What are you playing?

Talk about the life consuming, celibacy inducing hobby that is all the rage these days.
da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Re: What are you playing?

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm
Sony systems sucks. Both my PS2 and PS3 are useless because the disc drives stopped working. I remember my old PS1s having the same problem. Has to be deliberate.
It is. Every first-gen PlayStation SKU has had a notoriously flimsy, failure-prone disc drive. They always miraculously find a new design to fix it a couple years later, forcing all the early adopters to double-down and buy a new iteration of the console.
Is Spoony dead yet?

FuckSploony

Post by FuckSploony » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:05 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm
I've been playing some dank souls 3 because why not I guess. It's still my least-favorite of these games. Beat Yhorm and now I'm on the Pontiff. BTW dsp raging the fuck out over this pontiff guy is hilarious. I fought him once so far and he killed me once so far, but I got him down to his last 10% or so of health, first try. I doubt he'll be too hard. I don't know how the pig manages to play these souls games so much without learning anything about dodge timings.
PigRoachPhil is the singularity of sucking.

The only fight i ever called bullshit in DS3 was the one after Pontiff Sulivan because its really dependent on RNG. That fucking boss has a 1-shot kill move, as long as you can run its fine... the problem is that he might use it again, and again, and again... if he does and you are out of stamina running from the previous attack, you are fucked (the attack hits several times, and if you are hit once it stun locks you in place and the rest will kill you). But as long as he doesnt use it more than twice in a row you should be fine.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:55 pm

I've had to sell off multiple playstation systems for parts because they end up not working, they are made like complete shit, almost as bad as the 360.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm
I've been playing some dank souls 3 because why not I guess. It's still my least-favorite of these games. Beat Yhorm and now I'm on the Pontiff. BTW dsp raging the fuck out over this pontiff guy is hilarious. I fought him once so far and he killed me once so far, but I got him down to his last 10% or so of health, first try. I doubt he'll be too hard. I don't know how the pig manages to play these souls games so much without learning anything about dodge timings.
Dark Soy bosses in general seem to be quite overhyped. I mean, DS1's Ornstein & Smough? Super-sized Ornstein can't even hit you with his pointy stick if you just stay within your own weapon's reach. It's downright embarassing.
Guest wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm
Sony systems sucks. Both my PS2 and PS3 are useless because the disc drives stopped working. I remember my old PS1s having the same problem. Has to be deliberate.
So that's why the disc drive was the first thing to start going weird on my PS2...
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:58 pm

What DS bosses lack in design they often make up for with bullshit hitboxes. From Soft was never a quality developer.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 pm

I don't know how I ended up where I am, but I found out Romancing Saga 2 is on steam. And yes, I know it's a bad port, but I touched upon Romancing Saga games on the SNES and they were good, but I never really PLAYED them that much.

Kinda wanna nostalgia up and give it a shot... should I`?
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 am

There are fan-translated ROMs out there. Just emulate it. Don't spend 25 bucks on a shitty port.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:15 am

25 bucks? Dafuq? Oh, it's one of those shitty ports from a shitty smartphone remake, like the Steam versions of Chrono Trigger and FF5+6. Even looks a lot like the latter. Probably has weird artstyle mishmash, shitty character sprites, and a blurry filter you can't get rid of and who actually gets worse in the port because the screen is stretched to shit. Best to avoid IMO.

(And if this was a Sega console franchise, Steam would probably already have an emulated version of the original for 5 bucks tops.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:47 pm

As I said, don't buy that shit. Grab a translated ROM and fire up an emulator. You get the actual game, likely even with better, non-pozzed translation for the low cost of $0 no shipping.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Thinking of hacking my PSP finally. Anyone here ever done it?
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.