What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
AdorableOtter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by AdorableOtter » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:24 am

DS has lots of great RPGs like Darkspire, Darkspire or Darkspire.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:52 pm
>tentacles are a bad mutation

So this game wasn't made by a weeb...
I'm not really sure about that...
SpoilerShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:55 pm

Now my otaku character finally has a real goal in this game.

(If he doesn't get mauled by police killbots.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:13 am
The DS has a pretty strong library. I'd highly advise getting custom firmware to sail the seven seas. Tetris DS is pretty neat, the Phoenix Wright titles are also pretty good. Mega Man ZX is a fine shooter. Basically any DS Castlevania is at least competent, Dawn of Sorrow is especially good.
Fuck yeah Dawn of Sorrow. You’d swear the DS was made for Metroidvania style games, shame we never got a proper Metroid on the handheld.

There are a lot of good lesser known and obscure titles too. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is a fun example.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:49 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:24 am
DS has lots of great RPGs like Darkspire, Darkspire or Darkspire.
And Strange Journey

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Or Etrian Odyssey.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:58 am

Still enjoying front mission 3. The skills system is weird but it's not a huge problem. Unfortunately, sniper rifles, pile bunkers and axes are all kind of underpowered. Feelsbadman.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:36 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:58 am
Still enjoying front mission 3. The skills system is weird but it's not a huge problem. Unfortunately, sniper rifles, pile bunkers and axes are all kind of underpowered. Feelsbadman.
I really need to resume that one, or finish Gun Hazard, or something. I've been in a huge funk with games and media lately and can't get into them. You think that'd be an indicator to do something better with my spare time, but I still want to play some.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:50 pm

I got bored with Gun Hazard too, that game is fantastic for an hour or two but things gets rather tedious because of primitive RPG elements and grindy/repetitive stage design. That's why Vulken is overall better game imo.
Old Black Man wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:36 am
You think that'd be an indicator to do something better with my spare time, but I still want to play some.
It's time to step into the world of cataclysm (noob guide) and start as a BDSM gimp or Imam.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:10 am

I might play the scenario B when I finish up Front Mission 3, because I'm enjoying the main scenario (Emma) so much. It's really the perfect real robot final fantasy tactics mod I always wanted.

I just wish there were more missions where you split your party into 2 groups, because that's the only time you get to really use more than 4 wanzers. The rest of the time, the game has kind of this Pokemon Red syndrome, where you only need to upgrade 4 of your 8+ wanzers and pilots and you can steamroll a map even if you only have 1 or 2 really strong wanzers (exactly like how you can steamroll pokemon red with just venassholesaur). The two-party missions force you to bring up your B team and try to integrate them into your strategy. It's really fun.

Basic wanzer building guide for weapons, which I found works really well, is to have a primary weapon, an offhand shield and then missiles IF you have leftover weight/energy to support it. Even weak missiles are nice to use in the early stages of the fight, before the enemy can close with you.

And yes, I DO have a mech equipped with a sniper rifle that I named Scopedog.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:25 am

I remember buying and playing this because it looked interesting and promising. Turned out it's not that great which is too bad because it's not the kind of game you see everyday.