Fighting Games

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:52 pm
video games should have ended at the PS2
I was /nofriends/ so I really got a lot out of fightan game story modes.
they never made a soul calibur that was better than 2, did they? 3 was kinda ass. i remember it being real hard and i thought i just sucked shit but i read that the ai cheats.
SC3 was possibly the worst SC ever so you're free to feel vindicated to think of it as garbage back then. It was especially terrible because it came directly after the best SC and one of the best 3D fitan ever made.
I wouldn't say that vidya should've ended after the PS2. I would say, however, that it should've remained as or gotten less popular with normalfags.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:47 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:06 pm
SC3 wasn't as good and it was buggy as shit on top of that. You had to dedicate an entire memory card to the game because it could corrupt ps2 memory cards if there was anything else saved to them.
You can't believe how I glad I am that this never happened on my card. That bug sounds like it took a special case of stupid to accomplish.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:58 pm

I was rewatching some old Excellent Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross and am just watching one of the best episodes, the one with Bobby Scar of Melee fame. They get ready for a match of Sagat vs Hugo and mention the match by Alex Valle against Bonchan, saying it's well worth watching. They are correct. Thought tictac might get a kick out of it.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:52 pm

Fucking valle looks like he's wearing a wig and bonchan is stuck in the mid 2000's with his frosted tips.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 am

Are you a hair stylist or something?
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:03 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:58 pm
I was rewatching some old Excellent Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross and am just watching one of the best episodes, the one with Bobby Scar of Melee fame. They get ready for a match of Sagat vs Hugo and mention the match by Alex Valle against Bonchan, saying it's well worth watching. They are correct. Thought tictac might get a kick out of it.
Two things are at work in this match. One is that yeah, Bonchan probably thought it was going to be an easy match because this is traditionally one of Hugo's worst matchups. I think Hugo's worst-worst is Gouken IIRC. But the other thing going on and the reason Valle went Hugo is Hugo mains always have to play these shitty counterpick matchups. Bonchan always picks Sagat, but if you play Hugo in USF4, you get used to faggots counterpicking with fireball characters. So Valle probably felt super confident fighting Sagat. Hugo/Gief players have to fight a lot of Sagat counterpicks.

It's pretty neat to see how a matchup that seems terrible can actually not be so bad if the other player is really experienced at the matchup.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:31 am

For more insight, Valle got a coaching session for that specific matchup two hours before the tournament from Floe. Yes, that fat, shitposting, garbage streammonster faggot in the webbum down here sitting besided Juicebox.
phpBB [video]

Have one of my geddan meme webbums, I guess.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:39 am

For those not knowing about the geddan meme, it's basically whenever something spazzes out in games, these days. The OG meme was this:

But these days it's mostly used for vidya glitches.
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:46 am

i havent seen geddan anything in a long time.
that song is bretty kino by itself

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:04 am

I wouldn't think Valle would need coaching on the Hugo vs Sagat matchup. It's one of those infamous ones if you main Hugo. Like I said, if I go online and fight some random in ranked USF4 and win with Hugo (miraculously, because I'm bad), I can be pretty certain their next move will be to switch to Gouken, Ken, Ryu or Sagat.

On some level, I'm not even sure I can blame them. Because it's way fucking easier to learn a pocket Ryu, Sagat or Ken and always counterpick grapplers, than it is to be the grappler main who gets counterpicked. Hell, most of the characters who counterpick Hugo doesn't even HAVE disadvantageous matchups.

This is part of why I also play Cody in USF4.

LMAO look at this hilarious salt baron here. Characters he uses? TAKES SKILL. Characters he doesn't use? NO SKILL
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome