an entire game that rips off Kingdom Hearts, except it's so shite even Apocalypsefags hate it).
I'm pretty sure the image you see right when the page opens already speaks for itself, but I just have to share this quote:
This game is not for fascists, TERFs, or other bigots.
Aww, shucks. Back to playing FATAL I guess...

And wouldn't you know it, itch.io's Visual Novel darling also has an Apocalypse adaptation. I really don't have any clue how you can make a narrative-driven game and a campaign setting for your weird meat fetish setting (that is not nearly as Cronenbergian as the premise might fool you into thinking) if the bad guys are name- and faceless non-entities (because the troon creator of the original vidja games decided to use nazis as bad guys, and he's deadly afraid that people might potentially think they're cool, since that would make him like a nazi recruiter).
The playtest literally spells out that you're not allowed to give those nazis names, backstory, or really any kind of personality. This makes the random orc guarding a treasure chest in an 10'-by-10' dungeon room look like a deep character with rich history.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 pm

I love that even those ultra commie faggots find Nazis so appealing and stylish that they are afraid to give them any kind of character.

10 bucks that their favourite sissy fetish is being raped by an SS officer in a death camp.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!