Indie Games that Aren't Shit

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Indie Games that Aren't Shit

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:07 am

F*ck yeah! Now that's what I call an indie title that delivers exactly what it promises.

Oh, and how about Guacamelee? It's a Metroidvania with a bit of Soul Reaver in it (since a good chunk of the puzzles requre you to switch back-and-forth between real world and spirit world, though unlike Raziel you can switch worlds whenever you want, including mid-jump) and a more involved combat system (since you're playing a luchador, with multiple kinds of throws and what is essentially a Smash Bros. moveset).
Pretty nifty, actually. Lots of exploration, fun combat and very cool visuals that are always clean af because everything's in vector graphics. I also really like the the power-ups. There's no lame shit that's just "Now you can open these types of doors". Every power-up is a new special move or movement ability, all of which can drastically change how you approach combat and puzzles, some of the latter requiring you to essentially use everything you have during a single jump.

There's also a sequel out there, but I haven't tried it out yet.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:47 pm

>This thread
>This entire fucking thread
>Nobody posts any doujin game
>Nobody posts about 2hu, 2hu fangaymes, the Megaman fangames from Nippon or Cave Story
>Nobody posts any Fate gaymes from Japan, nor SRW gaymes nor the unholly Battle Moon Wars
>Nobody posts about good old games like Reddish Region's original Fightans or Maguro Lights Fate gaymes
>Nobody posts the indie games sold at festivals by small studios on their own dime because companies just won't pick them up, like Azathoth-D or Melty Blood or Nitro+ Royale -Heroines Duel- Until companies saw how much these sold so they decided to make "official" versions of them, like with Nitroplus Blasterz
>Nobody posts newshit like Croixler Sigma or Mitsurugi Hikae Kamui that are available on PC despite what steam tells you
>Nobody making mention of Examu or French Bread as the companies that begun as Doujin FIghtan makers before becoming legit video game companies with their own IPs
>And by nobody, I mean Voice, Tictac or the obviously former guestf/a/gs that have settled here

And I thought you were true gamers. :lol:
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:48 am
I can't believe I haven't mentioned Broforce yet! Fast and exactly as great as it looks like.
Based and Bropilled!

Also, Voice mentioning Fightin' Rage is top tier taste. Good shit my man.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:00 am

Steamworld Heist is pretty fun. It's definitely Xcom Lite/mobile friendly version, but the steamworld games are all enjoyable.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:21 am

I forgot all those animu games existed. I never bothered playing any of them a decade ago other than some early 2hu and then I guess I just lost interest.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:27 pm

I have that stuff mentally filed under weebshit instead. Nobody thinks of Melty Blood as indie first, despite it being true.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:39 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:47 pm
And I thought you were true gamers. :lol:
I didn't want to reveal my power level too much, but you're forcing my hand here.
SpoilerShow
  • 2hu fangames are trash. There are like 5,000 new ones on Steam every week, and none of them follow the example of glorious Perfect Cherry Blossom of having most of the waifus without shoes
  • Trying to sell Cave Story as a great indie game in Current Year is like lecturing us about Doki Doki Panic. Everyone already knows
  • Why should I bring up SRW? That's not indie at all.
  • The only Fate game worth playing is Melty Blood
  • Croixleur Sigma is an excellent clone of DMC's Bloody Palace mode, with fast and furious combos. Also the pantyshots are usually just a dash away
  • Mitsurugi Hikae Kamui is another Bloody Palace clone. My most vivid memory is that the lock-on system (which is pretty much mandatory for boss fights) is clunky and amateurish af. Shit doesn't work like your muscle memory tells you, so shit like attacking after a dodge will usually end with your waifu attacking the air because she hasn't even begun to face her target again
Now why did you fail to mention Chantelise, Fortune Summoners and Gundemonium?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Mentioning Cave Story would be like mentioning Spelunky. Or La-Mulana. Those games are so fucking old I can't even think of them as indies. And they're all fairly popular, or were at one point. La-Mulana got a sequel, Cave Story got a shitload of ports and Spelunky was the premier xbla game for a long time.

The rest of that weebshit you mentioned I either never played or don't care about. Arcana Heart and Blazblue > melty blood.
RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:48 pm

Melty Blub is better because I want to suck Arc's big titties.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:01 pm

You know nothing about blazblue to say that. Blazblue has some real fat titties in it.

RAPEMAN wrote:

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:21 pm

So you'll just suck any titty then?