E3 - June 9-12

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: E3 - June 9-12

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:09 pm
I dislike FF12 for a similar reason. There's one, maybe two empires with really fancy-looking airships, guns and fucking robots, and most other parts of the world look like you've just traveled back 300+ years into the past
As opposed to our real world where many parts of the world are even more behind but got their hands on some iPhones.
There's a slight difference between "We're rageaholics from bumfuck nowhere enjoying our Murrican phones and Russian guns" and "We're literally in the Middle Ages, while our big neighbours are flying around in what looks like spaceships. Also their city has skyscrapers I think.". Whatever the lame good guy city from FF12 was called again, it certainly didn't quite look like Somali.
Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am
Sorry, can't get on the "FFVII is overrated" bandwagon. That game was my childhood. Yeah the hodgepodge of hi-tech, low culture is poorly defined but it's also charming in a "anything goes" kinda way. At least Square didn't take all that shit seriously back then and just had fun with world building.
You're telling me the part where Cloud visits a bee cosplay brothel and dresses up as a girl to get into some rich perv's house was not deep and thought-provoking?

(Also I hope the remake lets you keep your girly attire for the rest of the game.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:09 pm
I dislike FF12 for a similar reason. There's one, maybe two empires with really fancy-looking airships, guns and fucking robots, and most other parts of the world look like you've just traveled back 300+ years into the past.
The soundtrack is pretty good though.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:52 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:05 pm
There's a slight difference between "We're rageaholics from bumfuck nowhere enjoying our Murrican phones and Russian guns" and "We're literally in the Middle Ages, while our big neighbours are flying around in what looks like spaceships. Also their city has skyscrapers I think.".
That's the Middle East, especially the Arabian peninsula where the oil rich countries have cities for the elite that look like they are from the future while the peasants live like it is 1100AD.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Fuck, the writers where more clever than I imagined. That is when they didn't pull shit like "I AM BASCH FON RONSENBERG!"
Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 pm
The soundtrack is pretty good though.
I have to agree. FF12 is the worst game with the catchiest town tunes.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:15 pm

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Stone Cold Steve Austin is such a prick, he should of threw that punch while on camera and got his kids taken away.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:09 pm
Angelfire Memes wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:22 am
Why is that FF7 remake literally everything Squeenix makes taking so long anyway?
It's not a real game though. It's some MMO that's going to release online only one world at a time (or whatever).

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:34 pm

mad bum wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 pm
Stone Cold Steve Austin is such a prick, he should of threw that punch while on camera and got his kids taken away.
You got it all wrong, maybe he is just a big fan of Dalmasca :lol:

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:24 pm

I think it's funny because they are set in California so that guy must live there, that video is like 8 years old though. Maybe they went to NorCal where all the hillbillies like him are
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Anybody seen the survey from Square Enix? You can tell them how shit they are and what you want but the kicker is somewhere down the line you reach a question where you have to rank commonly known studios like EA, Bethesda etc. in what you believe make consistently good quality games. The catch is you have to rank them from 1-12 (from best to worst) and you can't put everyone at 12 like I wanted to do :lol: